BHVR is pranking me
Right after they nerf the mend times, i get 4 filthy blades and 1 nasty blade in the first new bloodweb. lol ok thx
Right after they nerf the mend times, i get 4 filthy blades and 1 nasty blade in the first new bloodweb. lol ok thx
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The mend time with both addons was RIDICULOUS!!!!
It needed to be adresses it was so freaking GAMEBREAKING!!!!
Yep, they couldn't just nerf the addons, they had to nerf legion and buff BT, one of the strongest survivor meta perks there is. Now it has no counterplay at all!
Really. The logical thing to do was make the add-ons non-stackable. Instead, Legion gets an overall nerf.
The Devs logic is something alien to all of human kind.
I haven't tried it yet, but even though Beast of Prey is not a counter to the deep wound timer, it is a situational counter to borrowed time.
Except DW isn't affected by Terror Radius anyomre. So Beast of Prey does nothing for BT or Legion.
For borrowed time to fire the unhooking survivor has to be within the terror radius of the killer, meaning that anyone with undetectable can prevent borrowed time from going off, and therefore prevent the deep wound timer from ever beginning.
.... you remember what Beast of Prey does right?
Thanks for explaining mae joke.
Yeah, it's not ideal, and makes it highly situational for preventing Borrowed Time. But, my point is that a counter does exist. Granted, it's not available on command because it would be too powerful. Undetectable on command is basically a killer power.
As an example: You see someone going to unhook, you chase, they loop you, you gain bloodlust just as another survivor runs up to unhook while you're distracted. If you want, you can turn straight to the freshly unhooked survivor and down them.
I haven't used it since the update, but even before the update I used Beast of Prey a lot. It's an extremely underrated perk, and the recent changes made it a decent amount stronger in chases.
TO be fair, if a survivor did that then that was a stupid play on there part in the first place.
Yeah but the devs don't think survivors should be punished for bad play. Killers on the other hand...
Yeah, it's unfortunate that a lot of our success as killer depend on survivors making mistakes. Although, BHVR has been giving us more tools to apply greater pressure and cause those mistakes to happen more often.
What tools are those?
The changes to Beast of Prey, Tinkerer, Dark Devotion, and the addition of Nemesis all have the potential to help the killer disorient a survivor, allowing them to get closer, and get a hit.
Possibly, I still say all of those are pretty weak to mediocre perks though.
Eh, to each his own, but if it's true that a large portion of killer success is dependent on survivors making mistakes, then perks that cause survivors to make them should be pretty good. I mean, I'll admit I only started using it for the bloodpoints because I thought it was crap, but then I realized it allows the killer to be completely random.
But, I'd encourage you to play enough games with Beast of Prey to learn how to use it to your advantage. Maybe you won't like the results, but I've seen pros turn into average joes when my red stain disappears. Potentially countering borrowed time is mostly an added bonus.
Granted, none of this really helps with the whole legion thing, and for that we should all be sorry, hah. Hopefulyl in the future they will make further changes :/