New Yamaoka Map is Way Too Dark

It's really hard to enjoy the new map when you can hardly see in front of you. It's too dark for survivor and killer. I play on PS4 so I can't make adjustments like people on PC can. Anyone else having this issue with the new map?

Comments

  • @I_Eat_Worms said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979997#Comment_979997

    well a friend came over around Christmas and brought one of those ps4 slims that had dbd on it and I tried it out ,because why not, and the que times were awful, the frame rate terrible, the huge screen made it hard to focus, terrible controls making moving around super clumsy compared to pc, that freaking weird screen effect on tvs that make shadows have a white color to them, and playing on a couch. im fine with devs downgrading all the graphics and make the maps super bright on console, but leave pc alone, it doesn't need to look crappier than it already is just to please console peasants

    also i played it on a switch and it was even worse than the ps4, its on lowest settings and it wasn't even at 100% resolution they had to downgrade it so much. it was literally impossible to find a killer match, at least survivor would take only a few seconds which was good

    We are not "console peasants" We comprise a significant portion of the community. I'd advise you to be wiser with your words.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996702#Comment_996702

    We are not "console peasants" We comprise a significant portion of the community. I'd advise you to be wiser with your words.

    I really hate the "PC Master Race" mentality. Sure, performance is better on PC, but I would argue more people actually play DBD on console because more people own a PS4 or Xbox One than a gaming PC. Just because the game isn't as optimized for us does not mean we don't understand how the game works.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996702#Comment_996702

    We are not "console peasants" We comprise a significant portion of the community. I'd advise you to be wiser with your words.

    but i never said there was barely any console players,i just called them peasants because they are playing on a clearly worse port of the game (aka the port that was rushed out for the 1st year anniversary to get some money and popularity boost, and the one that didnt even have every dlc ready at launch). devs can go and ######### up the console graphics even more to make it run decently but leave pc out of it please

  • @JacksonWise said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996811#Comment_996811

    I really hate the "PC Master Race" mentality. Sure, performance is better on PC, but I would argue more people actually play DBD on console because more people own a PS4 or Xbox One than a gaming PC. Just because the game isn't as optimized for us does not mean we don't understand how the game works.

    Thank you for summarizing one of my points.

  • @I_Eat_Worms said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996811#Comment_996811

    but i never said there was barely any console players,i just called them peasants because they are playing on a clearly worse port of the game (aka the port that was rushed out for the 1st year anniversary to get some money and popularity boost, and the one that didnt even have every dlc ready at launch). devs can go and ######### up the console graphics even more to make it run decently but leave pc out of it please

    I don't think you considered that some people can't afford an expensive PC, or that different patches can come out for different platforms.

    I'm not going to discuss with someone who won't open their mind. Be more considerate next time. PC and Console have different purposes. One is not better that the other.

  • I still remember one of the first time I was playing this map and I heard self-caring sounds right next to me. I looked around a few seconds trying to see this survivor when eventually a Blendette stood up 1m from me. She was legit invisible.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996950#Comment_996950

    I don't think you considered that some people can't afford an expensive PC, or that different patches can come out for different platforms.

    I'm not going to discuss with someone who won't open their mind. Be more considerate next time. PC and Console have different purposes. One is not better that the other.

    I understand you don't have enough money for a computer, but ever since they talked about cross progression and play becoming a thing in one of the dev things and considering how bad these devs are with keeping something working (like audio) for more than 3 months, I wouldn't want pc being changed because of it.all you would need is a 500 dollar pc to run this game. I never even said pc as a whole was better than console. in the case of a more competitiveish multiplayer game, pc is better. better aiming, frames, customize more settings, better screen etc. if its a casual single player game or a fighter game they are both good. like you said, "Worse than PC, yes, but not by much. " though with all the issues everyone knows about and devs refuse to fix I don't think its "not by much"

  • Hate to bring up an old thread, but we've had a few patches since December, and none of them have addressed this issue. Is the lighting being worked on at all? I've got the gamma turned up as high as it'll go on my TV and I still can barely see anything in either Yamaoka map, making it extremely frustrating as killer and survivor.

    Side note, the lower floor of the Gideon Meat Packing Plant is a bit too dark as well, but nowhere near as bad as either Yamaoka map.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @TheEndlessSorcerer said:

    Hate to bring up an old thread, but we've had a few patches since December, and none of them have addressed this issue. Is the lighting being worked on at all? I've got the gamma turned up as high as it'll go on my TV and I still can barely see anything in either Yamaoka map, making it extremely frustrating as killer and survivor.

    Side note, the lower floor of the Gideon Meat Packing Plant is a bit too dark as well, but nowhere near as bad as either Yamaoka map.

    I'm sorry to hear it is still near unplayable for you. I actually thought they had fixed it because it hasn't been as bad for me lately. I must have made some adjustments on my TV settings to make it not as awful.

  • Its because of the engine updates they do. After every update that touch graphics the game turns darker. In ultra the game is barely visible.

    I used to play in medium for the slightly more visibility compared to hight and ultra. Now the low option is the medium of before. So i recommend to play in low if you are playing killer.

  • Idk if this has anything to do with it but i have an HDR mode on my 4k T.V.

    When i turn it off it makes it much more managable.

  • So why have you done nothing about it, been a few months? I mean I don't want to sound like a jerk, but it honestly doesn't strike me as the kind of fix that would be a difficult one, there is no bug splatting to be done with it, just brighten it a bit and tone down some of the shadow areas.

1 2 ›