Holding game hostage

currently in a game on PS4 where the last survivor has managed to glitch into a wall where I cannot get them. The player has now gone afk, is this reportable and if so how? DbD or PS isn’t very clear on how to report players like this? 

I have video proof and am still in the match, normally I would just leave but out of principal I don’t want to be robbed. The survivor must only have 2000 points to lose by leaving as no gens were completed. I stand to lose about 50000.

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • If I’m the one who manages to get stuck somewhere as killer I’ll let the survivors do their thing and escape, and as survivor I’ll leave as I’M the one who is stuck. It’s just the decent thing to do.

    plus this guy only stands to lose 2-3k, I’ve worked hard, won the match and have 50k to lose. Why should the survivor be rewarded for a poor match which they would have had no chance of surviving? 
  • This content has been removed.
  • Get over it salty killer. You both could end this and it wasn’t his fault. BP don’t count in that case.
  • RemoveSWF said:

    @BigFudge said:
    If I’m the one who manages to get stuck somewhere as killer I’ll let the survivors do their thing and escape, and as survivor I’ll leave as I’M the one who is stuck. It’s just the decent thing to do.

    plus this guy only stands to lose 2-3k, I’ve worked hard, won the match and have 50k to lose. Why should the survivor be rewarded for a poor match which they would have had no chance of surviving? 

    Looks like dat zurvivor ain't respectin' yer Code of Honor™ there, son.

    But devs ban people based on the rules of Dead by Daylight, not rules made up by salty players on the forum.


    What rules have I made up? Im not asking for them to be banned, but they are the one who refuses to leave purposefully to rob another player of any points in a match. 

    If I was stuck there would be a way for both parties to get points and for the match to end. This way there is not. I’ve tried talking to this player via message but they are happy to ‘wait for me to quit’.
  • Badmanone said:
    Get over it salty killer. You both could end this and it wasn’t his fault. BP don’t count in that case.
    I’m not salty at all, i understand these things happen, I’ve been on both sides of glitches in the past and if I’m the one stuck I’ll leave, not because I have to but because I don’t want to ruin someone else’s match.
  • This content has been removed.
  • BigFudge said:
    RemoveSWF said:

    @BigFudge said:
    If I’m the one who manages to get stuck somewhere as killer I’ll let the survivors do their thing and escape, and as survivor I’ll leave as I’M the one who is stuck. It’s just the decent thing to do.

    plus this guy only stands to lose 2-3k, I’ve worked hard, won the match and have 50k to lose. Why should the survivor be rewarded for a poor match which they would have had no chance of surviving? 

    Looks like dat zurvivor ain't respectin' yer Code of Honor™ there, son.

    But devs ban people based on the rules of Dead by Daylight, not rules made up by salty players on the forum.


    What rules have I made up? Im not asking for them to be banned, but they are the one who refuses to leave purposefully to rob another player of any points in a match. 

    If I was stuck there would be a way for both parties to get points and for the match to end. This way there is not. I’ve tried talking to this player via message but they are happy to ‘wait for me to quit’.
    Why do you think is his victory less worth? For example I don’t need any blood points more, I could mb need xp for shards and ranking. I wouldn’t give this away just because you think your points are more worth than anything else. Deal with it whiny killer.
  • RemoveSWF said:

    @BigFudge said:
    Im not asking for them to be banned

    ...what do you think the report form does?

    @BigFudge said:
    they are the one who refuses to leave purposefully to rob another player of any points in a match. 

    This also perfectly describes what you're doing.

    Well people’s opinions differ, maybe reporting may be a bit excessive in hindsight but I don’t ever think it’s fair to ruin someone’s match on purpose. Like i said I tried to reason with this player first, I even tried to make light of the situation but no luck.

    That doesn’t describe what I’m doing at all, as I stated, no gens are done. This player stands to lose maybe 2k points, if the glitch had not happened they would have died as they were in a chase with no hatch available. I understand in some cases it’s 50/50 but I feel in this case it’s the survivor who should have the grace to concede. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
  • @Badmanone said:
    BigFudge said:


    RemoveSWF said:

    @BigFudge said:

    If I’m the one who manages to get stuck somewhere as killer I’ll let the survivors do their thing and escape, and as survivor I’ll leave as I’M the one who is stuck. It’s just the decent thing to do.

    plus this guy only stands to lose 2-3k, I’ve worked hard, won the match and have 50k to lose. Why should the survivor be rewarded for a poor match which they would have had no chance of surviving? 

    Looks like dat zurvivor ain't respectin' yer Code of Honor™ there, son.

    But devs ban people based on the rules of Dead by Daylight, not rules made up by salty players on the forum.

    What rules have I made up? Im not asking for them to be banned, but they are the one who refuses to leave purposefully to rob another player of any points in a match. 

    If I was stuck there would be a way for both parties to get points and for the match to end. This way there is not. I’ve tried talking to this player via message but they are happy to ‘wait for me to quit’.

    Why do you think is his victory less worth? For example I don’t need any blood points more, I could mb need xp for shards and ranking. I wouldn’t give this away just because you think your points are more worth than anything else. Deal with it whiny killer.

    There is no victory for the survivor, as Op stated, NO GENS WERE COMPLETED, so hatch was not and option for the survivor, the survivor somehow glitched on some wall, in a way that the killer cant reach him.

    So the survivor is trying to hold the game hostage and wait for the killer to DC, so it counts as if the survivor succeded in escaping(survivor is using a bug/glitch to try to win a game that he will lose 99% of the time, lets be real, its very unlikely for the solo survivor to finish 2 gens while the killer is looking for him/her).

  • Badmanone said:
    BigFudge said:
    RemoveSWF said:

    @BigFudge said:
    If I’m the one who manages to get stuck somewhere as killer I’ll let the survivors do their thing and escape, and as survivor I’ll leave as I’M the one who is stuck. It’s just the decent thing to do.

    plus this guy only stands to lose 2-3k, I’ve worked hard, won the match and have 50k to lose. Why should the survivor be rewarded for a poor match which they would have had no chance of surviving? 

    Looks like dat zurvivor ain't respectin' yer Code of Honor™ there, son.

    But devs ban people based on the rules of Dead by Daylight, not rules made up by salty players on the forum.


    What rules have I made up? Im not asking for them to be banned, but they are the one who refuses to leave purposefully to rob another player of any points in a match. 

    If I was stuck there would be a way for both parties to get points and for the match to end. This way there is not. I’ve tried talking to this player via message but they are happy to ‘wait for me to quit’.
    Why do you think is his victory less worth? For example I don’t need any blood points more, I could mb need xp for shards and ranking. I wouldn’t give this away just because you think your points are more worth than anything else. Deal with it whiny killer.
    As I’ve said, no gens were done and we were in a chase. In some situations I agree it’s 50/50, but others I feel people need to be gracious in defeat, I have been a fair few times in the past if something like this happens.

    why are u harping in about Whiny killer etc.? I’ve tried to have an adult conversation and haven’t been salty towards anyone? If you don’t agree fair enough, there’s no need for childish comments.
  • @Badmanone said:
    BigFudge said:


    RemoveSWF said:

    @BigFudge said:

    If I’m the one who manages to get stuck somewhere as killer I’ll let the survivors do their thing and escape, and as survivor I’ll leave as I’M the one who is stuck. It’s just the decent thing to do.

    plus this guy only stands to lose 2-3k, I’ve worked hard, won the match and have 50k to lose. Why should the survivor be rewarded for a poor match which they would have had no chance of surviving? 

    Looks like dat zurvivor ain't respectin' yer Code of Honor™ there, son.

    But devs ban people based on the rules of Dead by Daylight, not rules made up by salty players on the forum.

    What rules have I made up? Im not asking for them to be banned, but they are the one who refuses to leave purposefully to rob another player of any points in a match. 

    If I was stuck there would be a way for both parties to get points and for the match to end. This way there is not. I’ve tried talking to this player via message but they are happy to ‘wait for me to quit’.

    Why do you think is his victory less worth? For example I don’t need any blood points more, I could mb need xp for shards and ranking. I wouldn’t give this away just because you think your points are more worth than anything else. Deal with it whiny killer.

    There is no victory for the survivor, as Op stated, NO GENS WERE COMPLETED, so hatch was not and option for the survivor, the survivor somehow glitched on some wall, in a way that the killer cant reach him.

    So the survivor is trying to hold the game hostage and wait for the killer to DC, so it counts as if the survivor succeded in escaping(survivor is using a bug/glitch to try to win a game that he will lose 99% of the time, lets be real, its very unlikely for the solo survivor to finish 2 gens while the killer is looking for him/her).

    Exactly my point. I don’t feel entitled to anything like people try to make out. 

    If if you are seconds from winning a match and a glitch is taken advantage of by the survivor to try and win I feel that’s not fair.
  • Life sometimes isn't fair... Bail out.. Move on... Your losing out on points and other fun things by staying in there.

  • TheBean said:

    Life sometimes isn't fair... Bail out.. Move on... Your losing out on points and other fun things by staying in there.

    Usually this is my view on these situations tbf. Just something about this particular match and the way the survivor went about things made me want to stick it out lol
  • Adult conversation with salty tears in your eyes? This wont work. You’re asking other guys in a forum about their opinion/help while you don’t accept anything else than your own opinion. What do you think should happen here?
  • Badmanone said:
    Adult conversation with salty tears in your eyes? This wont work. You’re asking other guys in a forum about their opinion/help while you don’t accept anything else than your own opinion. What do you think should happen here?
    Wasn’t asking for your opinion or help. Tbh I don’t think you’ve contributed anything of substance at all other than trying to provoke an argument.

    My question was, based on the situation, is this behaviour reportable or not, that’s it. Turns out the other guy left in the end so not sure where u think these salty tears are?

    Having seen some of your other comments in previous threads I have no desire to hear or respond to any more of your rude and deluded rantings. Go try insult someone else, laters 👍🏻
  • @BigFudge said:
    currently in a game on PS4 where the last survivor has managed to glitch into a wall where I cannot get them. The player has now gone afk, is this reportable and if so how? DbD or PS isn’t very clear on how to report players like this? 

    I have video proof and am still in the match, normally I would just leave but out of principal I don’t want to be robbed. The survivor must only have 2000 points to lose by leaving as no gens were completed. I stand to lose about 50000.

    Of course it is reportable, but whether devs do sth about it is a different story
    In the end its your decision if you wanna waste that much time^^

  • BigFudge said:
    Badmanone said:
    Adult conversation with salty tears in your eyes? This wont work. You’re asking other guys in a forum about their opinion/help while you don’t accept anything else than your own opinion. What do you think should happen here?
    Wasn’t asking for your opinion or help. Tbh I don’t think you’ve contributed anything of substance at all other than trying to provoke an argument.

    My question was, based on the situation, is this behaviour reportable or not, that’s it. Turns out the other guy left in the end so not sure where u think these salty tears are?

    Having seen some of your other comments in previous threads I have no desire to hear or respond to any more of your rude and deluded rantings. Go try insult someone else, laters 👍🏻
    Your first post was not just the question if this is reportable, it was also a try to get ppl on your side and show everyone your rights. Also your question is more based on a rhetorical question (they are nearly dead, i lose 50k, he only have 2k). the well known forum member removeswf told you within the few posts that’s not reportable. Instead of just sticking to this and close the thread you gonna continue with crying. You say how unfair this is and how you deserve this win and so on. Now you even try to discredit me just because I told you the same like removeswf. If this is not a salty childish behavior I don’t know. I provide arguements. This is not a reportable offense - that’s a fact. Apart from this you DIDNT DELIVERED any arguments. Continue with your whining attitude and ignore this. This forum doesn’t need such #########.
  • Master said:

    @BigFudge said:
    currently in a game on PS4 where the last survivor has managed to glitch into a wall where I cannot get them. The player has now gone afk, is this reportable and if so how? DbD or PS isn’t very clear on how to report players like this? 

    I have video proof and am still in the match, normally I would just leave but out of principal I don’t want to be robbed. The survivor must only have 2000 points to lose by leaving as no gens were completed. I stand to lose about 50000.

    Of course it is reportable, but whether devs do sth about it is a different story
    In the end its your decision if you wanna waste that much time^^

    Tbh I thought better of reporting it as it’s not the persons decision to get stuck, my issue was more with their decision to go afk. It was definitely a waste of time, stubbornness gets the better of us all sometimes 😂
  • @RemoveSWF said:
    Why are you entitled to a win in this situation?

    Sounds like the glitch has screwed you both and now you're both being stubborn.

    Fact is that the survivor actually lost the game and just holds him hostage. Its a bannable offense

  • @BigFudge said:
    Master said:

    @BigFudge said:

    currently in a game on PS4 where the last survivor has managed to glitch into a wall where I cannot get them. The player has now gone afk, is this reportable and if so how? DbD or PS isn’t very clear on how to report players like this? 

    I have video proof and am still in the match, normally I would just leave but out of principal I don’t want to be robbed. The survivor must only have 2000 points to lose by leaving as no gens were completed. I stand to lose about 50000.

    Of course it is reportable, but whether devs do sth about it is a different story

    In the end its your decision if you wanna waste that much time^^

    Tbh I thought better of reporting it as it’s not the persons decision to get stuck, my issue was more with their decision to go afk. It was definitely a waste of time, stubbornness gets the better of us all sometimes 😂

    you for sure should have reported this person
    i guarantee they got stuck in the wall trying to do some exploit or else they would have just left as soon as they couldn't move

    only survivors can hold a game hostage

  • I can see your frustration, and I would be too. But I’ve also been in a chase and escaped while by myself in a level and managed to get two generators and escape through a hatch.

    Yeah it’s diffiuclt, but you can’t claim they would have died unless you literally have a video of them being in attack range ina corner and then they get sucked into that wall.

    I’ve seen people pull some crazy stuff, and them getting two generators and then escaping through a hatch provides like 15k BP. So they potentially have lost out on a bunch of points because of that glitch.

    So you didn’t exactly earn the win.

    That being said, they are being selfish, because the didn’t find a glitch, the least they could do is let you have your points since they don’t stand to gain much currently. But reporting them isn’t fair. You should submit the glitch, or critique the game being faulty. And remember their user name and if they seem to be a player who regularly does unsportsmanlike stuff, then do your Report.

    I know I nearly always thumbs up, leave vote purposefully blank because of server/glitches or flag people based on how they play.

    I’m sorry you lost out on those points though, that does suck.

    I hope you don’t run across it again as either a Survivor or a Killer.

  • I can see your frustration, and I would be too. But I’ve also been in a chase and escaped while by myself in a level and managed to get two generators and escape through a hatch.

    Yeah it’s diffiuclt, but you can’t claim they would have died unless you literally have a video of them being in attack range ina corner and then they get sucked into that wall.

    I’ve seen people pull some crazy stuff, and them getting two generators and then escaping through a hatch provides like 15k BP. So they potentially have lost out on a bunch of points because of that glitch.

    So you didn’t exactly earn the win.

    That being said, they are being selfish, because the didn’t find a glitch, the least they could do is let you have your points since they don’t stand to gain much currently. But reporting them isn’t fair. You should submit the glitch, or critique the game being faulty. And remember their user name and if they seem to be a player who regularly does unsportsmanlike stuff, then do your Report.

    I know I nearly always thumbs up, leave vote purposefully blank because of server/glitches or flag people based on how they play.

    I’m sorry you lost out on those points though, that does suck.

    I hope you don’t run across it again as either a Survivor or a Killer.

    I totally agree that I’m not just entitled to the win automatically, had it been a decent and even match I’d have been inclined to leave myself as a gesture of good will. The problem is I was maybe 2-3 seconds from downing the survivor with no gens done when they got stuck in a perimeter wall. There was no way they would have escaped the trial (easy for me to say I know lol).

    My frustration comes mainly from poor sportsmanship and trying to cheese undeserved points at the expense of someone who had to earned theirs. They undoubtedly went afk on purpose for an hour and a half. 
  • RemoveSWF said:

    Why are you entitled to a win in this situation?

    Sounds like the glitch has screwed you both and now you're both being stubborn.


    i suppose you have video of yourself enduring this?
  • Badmanone said:
    BigFudge said:
    RemoveSWF said:

    @BigFudge said:
    If I’m the one who manages to get stuck somewhere as killer I’ll let the survivors do their thing and escape, and as survivor I’ll leave as I’M the one who is stuck. It’s just the decent thing to do.

    plus this guy only stands to lose 2-3k, I’ve worked hard, won the match and have 50k to lose. Why should the survivor be rewarded for a poor match which they would have had no chance of surviving? 

    Looks like dat zurvivor ain't respectin' yer Code of Honor™ there, son.

    But devs ban people based on the rules of Dead by Daylight, not rules made up by salty players on the forum.


    What rules have I made up? Im not asking for them to be banned, but they are the one who refuses to leave purposefully to rob another player of any points in a match. 

    If I was stuck there would be a way for both parties to get points and for the match to end. This way there is not. I’ve tried talking to this player via message but they are happy to ‘wait for me to quit’.
    Why do you think is his victory less worth? For example I don’t need any blood points more, I could mb need xp for shards and ranking. I wouldn’t give this away just because you think your points are more worth than anything else. Deal with it whiny killer.
    As I’ve said, no gens were done and we were in a chase. In some situations I agree it’s 50/50, but others I feel people need to be gracious in defeat, I have been a fair few times in the past if something like this happens.

    why are u harping in about Whiny killer etc.? I’ve tried to have an adult conversation and haven’t been salty towards anyone? If you don’t agree fair enough, no need for the childish remarks.
  • Not sure why that answer posted again today? Sorry!
  • @BigFudge said:
    xmenfanatic said:

    I can see your frustration, and I would be too. But I’ve also been in a chase and escaped while by myself in a level and managed to get two generators and escape through a hatch.

    Yeah it’s diffiuclt, but you can’t claim they would have died unless you literally have a video of them being in attack range ina corner and then they get sucked into that wall.

    I’ve seen people pull some crazy stuff, and them getting two generators and then escaping through a hatch provides like 15k BP. So they potentially have lost out on a bunch of points because of that glitch.

    So you didn’t exactly earn the win.

    That being said, they are being selfish, because the didn’t find a glitch, the least they could do is let you have your points since they don’t stand to gain much currently. But reporting them isn’t fair. You should submit the glitch, or critique the game being faulty. And remember their user name and if they seem to be a player who regularly does unsportsmanlike stuff, then do your Report.

    I know I nearly always thumbs up, leave vote purposefully blank because of server/glitches or flag people based on how they play.

    I’m sorry you lost out on those points though, that does suck.

    I hope you don’t run across it again as either a Survivor or a Killer.

    I totally agree that I’m not just entitled to the win automatically, had it been a decent and even match I’d have been inclined to leave myself as a gesture of good will. The problem is I was maybe 2-3 seconds from downing the survivor with no gens done when they got stuck in a perimeter wall. There was no way they would have escaped the trial (easy for me to say I know lol).

    My frustration comes mainly from poor sportsmanship and trying to cheese undeserved points at the expense of someone who had to earned theirs. They undoubtedly went afk on purpose for an hour and a half. 

    Just think how many more matches you could have played in an hour and a half.

    It's best to just move on in this or a hatch stand off, complete waste of time.

  • I know! That’s the logical way of looking at it,  but this game, it does crazy things to you man! 😂
  • I enjoy it’s not perfect like other games. This remind me of gold old classic times and create some really funny situations. Once I saw a guy flying over the ground but he could do every thing normal. Lol
  • I enjoy it’s not perfect like other games. This remind me of gold old classic times and create some really funny situations. Once I saw a guy flying over the ground but he could do every thing normal. Lol
    Lol it’s hilarious when stuff like that happens! Definitely agree, it’s an awesome game!