Congrats guys, you got it...

I look forward to continue to never see any of these again because no one uses them.

  • Hound (The Huntress – Event Mask)
  • Untamed Donkey Jacket (David King – Event Body)
  • Pro-Pain Hammer (The Hillbilly – Event Weapon)
  • Free Song Bird Slip Dress (Kate Denson – Event Body)


But you get to keep your precious costume to yourself. Because why let people enjoy things right? Congrats!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • No one uses David's jacket because they'll just get super tunneled for doing so for whatever reason.

    I wish I could use it more often.


  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/885733#Comment_885733

    If you think that the basis of the complaints was elitism, you weren't paying enough attention.

    What I see is "The event was hard, so I deserve the skin, while others don't". Except for it wasn't that hard and people exaggerate the effort needed to get the skins.

    That's what I got from those complaints and to me it sounds like elitism. If I missed something feel free to point it out.

  • @Zixology said:

    No one uses David's jacket because they'll just get super tunneled for doing so for whatever reason.

    I wish I could use it more often.

    Well...letting others get it would do just that.

    Also, I doubt most people actually tunnel david. And how would you know you are tunneled because of the jacket and not literally any other reason?


    On an unrelated note, you sounded just like the premium players from fallout 76 😂

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/885755#Comment_885755

    What was it then? Because all I saw sounded a lot like elitism

    I can try to explain it, but I don't think there's anything I can say that hasn't already been said.

    Basically, the value that those cosmetics held for those who owned them wasn't what the cosmetics themselves looked like, it was what they represented. Like souvenirs, if you like. The fact that you owned that cosmetic meant "I was here, I went through the requirements to achieve this" - whether it was grinding an event, or going to a convention, or winning a giveaway.

    It wasn't a matter of lording it over other people or feeding a superiority complex, it was a sense of pride in being singled out for their achievements - similarly to the sense of pride someone might earn for receiving a distinguished trophy of some kind.

    Essentially, the value of those items lay in what they represented as trophies, not only to those who earned them but to the community at large. By giving them away to everyone, the value in that sense was reduced to nil. It was a loss, and that's why people were disappointed.

  • @ZerLukas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/885755#Comment_885755

    What I see is "The event was hard, so I deserve the skin, while others don't". Except for it wasn't that hard and people exaggerate the effort needed to get the skins.

    That's what I got from those complaints and to me it sounds like elitism. If I missed something feel free to point it out.

    See my reply to Weck above. I don't know if it will make sense, but I did my best to explain it.

  • @ZerLukas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/885755#Comment_885755

    What I see is "The event was hard, so I deserve the skin, while others don't". Except for it wasn't that hard and people exaggerate the effort needed to get the skins.

    That's what I got from those complaints and to me it sounds like elitism. If I missed something feel free to point it out.

    For some it was elitism of having something others dont but for others it was mainly about something they earned being given out for free. It also made the fact legacy was not being released as well seem strange to some.

    To make it fair they could release them on the store like the more recent event skins rather than give them out for free then there is some consistency with all event skins.

  • "people earned them and spent time" the summer items took like 5 games to get..and it's not that serious its just a shirt. demanding to keep something exclusive is just promoting elitist attitudes. "i worked hard for it" is just an excuse to be a show off.

  • @TAG said:

    Boooo, the Pro-Pain Hammer is actually the one I unlocked when I played on PS4, but now I don't have access to it on PC.

    I feel your pain. I have the huntress mask on xbox but switched to pc recently

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/885772#Comment_885772

    I can try to explain it, but I don't think there's anything I can say that hasn't already been said.

    Basically, the value that those cosmetics held for those who owned them wasn't what the cosmetics themselves looked like, it was what they represented. Like souvenirs, if you like. The fact that you owned that cosmetic meant "I was here, I went through the requirements to achieve this" - whether it was grinding an event, or going to a convention, or winning a giveaway.

    It wasn't a matter of lording it over other people or feeding a superiority complex, it was a sense of pride in being singled out for their achievements - similarly to the sense of pride someone might earn for receiving a distinguished trophy of some kind.

    Essentially, the value of those items lay in what they represented as trophies, not only to those who earned them but to the community at large. By giving them away to everyone, the value in that sense was reduced to nil. It was a loss, and that's why people were disappointed.

    You are describing elitism... do you not see that?

    "I deserve this, you don't" how is that not elitism?

  • i don't agree with the people that say that other people don't deserve them because they didn't earn them like those people earned them it doesn't matter if we didn't earn them we started the game after you had them we didn't get to do the event so either bring the donkey jacket event back for those that didn't get to do it or give all the event cosmetics for free, or you could put the event cosmetics in the store any of this would be respectful to those of us that didn't get to do the event and people that want to complain about other people getting them for free, getting them in the store, or getting a chance to do the event, you're just too entitled stop complaining let others have a chance to get cool event cosmetics stop being entitled

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/885821#Comment_885821

    You are describing elitism... do you not see that?

    "I deserve this, you don't" how is that not elitism?

    Giving people what they deserve? That's not elitism, that's called justice. But it's also beside the point.

    If you think that someone can't be proud of being singled out for their achievements without being an elitist, I can't help but think that says more about how you view personal achievement than it does about the people you're criticising.

  • @EnviouSLAY said:

    "people earned them and spent time" the summer items took like 5 games to get..and it's not that serious its just a shirt. demanding to keep something exclusive is just promoting elitist attitudes. "i worked hard for it" is just an excuse to be a show off.

    With the same argument, why are people so insisted on getting it for free whilst others and EVERYONE had the chance to get it after getting 80 GENS (donkey jacket as for example), need i also remind you not everyone is a swf and/or freeloads 4 offerings each match. Need I also remind you how extremely buggy the game was during the event? Do I have to say more why this would be unfair to people who value their "excuses".

  • You are entitled to NOTHING, little whiner. Especially not to those event related cosmetics.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/885772#Comment_885772

    I can try to explain it, but I don't think there's anything I can say that hasn't already been said.

    Basically, the value that those cosmetics held for those who owned them wasn't what the cosmetics themselves looked like, it was what they represented. Like souvenirs, if you like. The fact that you owned that cosmetic meant "I was here, I went through the requirements to achieve this" - whether it was grinding an event, or going to a convention, or winning a giveaway.

    It wasn't a matter of lording it over other people or feeding a superiority complex, it was a sense of pride in being singled out for their achievements - similarly to the sense of pride someone might earn for receiving a distinguished trophy of some kind.

    Essentially, the value of those items lay in what they represented as trophies, not only to those who earned them but to the community at large. By giving them away to everyone, the value in that sense was reduced to nil. It was a loss, and that's why people were disappointed.

    I get what you mean with souvenirs. To me, souvenirs represent good memories of something meaningful from the past. The thing is, if copies of my souvenir will be available for everyone through other means, that won't remove or devaluate those memories for me. At least that's how I feel. Especially towards something that required no serious effort to achieve.

    Also I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of people with the exact elitist attitude I described. If you aren't like that - good, but that's the impression most comments here gave me.

  • Let me guess, the OP is a 16 year old who got taught in highschool/public school that no one should win trophies and everyone who competes in a competitive school match should get a "participation award". Welcome to real life. Deal with it.

  • @ZerLukas said:

    I participated in the event and I have 3 out of 4 cosmetics from that. I don't have Kate's dress because I didn't like it and didn't bother to get it. So that doesn't make much difference for me personally.

    But I still think that it is a stupid change not making it available for everyone simply because of some people's elitist attitude.

    And most of the reasons I hear sound like total bs, here is why:

    1. You didn't have to "bust your ass" to get the cosmetics. The events were easy. You simply needed to play the game during the event. Participation didn't require any additional acton - you needed to do gens or hook people. It was slightly harder on survivor's side because you always had 3 competitors in a lobby(at least that was for solos, SWFs could share) Also if I remember correctly, devs actually prolonged one of the events by a week, making it even easier than what it was supposed to be.
    2. "The grind" argument - please note that it was 2018, not 2016. The grind was already a lot easier and was rather close to what it is now.
    3. "Gen campers" argument - yeah, there were jerks like that, on both sides (I had Jakes sabotaging event hooks in my face while I carried someone) They were annoying but not numerous enough to actually prevent you from completing the event. Also as a survivor I had more competition from my teammates than the killer.

    So I find it rather stupid that someone is unhappy with those skins released for everyone considering they lose nothing. Except for a part of their elitist attitude I guess.

    The game was completely BUSTED!! During the howling grounds event... yeah the event themselves weren't that hard we all know this..... but that howling ground update was arguably the WORST thing to come out and that's really what makes me not want the noobies to have those cosmetics, they didnt play while the TR was busted, chase music started randomly, flashlight and pallet saves broken, scratchmarks busted, survivors muted to killer ears (this stayed for months).... those who played during that event are the real dedicated players and they should be the only ones who have that cosmetic..

  • Can you just give them to console players or put them at the end of the next rift or something

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/885733#Comment_885733

    The game was completely BUSTED!! During the howling grounds event... yeah the event themselves weren't that hard we all know this..... but that howling ground update was arguably the WORST thing to come out and that's really what makes me not want the noobies to have those cosmetics, they didnt play while the TR was busted, chase music started randomly, flashlight and pallet saves broken, scratchmarks busted, survivors muted to killer ears (this stayed for months).... those who played during that event are the real dedicated players and they should be the only ones who have that cosmetic..

    doesn't matter if it was like that what matters is that us people that didn't get to do the event should have a chance to do the event, get the event cosmetics for free, or get them in the store no offense but everyone deserves a chance to have cosmetics not just certain people I don't think people should be entitled and try to keep certain stuff to themselves especially when it's a video game people need to stop complaining about others wanting something that they weren't able to get that's just entitlement and that's not right and also not fair to those of us that didn't even get a chance when we started the game after the event

  • @DeathReaper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/886199#Comment_886199

    doesn't matter if it was like that what matters is that us people that didn't get to do the event should have a chance to do the event, get the event cosmetics for free, or get them in the store no offense but everyone deserves a chance to have cosmetics not just certain people I don't think people should be entitled and try to keep certain stuff to themselves especially when it's a video game people need to stop complaining about others wanting something that they weren't able to get that's just entitlement and that's not right and also not fair to those of us that didn't even get a chance when we started the game after the event

    It's been nearly 2 years since the event has been over.. no, it was how it was and bhvr needs to stick by that... you're not entitled to the cosmetics that I earned just like I'm not entitled to legacy..

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/885952#Comment_885952

    Giving people what they deserve? That's not elitism, that's called justice. But it's also beside the point.

    If you think that someone can't be proud of being singled out for their achievements without being an elitist, I can't help but think that says more about how you view personal achievement than it does about the people you're criticising.

    ... was the sarcasm not evident? Let me try again.

    "I DeSeRvE ThIs, yOu dOn'T" clear enough now?

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/886286#Comment_886286

    It's been nearly 2 years since the event has been over.. no, it was how it was and bhvr needs to stick by that... you're not entitled to the cosmetics that I earned just like I'm not entitled to legacy..

    I own the Kate Denson barbeque shirt and the Hillbilly Propane Hammer and I personally don't care if other people get them cause i'm not entitled and comparing event cosmetics to legacy cosmetics is unfair Legacy is for the original players who struggled through blood webs

  • @DeathReaper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/886359#Comment_886359

    I own the Kate Denson barbeque shirt and the Hillbilly Propane Hammer and I personally don't care if other people get them cause i'm not entitled and comparing event cosmetics to legacy cosmetics is unfair Legacy is for the original players who struggled through blood webs

    Howling grounds cosmetics are for original players who struggled through howling grounds.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/885962#Comment_885962

    ... was the sarcasm not evident? Let me try again.

    "I DeSeRvE ThIs, yOu dOn'T" clear enough now?

    It was clear the first time. My point stands.

  • @joker7997 said:

    Can you just give them to console players or put them at the end of the next rift or something

    The game was released on console before either of the events in question took place. Console players aren't missing out on anything that PC players aren't either.

1 2 ›