Are Auric Cells/Battlepass going to be on sale for Black Friday?

I'm just wondering I kinda gimped myself by buying dlc before the sale and wondered if the Battle Pass or Auric Cells will be on discount.

Comments

  • Most likely no -- only characters/select outfits

  • I know that on xbox cells are actually like 40 or 50 cents less because of game pass

  • @SilentSpectre said:

    Most likely no -- only characters/select outfits

    Why wouldn't they do this though, it seems a great way to get people buying this stuff if it can even get a 20% discount. I'm still gonna be throwing money BVHR's way it just depends how much at this point. Cause I figure I can get the battlepass when I get my level up, use the aurics to get the new chapter, but there's some other games that are on a good sale that I'm interested in.

  • @akbays35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/869992#Comment_869992

    Why wouldn't they do this though, it seems a great way to get people buying this stuff if it can even get a 20% discount. I'm still gonna be throwing money BVHR's way it just depends how much at this point. Cause I figure I can get the battlepass when I get my level up, use the aurics to get the new chapter, but there's some other games that are on a good sale that I'm interested in.

    You literally just said it yourself -- You're still giving them money even with no discount on cells, so why would they bother?

  • @SilentSpectre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870016#Comment_870016

    You literally just said it yourself -- You're still giving them money even with no discount on cells, so why would they bother?

    it comes down to this, if there's a discount I feel like I could spend more and get more value out of it. If I get 30$ of stuff spending 20$ I'm more likely to spend more than if I'm getting 15$ out of spending 10$. It also creates an issue of supply and demand, if there's never a demand for my particular gaming money at any particular time other gaming companies will get my money before BHVR does around certain circumstances.

  • @akbays35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870023#Comment_870023

    it comes down to this, if there's a discount I feel like I could spend more and get more value out of it. If I get 30$ of stuff spending 20$ I'm more likely to spend more than if I'm getting 15$ out of spending 10$. It also creates an issue of supply and demand, if there's never a demand for my particular gaming money at any particular time other gaming companies will get my money before BHVR does around certain circumstances.

    I mean, your individual money is pretty much useless in the grand scheme of things... BHVR isn't exactly on hard times 🤨


  • @SilentSpectre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870096#Comment_870096

    I mean, your individual money is pretty much useless in the grand scheme of things... BHVR isn't exactly on hard times 🤨

    I guess that's true, but I would actually like to buy stuff from here if there was more than the seasonal dlc sales they do. Since they've updated their own shop and currency I thought they would follow through with discounts in line with Steam sales. I feel like BHVR is going through a weird monetization transition between paid game + dlc and cosmetics to more of a fortnite/LOL style (possibly making the game ftp with purchases of characters and cosmetics). The problem I have is capitalizing on black friday with stuff while other devs and companies are making money from sales.

    TLDR: Essentially I wanted the battle pass for 8$ while I bought dlc I didn't already own. I'm gonna buy it eventually right before the Rift ends but that's money BVHR could've gotten now that I paid to another indie dev for Steam.

  • They selectively lower the cost of the items you purchase with Auric Cells. This is better so that newer items can remain at a high price and they can put older items on sale.

  • @akbays35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870023#Comment_870023

    it comes down to this, if there's a discount I feel like I could spend more and get more value out of it. If I get 30$ of stuff spending 20$ I'm more likely to spend more than if I'm getting 15$ out of spending 10$. It also creates an issue of supply and demand, if there's never a demand for my particular gaming money at any particular time other gaming companies will get my money before BHVR does around certain circumstances.

    $30 for $20 is literally the same as $15 for $10...do you even math bro?

  • @thenegativone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870096#Comment_870096

    $30 for $20 is literally the same as $15 for $10...do you even math bro?

    I do math, but that's the point. The efficiency is the same but the dollar amount is more. I would've literally spent 20$ worth of 30$ cosmetics if they offered it for a specific Black Friday deal. Instead I just bought 5$ of dlc and spent the remainder of my money on other steam games since I already own the bulk of the dlc and I'm not a big fan of the cosmetics through the steam store.