Oni is the worst killer in the game

Legion and clown have more than this guy, I basically have no power at all and am reduced to trying to mindgame safe loops against good survivors with a basic attack and collecting blood orbs that slow me down. The power itself is an overglorified billy chainsaw but it maneuvering hardly does me any good because they nerfed the end turn range so I cant ever hit survivors in loops because they just camp wherever its safe when they see me coming. All oni is good at is nothing, he has a pallet breaking tool that takes far too long to get online with some map traversal to boot that isn't even as good as billy's chainsaw. What a pathetic waste of 5$ might as well play legion for slightly better gameplay.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I got 3 4ks in red ranks yesterday.

    Those were my first 3 games.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/889382#Comment_889382

    I rate Trapper pretty high if you know what your doing xD.

    and i rate him extremely low if the survivors know what they are doing regardless of how good the trapper is.

  • @LoverOfDemogorgon said:

    Legion and clown have more than this guy, I basically have no power at all and am reduced to trying to mindgame safe loops against good survivors with a basic attack and collecting blood orbs that slow me down. The power itself is an overglorified billy chainsaw but it maneuvering hardly does me any good because they nerfed the end turn range so I cant ever hit survivors in loops because they just camp wherever its safe when they see me coming. All oni is good at is nothing, he has a pallet breaking tool that takes far too long to get online with some map traversal to boot that isn't even as good as billy's chainsaw. What a pathetic waste of 5$ might as well play legion for slightly better gameplay.

    As someone who hasn't played much in recent months and now deranks more than I rank up due to such little time in I'll tell you this much. At lower ranks he's powerful as, in the lower ranks people don't have a clue as to how to use Billy and end up running into trees rather than survivors.

    Unfortunately they have given this killer such a low skill ceiling that the lower ranks have finally got a killer than they can destroy people with due to the incompetencies of their teammates. Oni doesn't require a buff imo but some sort of change. Like a buff that only really effects him at high levels of play (basically change part of his kit to be more powerful but require skill)

  • @LoverOfDemogorgon said:

    Legion and clown have more than this guy, I basically have no power at all and am reduced to trying to mindgame safe loops against good survivors with a basic attack and collecting blood orbs that slow me down. The power itself is an overglorified billy chainsaw but it maneuvering hardly does me any good because they nerfed the end turn range so I cant ever hit survivors in loops because they just camp wherever its safe when they see me coming. All oni is good at is nothing, he has a pallet breaking tool that takes far too long to get online with some map traversal to boot that isn't even as good as billy's chainsaw. What a pathetic waste of 5$ might as well play legion for slightly better gameplay.

    I signed up on the forum just to agree with you. I am pissed I blew the money on a crappy billy. The fact it slows you down after it makes you go out of your way to collect orbs is trash.

  • @Fibijean said:

    Is it possible that he's just not the kind of killer that you can necessarily pick up and be brilliant at straight away?

    He's been out less than 24 hours, after all. Most people don't really know what they're doing with him yet. It's more likely that the problem is with how you're playing him rather than with the design of the killer.

    I played about 10 games as survivor against the Oni today at red/purple ranks. Almost all of them were 4Ks - I personally only escaped twice, and one was through the hatch out of sheer blind luck. The second time, I was the only one who escaped.

    It's possible that I'm just bad at surviving against the Oni, as were all my teammates, but he doesn't seem anywhere near underpowered to me. My first impression is that he's a solid A-tier, at the very least.

    Agree with this.

    I got my butt kicked quite regularly by the Oni and he didn't even have all his perk slots full or max level perks. Before you call me a noob, I'm a red rank survivor main. Especially on console, maybe we all need some time to learn how to play and counter him?

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/889342#Comment_889342

    Agree with this.

    I got my butt kicked quite regularly by the Oni and he didn't even have all his perk slots full or max level perks. Before you call me a noob, I'm a red rank survivor main. Especially on console, maybe we all need some time to learn how to play and counter him?

    So far all I can see is he promotes slugging. You want to camp and slug with him he is the best. Hooking ends your power so if you don't hook you keep your power.

  • *laughs in Clown, Wraith, Legion, Doctor, Trapper, Bubba and Plague*

    Edit: forgot Bubba boy

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/889382#Comment_889382

    I rate Trapper pretty high if you know what your doing xD.

    True but he definitely is weak. He needs some love :'(

  • He needs love yes, but a good Trapper wont put them in obvious spots to where he seems weak. A great Trapper can do well against SWF groups pretty well. A God Tier Trapper is legit rare as they are terrifying.

    Really the problem with Trapper is having to find and collect traps. Otherwise he would be fine. He's a killer based solely on skill of traps and mind games. Most people forget he doesn't want to hunt he wants to capture prey similar to Hag.

  • I just had a 3 minute game against him. He's over powered at best. Just stick to your Wraith or whatever. He's not the killer for you.

1 2 ›