Decisive Strike is bad for the game

I began to realize when I am not using the perk, killers slug me because they think I have it, but if theres no obsession then they tunnel the entire game. I myself have punished people for not using it whereas I used to be nice to the people without it and punish those who brought it in.

This perk is ruining it for me honestly. Survivors have figured out how to abuse it and I get punished as killer vs it and punished as survivor for not using it. That was never a problem for me before the locker tech abuse bs

Comments

  • @altruistic said:

    I try to use fun perks, get punished for it.

    Bring DS and Unbreakable? I get opportunities to survive against the sweaty killer I am playing against.

    It’s fine the way it is, just equip it every single match.

    This is exactly how I feel. Whenever I don't bring those two perks I get tunneled into oblivion.

  • funny how everyone is like "just slug to avoid it and its fine, dont tunnel" but when the killer runs noed he is a scumbag because just cleaning all 5 totems is too hard. you kids should stop only playing one side. love the double standard.

  • @MisterCremaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/901593#Comment_901593

    It's not a5 second stun though, if it just dropped you and your stayed in the dying state that would be fine. But it's a5 second stun and an entirely new chase. It's the chase that's the problem, not the stun

    Which just lasts another 10-15seconds in 99% of the cases. Yeah what a problem. OMG

  • @yoi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/900867#Comment_900867

    they are surv mains they dont udnerstand that, how would they understand it if the only thing they know is that they can make multiple mistakes per match and dont get punished for it, because there are still other people in the game to help them. they dont play killer they dont know how much stress the killer (one single person) go trough per match (in red ransk at least) how much one simple DS can change the entire game because the simple (i have no pressure now, i had it but i got punish even without tunneling and i lost the pressure i had and i needed u dont have everytime 60 seconds sometimes you need to kill people, u dont have tiem to slug, sometimes u need to have people out of the game) they dont understand that, they never will maybe if they start to play killer they could understand how survivor sided the game is punishing the killer for simple mistakes, they probably think killer is like survivor being able to fu*k it over and over again and nothing will happen. as a killer you cant fuk it over adn over again, and that is a problem the game has.

    Killers are overpowered, and many times they camp a hooked survivor. Killer bots will b better.

  • I know it can be annoying as killer but without it most killers would just tunnel you off the hook so I think having something to prevent that is good.

  • I think DS is great. It pushes killers to tunnel less, but still leaves them the option to do so if they want to take the risk. Personally, when I play killer I almost always assume every survivor has DS, and I'm fine with that. I feel I am less frustrating for the survivors to play against, I get more GG's post game and the odd time I do make the call to chance DS, there's a good reason for it and it's a tense moment.

  • Get your bottle of milk and go to bed already.

  • It will be perfect when they actually make it an anti-tunnel perk, i.e. no more survivors hopping in lockers, unhooking, or doing gens in my face because they know they have 60 seconds of immunity.

  • Can people stop bringing old threads back from the dead and just make a new topic about it?

    116797097_3258563460848545_3378993522501781201_n.jpg


  • @WickedMilk03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/900828#Comment_900828

    you can abuse it by jumping in a locker in front of the killer if he tries to down u to apply pressure. You can literally not be tunneled and still use the perk. They say its anti tunnel but it isnt. I have an unpleasant experience as killer and survivor because of the perk.

    This doesnt make any sense because how can he be abusing it if your off chasing someone else. It only last a minute from when you get unhooked.

    This sounds like you seen someone going for the unhook and ran back over and then decided to go after the guy who just came off hook to apply more pressure or to go after the easy target. Either way is not fun for the survivor and is the sole purpose of why DS exist.

    If you just went after the guy who made the save generally speaking by the time you down him and hook him and then make it back to the other survivor his ds ran out. You run into problems when trying to slug for extra pressure ect.

    Dont be greedy and ds is almost never a problem. The only problem with DS is if you get unhooked during egc and still have ds your almost guaranteed a free get out card.

    This is coming from a rank 1 killer who mains billy so i know all about downing survivors real fast. Just never go after the guy who was just hooked or just eat it and move on.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/900820#Comment_900820

    THen killers should get ruin permanently as a built in mechanic. Plus its not an anti-tunnel perk, its 60 seconds of immunity. It should deactivate after another survivor is hooked. It also has no counterplay. Slugging is not counterplay, its the best you can do in the situation, its not over coming the ability with good play.

    Bruh is literally 60 seconds, if you find the survival in 60 seconds or you are hyper lucky or you are tunneling for you heal someone takes 20 seconds i think i dont really know, and a bad chase can take 40 seconds easily, and you dont have any warranty that he is not going to pop a gen in your side and this will make you lose you last 5 seconds of ds. in others word 60 seconds is nothing and if you are not tunelling you will be fine

  • (survivor main, console, red ranks):

    When I play killer, I know I can purposely down the guy that was just rescued, and reduce pressure on me by 25%+ once more...

    However, I purposely target the rescuer before I chase the unhooked individual. If I do have to switch on to the unhooked individual, I typically slug not because of DS, but just to give them a chance. If no one comes for the slug-rescue then I'll capitalize on it n' hook 'em and just tell myself their teammates don't care.

    I know factually getting someone out of game as soon as possible reduces pressure so so so much, but I also know it is terrible to do to another individual playing to enjoy themselves. I feel like Borrowed Time should just be a built in mechanic for anyone unhooked *shrugs* but I am also aware my empathetic playstyle is the minority in ranks that typically play to do well and win.

  • @ygnea said:

    Just make DS deactivate after someone else gets hooked, and make it permanent until someone else gets hooked instead of timed. It’s literally the simplest fix ever.

    So you can do gens or sit in the locker for eternity. Nice

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/900908#Comment_900908

    So you can do gens or sit in the locker for eternity. Nice

    So you can just... Chase someone else..? Or bait them till they're out the locker, slug, then go for someone else? Or eat it really early? Wasted perk slot.

  • Oh my god this thread aged horribly Lmao.

  • Obviously the perk is abused. The antitunneling thing is needed, especially for new players. But when in combo with lockers and unbreakable is well known 60 seconds invulnerability. But thats not the real problem, because a slug survivor cant work on gen. The real problem only survivor mains dont admin (I play both role, I only claim balance fun games), is that a survivor not slugged can rush gens with it, with also other shields like teammates borrowed time, bodyblocks, instaheals, etc... And if I slug him unbreakable, soulguard, for the people, any means necessary etc. This for possible 4 decisive that can activate a total of 8 times, and is a real nightmare in maps like ormond with 1000 tiles and furious genrush. Change my Mind.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1718646#Comment_1718646

    So you can just... Chase someone else..? Or bait them till they're out the locker, slug, then go for someone else? Or eat it really early? Wasted perk slot.

    you aren't playing killer much if you're saying such silly things

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1718751#Comment_1718751

    you aren't playing killer much if you're saying such silly things

    image.png image.png

    Oh okay I guess I'm not a rank 1 killer main I understand completely.

    https://www.twitch.tv/karu_tc I belonged to CheersTC. May he forever rest in peace. Truly one of the best people I knew <3 i got moried on 01-04-20 dan k, you better pay up ~~~~~~~~~~~ Community Health Project phase 1 has concluded! Here's how to find out more: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/196472/the-dbd-community-health-project/p1 https://discord.com/invite/vwNRswb GoodBoyKaru, member and moderator for the project here. Feel free to ask any questions! May you all have a great match!

    That's my steam profile. Karu_TC being my twitch (that i've talked about on here many times before), as well as obviously sharing my name "Karu", which isn't exactly common. Looking under my previous aliases oin steam there's also "Wraith's Simp" which, if you check my Twitter (also under Karu_TC) I've talked about simping for Wraith before, "Karu", or "Default Blendette", and I've been open about me being a Blendette main when I play Survivor. Just in case you don't think that's me.

    So yeah, I guess I don't play much killer. @MusicNerd_TC @JawsIsTheNextKiller @Aneurysm I've lied to all of you I guess I'm still a survivor main.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720127#Comment_1720127

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0FR9U0GS9BZS/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MGZ88KZV116M/image.png

    Oh okay I guess I'm not a rank 1 killer main I understand completely.

    https://steamcommunity.com/id/Karu_TC/

    That's my steam profile. Karu_TC being my twitch (that i've talked about on here many times before), as well as obviously sharing my name "Karu", which isn't exactly common. Looking under my previous aliases oin steam there's also "Wraith's Simp" which, if you check my Twitter (also under Karu_TC) I've talked about simping for Wraith before, "Karu", or "Default Blendette", and I've been open about me being a Blendette main when I play Survivor. Just in case you don't think that's me.

    So yeah, I guess I don't play much killer. @MusicNerd_TC @JawsIsTheNextKiller @Aneurysm I've lied to all of you I guess I'm still a survivor main.

    I don't know you very well but you are quickly becoming one of my fav members, along with the others <3!! DS isn't the best perk, and I find that using it just makes the killer come after me the second the stun is over. So, I use perks that help me get away before I can get hooked or attacked, because I know that most killers expect DS at this point.

  • @megswifey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720183#Comment_1720183

    I don't know you very well but you are quickly becoming one of my fav members, along with the others <3!! DS isn't the best perk, and I find that using it just makes the killer come after me the second the stun is over. So, I use perks that help me get away before I can get hooked or attacked, because I know that most killers expect DS at this point.

    well if i dont joke around about people calling me a survivor main every 2 seconds ill start crying, but im glad im becoming one of your favourite members lol <3

    you're really wholesome yourself tho, don't give me too much credit for being a sarcastic bastard lmao.

  • Can confirm @GoodBoyKaru is a pure survivor main, have watched him play multiple survivor games with a weird cosmetic that gives you first person view and a big knife, probably one of Jeff's

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Can confirm @GoodBoyKaru is a pure survivor main, have watched him play multiple survivor games with a weird cosmetic that gives you first person view and a big knife, probably one of Jeff's

    ######### sake I've been exposed.

  • @ygnea said:

    Just make DS deactivate after someone else gets hooked, and make it permanent until someone else gets hooked instead of timed. It’s literally the simplest fix ever.

    yes this would work so well against new bubba now he revs the saw and downs you both even trough bt

  • Funny if I get DSed i usually will tunnel that guy, it's really funny.

1 2 ›