3 Maps you love/hate as Killer/Survivor the most and why
Again my curiosity wins over and I would like to know which 3 Maps you love or hate as Killer/Survivor. There are always some interesting opinions regarding this.
So let's go!
Survivor:
My favourite maps are Badham Preschool, Lèry's and Hawkins. I like Badham much, because it's quite balanced and makes a lot of fun. I also like how the map looks. For Lèry's I like, that it has so many windows you can play with (no Houdini build used). I like Hawkins because it is a loud map, so I need to watch out. I also like all the details and the creativity the catwalks create in a chase (I'm no BL user).
I absolutely hate Shelter Woods, Yamaoka's Estate and Bloodlodge. On Shelter Woods and Yamaoka's it seems I never find loops. I hate Blood Lodge, because it is so open. My worst nightmare against Huntress or Nurse.
Killer:
Badham Preschool, The Game and Father Campbell's Chapel are my favourite maps. On Badham I had never the feeling that I could not get a survivor at a loop and I like that. And never forget the good totem spots! The Game... well... it's The Game. Best Killer map. And for the last: I just like how the chapel looks and that it is one of the smaller maps with good Gen distribution.
The maps I just do not like are Haddonfield, Wretched Shop and Rotten Fields. Haddonfield ist just BL paradise and is mostly bad for the killers I play (Myers and pallet Freddy). This might change with the BL nerf and/or a rework. Wretched Shop is just the definition of a God loop and I hate it. Rotten Fields is just a Dead by Corn Blendette Paradise. And it has no spots where you can place pallets as Freddy before you destroy some. The only good thing is the central basement if you play basement Trapper or similar.
Comments
Those statistics were my 3 hated maps as survivor lerys Hawkins and ######### the game. For killer it depends i hate the game and Hawkins for lf.
u mean wretched shop?Wrecker's yard doesn't have a landmark it has shack only
As survivor, I like Disturbed Ward, Father Cambell's Chapel, and Badham Preschool. I like the Crotus Prenn maps because they have a nice bunch of safe tiles and the center buildings are safe, but it's not disgustingly survivor sided like Haddonfield. Plus, for Disturbed Ward the center is only safe so long as most of the pallets are there. And Badham is just very nice and balanced after the rework.
My least favorite maps as survivor are The Game, Hawkins National Laboratory, and Shelter Woods. For The Game, it's difficult to hide and the verticality makes the terror radius unreliable. For Hawkins, it's hard to find gens and the ambient noise is distracting, plus there are no safe pallets. For Shelter Woods, everything has big dead zones between everything else.
As killer, my favorites are Hawkins, Badham, and Disturbed Ward. I like Badham and the Ward for being balanced, and not too many pallets, but by no means too few. I like Hawkins because the pallets are easy to mind game, survivors get lost easily, and the ambient noise can mask my footsteps as a stealth killer.
As killer, my least favorite maps are Haddonfield, Rotten Fields, and Hawkins. Yes, Hawkins is a favorite and a least favorite as killer. I hate Haddonfield because even after the BL nerf the vaults are still gonna be a pain. For Rotten Fields, the gens are so spread out it's hard to defend, and I. Hate. Corn. As for Hawkins, it's got so many pallets, it's easy for me to get lost or accidentally take a detour, and the ambient noise makes it hard to hear survivors.
Favorites are Rotten Fields, The Thompson House & Rancid Abbatoir.
If you don't suffer from corn vision, not only will the fields pretty much be open to you when it matters, the Survivors will always assume you do suffer from it and run into it, allowing for an easy hit.
Well, easy if 360s mean nothing to you.
Rancid Abbatoir at #3 cause it's small, and i don't really get the complaints about the main building, it's fine to me.
Thompson House at #2, purely because of the dead-end on the second floor, it's almost like a Basement.
Rotten Fields at #1, because corn. Also, it hides my Wraith WAY too well.
As survivor, I like Wretched Shop, Fractured Cowshed, and Rancid Abbatoir. Lots of braindead safe loops I can always have within reach, and when those go, I have Jungle Gyms or a god loop to fall back on. I hate Shelter Woods because of spaced out pallets teammates waste too much, Red Forest because I can never find a pallet and people go immersed mode on it, and Thompson house, because it feels like I'm cursed to lose there because my teammates go down fast despite all of its easy loops.
As killer I like getting....none of the maps to be honest. I'm ok with Azarov's Resting Place and The Game because I play trapping killers and I can use map strategy to my advantage. Maybe I'm ok with Groaning Storehouse if the godwindow is closed and I've cleared the supersafe loops behind it? I really hate having to play on Temple of Purgation, Fractured Cowshed, and Wretched Shop as killer because they're big and the loops are stupid unmitigatable time wastes that I can't do anything about unless I play Hag really well. Too many safe areas.
I love to see badham, because i think it's a fairly balanced map.
Yeah, sorry. I corrected it
okay,got confused for a second :F
Thompson House and Coal Tower is my favourite map for both sides.
The Game. Best Killer map
How is a map full of safe pallets, which has a super strong zone with 4 of the safest pallets in the entire game, with super distant exits, a strong room (aka the freezer), the best killer map? Just because is small and survivor don't know if you're near or above them? K then.
Imagine liking maps in DBD. Your 3 most hated are very accurate to my own feelings though.
Some Autohaven maps are okay, some Macmillan ones are okay, and Father Campbell's Chapel is okay. That's about it.
3 least favorite maps would have to be the Game, since I'm always paranoid as hell on that map because of the two floors, Shelter Woods, since it's so flat compared to the other maps that it's kind of boring :/, and either Rotten Fields, because of how freaking long it can be to get across the map, or Thompson House, just because of how hard it is to get down from the second floor. Runner ups: Haddonfield, Lery's and the Grim Pantry.
3 favorite maps are definitely Father Campbell's chapel, for the Gothic building and Maurice ofc, Temple of Purgation because it's gorgeous and looks imposing, and the Pale Rose, because big ship!! and also the little walkways the generator in the corner can spawn on. Runner ups: Mount Ormond, Disturbed Ward and Ironworks of Misery!