easy way to defeat a 4man swf:

Camp 'em, tunnel 'em, mori 'em..

it's not against the rules. so do it. pretty simple. i personaly play wraith to cancel borrowed time :)

Comments

  • eh I just try my best and if I don't kill anyone then so be it

  • I feel like this is bait but he's not entirely wrong considering most SWF squads are extremely altruistic, like mine is. My team almost always gets all the gens done but then falls apart near end game because we start going for saves and trying to get everyone else.

    A smart squad will cut their losses and let 1-2 die. But most squads really want their 4 escape, so use that against them.

  • What I am reading...

    Even if I play solo as survivors, some killers camp me, tunnel me, focus me. (Red ranks)

    I played 1600 hours survivors ans killers, maybe 900 hours solo.

    That's why I play with a friend now, because it's boring, I just want to play, is it complicated ? We try to protect each other for a longer game and avoid the 2/3 min games.

  • how do you know it's even a survive with friends to begin with

  • Two SWF groups (2+2), Legion, 5 gens left, ruin is gone at first minute, camp three survs in basement (btw i didn't facecamp two of them, after third surv is come i started), they insulting me after game because of camping on THREE people in basement. 🤣

  • Other day had a daily to play as the doctor, (who I have almost no perks on, being my first to level 40 and haven't touched him since) and got a 4 man red rank swf with sabo that picked haddonfield. Eventually caught the main d***head that was saboing as I downed people, so I baited him into taking a hit right before saboing the hook, dropped the surv, went for him and did just as other people suggested.


    Naturally, I got a 4k and there was lots of salt, but I'd have been happy just making sure the one person died.


    A lot of grab animations got cancelled by dedicated servers but oh boy the treatment mode thing made that not one bit annoying tbh! Eventually the previously downed guy came to save (still injured for whatever reason) with a healthy person and they weren't too clever - the healthy person let me grab them and I instantly swung to down the other guy xD


    Honestly I don't play like that normally, but when they're being in my face toxic while denying my right to play the game on even remotely equal footing, they deserve what's coming to them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870768#Comment_870768

    I just love how ridiculously easy grabs are with doc.

    Treatment Mode + Spamming M1 = very frustrated survivors for my amusement.

    I thank Otzdarva for showing me this trick a few months back tbh!

  • Yeah, the biggest weakness of a SWF group is that they tend to be very reluctant to leave each other behind. Prey upon this weakness. Make them pay for every unhook.

  • Or just play the game?

  • That's why I wish there was something in the lobby, telling the killer how many swf people are in there....

    I have stopped counting how many times I got tunneled to death and mori'd, because a killer thought he's going against a full strong swf team, while I only played solo or with one friend.

    It's frustrating and some killers even apologised in the chat after realizing they assumed wrong.

    An indicator in the lobby would not only help the killer prepare, but also help the survivors not to go against the strongest builds and "sweatiest" killers when playing solo.

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    That's why I wish there was something in the lobby, telling the killer how many swf people are in there....

    I have stopped counting how many times I got tunneled to death and mori'd, because a killer thought he's going against a full strong swf team, while I only played solo or with one friend.

    It's frustrating and some killers even apologised in the chat after realizing they assumed wrong.

    An indicator in the lobby would not only help the killer prepare, but also help the survivors not to go against the strongest builds and "sweatiest" killers when playing solo.

    That would only amplify already existing issues that need to be ironed out (sort of the good old band-aid fixes we've been seeing and will see in the future).

    • Addons should not be that powerful, for neither role. If they were not that powerfull, you'd not need to be afraid a killer might think you're any SWF when you're not (because, according to you, the will bring the "good stuff" if they think you're SWF). Also, you should not have to rely on peoples "goodwill" (to not bring the "good stuff") in order to have a fair chance at winning a game.
    • Mori's heavily skew the favor of the trial towards the killer, often times making hatch the only option for at least 1 survivor to escape. You basically take one player away that could work on gens, or unhook somebody else. If the mori occurs early, and assuming that the average game takes like 12 minutes, you might rob the team of 8-10 minutes a player could help the team with doing gens and other tasks (imagine the imbalance and people actually comparing it with the effect of DS).

    The ranking/emblem system is what should be looked at. I've got the feeling that as a survivor you can still rank up too easily and too fast. That shouldn't be the case. Making sure that people play at their appropriate ranks means that there's more consistency in what kind of SWF-strength and also Solo-strength you can expect as a killer, and you can adjust accordingly.


    To cut a long story short: I'm against an SWF indicator. Fix the ranking/emblem system for survivors (not to be confused with matchmaking) and it'll be all good. Also, fix ridiculous strong addons.

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    That's why I wish there was something in the lobby, telling the killer how many swf people are in there....

    I have stopped counting how many times I got tunneled to death and mori'd, because a killer thought he's going against a full strong swf team, while I only played solo or with one friend.

    It's frustrating and some killers even apologised in the chat after realizing they assumed wrong.

    An indicator in the lobby would not only help the killer prepare, but also help the survivors not to go against the strongest builds and "sweatiest" killers when playing solo.

    Nah. We would just get more lobby dodging. No thank you.

  • A ivory is all you need. Or you can play normally.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    how do you know it's even a survive with friends to begin with

    well for starters they could all be using the same cosmetics.