What is it like to play Dead By Daylight on Console you may ask?

Frame rate drops during gameplay, lag spikes, random booting, getting force DC'd, getting blue screened, getting hit miles away from the Killer, miles away from the window, frame rate drops while turning, vaulting causes instant lag, hit boxes (as in I get hit whilst being behind the Killer, nowhere near of their cone of hitbox) 75% of every skill check is lagged which makes Ruin super strong due to game optimization, maps never change and stay the same 2 to 3 games in a row, booted from lobbies I load into cause of "network error" (nothing I do fixes it), lobby simulator, the game freezes if the Killer leaves the after game lobby and pauses for more than 10 seconds, anything else?


Oh! You want me to state some good things about playing on console? I play on PS4, you would love to know how it's like, wouldn't you?

I think I can play the game sometimes?

Yeah, that's about it.


EDIT: It's not my internet, it's not just a me problem as multiple people have been having it, I've checked my router, everything, I live in the cities so my reception is pretty good.

Comments

  • @Perat said:

    I have a PS Pro and a Four tear old laptop. The game runs a lot better on my laptop than on my PS4. Before I had the PS Pro, I had a regular PS4 and the frame rates were horrible.

    Now, playing survivor isn't that bad. The menus are slow, the bloodweb is slow, the endgame lobby is horribly slow, but the gameplay isn't that bad.

    When I am playing as killer, however, the frame drops and the blurry vision make me miss hits I would never miss on the PC. Plus, everybody can do 360 and 720 with a controller, just jiggle it around and if the frames drop, as they usually do, the killer can't see #########! Plus, killers get cucked by autoaim a lot, especially when they lunge and the survivor turns back for a second and immediately runs forward again, so my game decides to do a normal attack instead of a swing, although I held the button and they clearly in range of a lunge.

    That is my favourite part. And phantom saws with Billy. As survivor, the biggest problem is the ping. I'm from Portugal and even when I play solo survivor I rarely see a green ping. And I constantly get paired up with killers from the other side of the ocean as a solo survivor in red ranks.

    This is 100% what I'm talking about. All of that about Killer.

    Something I experience often is vault lag or skillcheck lag, both gets you killed.

  • I mean I've had frame drops but they've stopped over the last year, my xbox doesn't sound like a jet engine when I turn on DBD, players seem to be actually better and less toxic, idk sounds more like an upgrade.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    Frame rate drops during gameplay, lag spikes, random booting, getting force DC'd, getting blue screened, getting hit miles away from the Killer, miles away from the window, frame rate drops while turning, vaulting causes instant lag, hit boxes (as in I get hit whilst being behind the Killer, nowhere near of their cone of hitbox) 75% of every skill check is lagged which makes Ruin super strong due to game optimization, maps never change and stay the same 2 to 3 games in a row, booted from lobbies I load into cause of "network error" (nothing I do fixes it), lobby simulator, the game freezes if the Killer leaves the after game lobby and pauses for more than 10 seconds, anything else?

    Oh! You want me to state some good things about playing on console? I play on PS4, you would love to know how it's like, wouldn't you?

    I think I can play the game sometimes?

    Yeah, that's about it.

    EDIT: It's not my internet, it's not just a me problem as multiple people have been having it, I've checked my router, everything, I live in the cities so my reception is pretty good.

    Dont forget when your lobby "errors" the message shows up like 5 times for no reason at all... like, i get it you errored out chill. XD

    Also the freezing when the killer leaves is one thing. But why the heck does my game sometimes freeze from me clicking on something. Like if i want to change survivor/killer go to loadout, bloodweb the store the archives.... anything....

  • @Nicholas said:

    It's terrible. I was on the ground getting healed by Nea but The Legion returned, so he ran towards the left side of my screen to get her and during this time another Survivor healed me up and somehow he went to swing for Nea and I got struck lol

    https://i.imgur.com/L2hYmSr.jpg

    I think he swung for nea and the auto aim which is way too strong imo pulled him to you because you were maybe closer.

    Ive actually had this happen from killer perspective. I was facing my left at someone unhooking camera full on to the left because i wanted to make sure i hit that person and got them. The hooked wasnt even on my screen i was facing so far left...

    I hit the hooked guy....


    how?! Just... how?

  • When I played on PS4 queues were 45 minutes.


    Consoles are just bad in general. It doesn't help that DbD tries to play at way too high settings. Guys it's using a 1.8ghz mobile AMD chip for the processor and it only has 2gb of vram on a GTX 750 equivalent (roughly). Tone it back to low everything with anti-aliasing and whatever blur effect you use but it's unreasonable to expect it to be able to render that many polygons and effects.

  • @Hoodied said:

    Don't forget the horrific aim assist for console

    Aim assist? More like aim for you its like the game is going "no you dont want to hit the survivor here let me pull you 90 degrees over here instead OH my bad thats a tree never mind" -_-

  • Tbh I thought the laggy skill checks and frame drops especially during chase as killer got fixed but I was wrong

  • @terumisan said:

    Tbh I thought the laggy skill checks and frame drops especially during chase as killer got fixed but I was wrong

    Its always right as something happens. Thats what i noticed. So if you do have a game where you down people before getting bloodlust for example and no gens pop cause they are all searching for ruin or something like that then yeah you probably could have a game with few issues.

    Anytime i gain bloodlust when im on top of a survivor and just got into hit range and hit the swing button i suddenly get 1 frame a second and cant tell whats going on. Havent played much since oni came out to see if much has been fixed but i doubt it

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/883270#Comment_883270

    I think he swung for nea and the auto aim which is way too strong imo pulled him to you because you were maybe closer.

    Ive actually had this happen from killer perspective. I was facing my left at someone unhooking camera full on to the left because i wanted to make sure i hit that person and got them. The hooked wasnt even on my screen i was facing so far left...

    I hit the hooked guy....

    how?! Just... how?

    I agree that's why but still think I am way too far and The Legion clearly hit air way behind me in an entirely different direction. It happens so much in this game, I really hope DS remedies these issues.

  • Is there a big difference concerning bugs, fps etc from base Xbox One, PS4 vs Xbox One X? Cause I have the One X and I think the game is just fine.

  • What's you're tv's input lag?

  • Are you on wifi, or hard lined? Are you behind a firewall? Where are you located? Honestly, performance on my ps4 is fine.

  • I have a PS4 Pro, and the game does not run smoothly. Frame drops and jankiness. It goes to crap when Bloodlust starts. Makes the console sound like a jet engine at times, especially on the "press button to continue" screen.

    Other online games run just fine, so it's not my internet (I use a cable to connect, no wifi) or my console, it's DbD's optimization or lack thereof.

  • @InNOut said:

    I have an easier time wiggleing out on console compared to pc

    You work at inNout my boy?

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    Are you on wifi, or hard lined? Are you behind a firewall? Where are you located? Honestly, performance on my ps4 is fine.

    Wifi, Minnesota, blah blah blah I checked the stuff and it's not that, I get almost every game some sort of lag, in forms of vaulting, skillchecks, sometimes playing Killer, etc.

1 2 3 ›