I can't believe this needs to be said, but

The fact that some survivors have exploited bugs in the past—while equally scummy—is not an excuse for killers to be freely exploiting the basement bug... and acting like it's their God-given right to do it at that, just because they got hit with a DS their last game. (Pro tip: you can literally counter DS by not tunneling. Wild, I know.)

Stop making excuses for cheap exploits. It's garbage *no matter who does it* the end.

**Edit: Since some people struggle with reading comprehension, let me clarify some things:

1. I'm aware it's patched. It wasn't when I wrote this—but that wasn't the point.

2. I'm in no way implying that all or even most killers abused the bug. Also not the point.

3. This isn't about the bug itself, or even the fact that it was exploited. This is about the attitudes I've seen from people who admitted to exploiting the bug on purpose to "punish" survivors as a whole... because some of them abused bugs in the past. Because for one, you're probably not "punishing" the same survivors who exploited said bugs, and for two, that's insanely childish and you should probably grow up if you think that way. I'm not sorry for saying that.

4. I'm not a survivor main. I play both. I also don't run DS as survivor. I only brought it up because someone else used it as a justification for exploiting the basement bug and I was pointing out how silly it sounded.


So... If you're not of the opinion that one side doing it is okay because the other has done it before... then congratulations, this wasn't about you and you aren't required to take it personally and make butthurt comments as if I insulted your mother or something. 😊

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899224#Comment_899224

    well, since apparently not only i but also others have completely misunderstood your post, you should probaply rething your wording here.

    because what i "quoted" was what i felt like this post was trying to address - the killer community abusing this bug to win easily ingame.

    if you are only talking about a small percentage of killers, please say so. otherwise it will, like it did in this case, lead to confusion.

    btw, now that i know what exactly you are talking about i couldnt agree more.

    bug abusing is always a douchebag move to do, no matter who you play.

    i only tried to defend those killers who were not abusing the bug / unknowingly "using" the bug with my post, since i thought you'd have attacked the killer community as a whole.

    sorry for the misunderstanding.

    I re-read my post and I just honestly don't know how to make it more clear. I even quoted the specific comments I read that I am speaking about. I'm not being an #########, either, I really don't understand how there is so much confusion. I didn't say I was upset about the bug, I said it's sh*tty to have this mindset that it's okay to play scummy just because other people do it. It's not the bug or that I think every killer abused it... it's the justification I saw in threads on here.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899202#Comment_899202

    Basement hooks, even before the bug, built a ton of pressure and put the Survivors in a position they often did not want to be in.

    Yes, I get that, and I agree. This other person tried to say killers only hook in the basement if the survivors wiggle, and I was saying I think that's probably bullsh**. Lol

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    I'm an xbox player when does it get patched?

    Probably about the time you posted this comment. Lol

  • @alphaholic said:

    The fact that some survivors have exploited bugs in the past—while equally scummy—is not an excuse for killers to be freely exploiting the basement bug... and acting like it's their God-given right to do it at that, just because they got hit with a DS their last game. (Pro tip: you can literally counter DS by not tunneling. Wild, I know.)

    Stop making excuses for cheap exploits. It's garbage *no matter who does it* the end.

    But even if you’re not tunneling you can still get hit with ds because the other person you went after got downed within that minute timer.

  • @alphaholic said:

    The fact that some survivors have exploited bugs in the past—while equally scummy—is not an excuse for killers to be freely exploiting the basement bug... and acting like it's their God-given right to do it at that, just because they got hit with a DS their last game. (Pro tip: you can literally counter DS by not tunneling. Wild, I know.)

    Stop making excuses for cheap exploits. It's garbage *no matter who does it* the end.

    Prove that they knew they were doing it intentionally if the only ever play killer they might not even know it's a thing. Can't punish someone for a glitch that literally doesn't require them to do anything out of the ordinary to do.


    It's not like gears of wars roadie run that's required specific inputs to do

  • @alphaholic said:

    The fact that some survivors have exploited bugs in the past—while equally scummy—is not an excuse for killers to be freely exploiting the basement bug... and acting like it's their God-given right to do it at that, just because they got hit with a DS their last game. (Pro tip: you can literally counter DS by not tunneling. Wild, I know.)

    Stop making excuses for cheap exploits. It's garbage *no matter who does it* the end.

    DS is used for more than just "not tunneling" I have used it to unhook people than escape, 60 seconds is a bit long, unless they made it to where it IMMEDIATLY de-activates when someone else gets hooked and you are unhooked than it will be used MORE than a anti tunneling perk

  • @JoDioSan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110595/i-cant-believe-this-needs-to-be-said-but

    But even if you’re not tunneling you can still get hit with ds because the other person you went after got downed within that minute timer.

    True, but not likely. The time it takes to down, pick up, and hook another survivor—and then down the one you hooked before a second time—easily covers 40-60 seconds.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110595/i-cant-believe-this-needs-to-be-said-but

    DS is used for more than just "not tunneling" I have used it to unhook people than escape, 60 seconds is a bit long, unless they made it to where it IMMEDIATLY de-activates when someone else gets hooked and you are unhooked than it will be used MORE than a anti tunneling perk

    I still just don't think 40-60 seconds is a super long time. As a survivor, I can easily run a killer at least that long anyway before being hit—as long as I wasn't unhooked literally right in their face without borrowed. The best use of DS is during endgame, but it's really situational and absolutely can be countered. I say that as someone who actively and successfully counters it when I play killer. Very rarely is it a game changer, but of course it can be when it's played correctly under the right circumstances—which is how perks should be. It doesn't make a survivor a god though, and I feel like some people act like it does.

  • @DarthRane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110595/i-cant-believe-this-needs-to-be-said-but

    Prove that they knew they were doing it intentionally if the only ever play killer they might not even know it's a thing. Can't punish someone for a glitch that literally doesn't require them to do anything out of the ordinary to do.

    It's not like gears of wars roadie run that's required specific inputs to do

    I'm not repeating myself for the 56th time to correct you just because you can't read. Figure out where you went wrong by yourself, all I'm telling you is that's literally not what I said at all.

  • @arslaN said:

    Both sides abused many exploits in the past. The infinite mending legion, moonwalking legion, wake up, on demand sprint burst and probably more that I can't remember now.

    The unreachable spot in The Crotus Prenn Asylum roof

  • @alphaholic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899363#Comment_899363

    I still just don't think 40-60 seconds is a super long time. As a survivor, I can easily run a killer at least that long anyway before being hit—as long as I wasn't unhooked literally right in their face without borrowed. The best use of DS is during endgame, but it's really situational and absolutely can be countered. I say that as someone who actively and successfully counters it when I play killer. Very rarely is it a game changer, but of course it can be when it's played correctly under the right circumstances—which is how perks should be. It doesn't make a survivor a god though, and I feel like some people act like it does.

    here is a scenario that happened recently, I was hooked when it was 1 gen left struggle phase against a T3 myers, last gen was at about 90% in killer shack with 3 of us on it, this is right after I got unhooked we went right for the gen, he grabs me, I DS him, finish the gen and Adrenaline procs on everyone. NON SWF BTW. his T3 ends soon after and its a EZ escape after that


    the plays that you can do with DS is numerous. basically you are untouchable for 60 seconds

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899437#Comment_899437

    here is a scenario that happened recently, I was hooked when it was 1 gen left struggle phase against a T3 myers, last gen was at about 90% in killer shack with 3 of us on it, this is right after I got unhooked we went right for the gen, he grabs me, I DS him, finish the gen and Adrenaline procs on everyone. NON SWF BTW. his T3 ends soon after and its a EZ escape after that

    the plays that you can do with DS is numerous. basically you are untouchable for 60 seconds

    Again, I didn't say it was NEVER a game changer... it just isn't always. You're not untouchable, either. You know how many times I see someone hit a killer with DS just to get downed again within 10 seconds? More often than not tbh. Unless the killer sucks or the survivor is just insanely good at winning chases—in the case of the latter I wouldn't think DS would be a meta perk for that person.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899437#Comment_899437

    here is a scenario that happened recently, I was hooked when it was 1 gen left struggle phase against a T3 myers, last gen was at about 90% in killer shack with 3 of us on it, this is right after I got unhooked we went right for the gen, he grabs me, I DS him, finish the gen and Adrenaline procs on everyone. NON SWF BTW. his T3 ends soon after and its a EZ escape after that

    the plays that you can do with DS is numerous. basically you are untouchable for 60 seconds

    Although I have seen it come in super clutch at the exit gate during endgame. But that's pretty situational and not going to happen all the time.

  • @alphaholic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899353#Comment_899353

    I'm not repeating myself for the 56th time to correct you just because you can't read. Figure out where you went wrong by yourself, all I'm telling you is that's literally not what I said at all.

    Just cause you didn't say doesn't mean it wasn't implied lmfao. Try again

  • @alphaholic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/898637#Comment_898637

    Man some of you struggle with reading comprehension. It wasn't the bug itself (didn't say it was either), it was the sweaty betties gloating about deliberately abusing it every game they can to troll survivors because a Dwight hit them with DS one time and it hurt their feelings. ######### survivors exist, and I strongly dislike them whether I'm playing killer or they're on my team... but why use that as excuse to be an ######### killer? Like I said, I play both, and honestly I go out of my way to not t-bag at pallets or gates, not camp, not tunnel, and just generally not play like an ######### no matter what role I'm playing... and I guess I wish more people were that way, instead of being the bitter & spiteful players they are. Weird concept for some people I guess? I have the most fun when I run into people who don't take themselves too seriously and just play to have fun. It was disheartening to read comments from people saying ######### like "Hell yeah I'm abusing it, f*** those survivors!" like dude... who hurt you? Why act like that? "Because I've seen survivors do it!" ...okay, so we're twelve-year-olds now? You hate toxic survivors so you strive to act just like them? I guess that's more where I was coming from. I don't get that attitude at all.

    So your telling me when the killer is after you, and your on the maps with infinite loops, you don't use them? Cause I'll call bs right now on that. Every player uses them. Is it right and fair? Helllll no. But will you still use it to gain an advantage and get the upper hand? You bet your ass, because you don't get in trouble or penalised for using it, even though it's CLEARY an exploit. The basement glitch won't happen to you again now, but I bet you will be tbagged on infinity loops everytime you get those maps still. Survs play toxic as hell most the time(ps4) and it's suppose to be ok, but when a killer does it though... OFF WITH THERE HEAD AND BURN THEM TO ASH!!! BAN THEM FOR LIFE!!!! 😆

  • @DarthRane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899441#Comment_899441

    Just cause you didn't say doesn't mean it wasn't implied lmfao. Try again

    Do you know what "implied" means? Because it seems to me that you do not. I explicitly (not implicitly) stated EXACTLY what I meant, AND elaborated even further in my edits to my post. There is no room for misunderstanding. You apparently just can't read. The end.

  • @alphaholic said:

    The fact that some survivors have exploited bugs in the past—while equally scummy—is not an excuse for killers to be freely exploiting the basement bug... and acting like it's their God-given right to do it at that, just because they got hit with a DS their last game. (Pro tip: you can literally counter DS by not tunneling. Wild, I know.)

    Stop making excuses for cheap exploits. It's garbage *no matter who does it* the end.

    **Edit: Since some people struggle with reading comprehension, let me clarify some things:

    1. I'm aware it's patched. It wasn't when I wrote this—but that wasn't the point.

    2. I'm in no way implying that all or even most killers abused the bug. Also not the point.

    3. This isn't about the bug itself, or even the fact that it was exploited. This is about the attitudes I've seen from people who admitted to exploiting the bug on purpose to "punish" survivors as a whole... because some of them abused bugs in the past. Because for one, you're probably not "punishing" the same survivors who exploited said bugs, and for two, that's insanely childish and you should probably grow up if you think that way. I'm not sorry for saying that.

    4. I'm not a survivor main. I play both. I also don't run DS as survivor. I only brought it up because someone else used it as a justification for exploiting the basement bug and I was pointing out how silly it sounded.

    So... If you're not of the opinion that one side doing it is okay because the other has done it before... then congratulations, this wasn't about you and you aren't required to take it personally and make butthurt comments as if I insulted your mother or something. 😊

    While I do agree with you

    DS has a 60 second timer meaning it is possible to be doing well and get hit by DS because you over performed or are in a situation where you are forced to get them because they force a locker spam for the entirety of DS.

    Sometimes a killer didnt deserve the DS strike, but as I say to a killer whenever I'm downed and grabbed with DS active "say no to tunneling" even if they honestly were not.

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899248#Comment_899248

    So your telling me when the killer is after you, and your on the maps with infinite loops, you don't use them? Cause I'll call bs right now on that. Every player uses them. Is it right and fair? Helllll no. But will you still use it to gain an advantage and get the upper hand? You bet your ass, because you don't get in trouble or penalised for using it, even though it's CLEARY an exploit. The basement glitch won't happen to you again now, but I bet you will be tbagged on infinity loops everytime you get those maps still. Survs play toxic as hell most the time(ps4) and it's suppose to be ok, but when a killer does it though... OFF WITH THERE HEAD AND BURN THEM TO ASH!!! BAN THEM FOR LIFE!!!! 😆

    First of all, they're not "infinite" because in order to be "infinite" there would have to be zero difference in speed between the chaser and the chased, and we all know there isn't. If a survivor is really good and/or a killer is really bad then yes it can prolong a chase quite a bit... but most good killers know it's not smart to chase one person for that long anyway.

    Looping isn't toxic. T-bagging at pallets is imo, but that doesn't go hand-in-hand with looping.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110595/i-cant-believe-this-needs-to-be-said-but

    While I do agree with you

    DS has a 60 second timer meaning it is possible to be doing well and get hit by DS because you over performed or are in a situation where you are forced to get them because they force a locker spam for the entirety of DS.

    Sometimes a killer didnt deserve the DS strike, but as I say to a killer whenever I'm downed and grabbed with DS active "say no to tunneling" even if they honestly were not.

    I agree not every killer deserves it and sometimes it sucks, I'm just saying it's not the god perk people act like it is.

  • main killers will allways be those stupid big brains. i just wish queue time for killer took even longer FOR SOME REASON, LIKE, LESS PLAYERS, NOT SAYING THAT PLAYERS should dc a lot BUT IT WOULD BE FUN TO SEE KILLERS NOT PLAYING :D

  • @alphaholic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/901367#Comment_901367

    I agree not every killer deserves it and sometimes it sucks, I'm just saying it's not the god perk people act like it is.

    No it's not a god tier perk I agree. It's a great perk regardless, but a lot of people lean on it instead of taking the time to learn how to play killer. I see a lot of mediocre killers lose or be at high ranks because Ruin carried them through.

    People blindly follow Streamers/Other Killers who say Ruin is required to play killer. While I do agree to a extent I dont think that more then 1 to 4 Killers need it. Sure it's useful while learning a Killer though is that all there is too killer Ruin and 3 perks?

    So how do you teach someone how to properly apply pressure if they have replied on perks like Ruin and the Spirit Fury Enduring Combo?

  • @alphaholic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/898484#Comment_898484

    Probably about the time you posted this comment. Lol

    Lol my ass its still happening

  • Weird. Hasn't happened to me or anyone I know in over a week.

  • I was killer one game and a survivor had this glitch happened to them... I killed everyone else and helped the blind survivor to the hatch. Take care blind Feng.

  • @Bradyguy99 said:

    I was killer one game and a survivor had this glitch happened to them... I killed everyone else and helped the blind survivor to the hatch. Take care blind Feng.

    That's probably what I would have done, too.

1 2 ›