Last year coming to steam

https://youtu.be/tIO1uOgXXSA

Will Last year make a come back or will it go back to irrelevance?

That Spider killer looks awesome though.

Comments

  • Will it be the same level of bully simulator that the original Last Year was?

    Also, did they step away from the 3 different original killers or something?

  • Can't say I would like playing Last Year, not being able to choose playing as the Killer was what put me off the game last time.

  • @se05239 said:

    Will it be the same level of bully simulator that the original Last Year was?

    Also, did they step away from the 3 different original killers or something?

    I don't know.

  • this spider looks nasty

  • Nobody cares about a dead game.

  • I guess we'll find out more information after the AMA, if there are open comms then that's a no from me, what I like about DBD is that I can immerse myself in the game without having to listen to anyone else and talk to other people.

  • I forgot to mention that, those who bought it on discord, will get free keys for the game on steam.

  • @se05239 said:

    Will it be the same level of bully simulator that the original Last Year was?

    Also, did they step away from the 3 different original killers or something?

    No, I'm pretty sure the three original slasher type killers are still there, they just wanted to go in a completely different direction it seems with the first DLC.

  • @DeKillerKiller said:

    Can't say I would like playing Last Year, not being able to choose playing as the Killer was what put me off the game last time.

    Well, I think according to the store description, you can now play any killer for the entire duration if you'd like or switch off to another killer at any point.

  • I said this on Paulie's video and I'll say it hear as well. I'm willing to give them a second chance if they learned a harsh lesson with the original release and are willing to apply themselves with this release. I still remember being insanely excited for this game back in 2014 with the initial kickstarter and I'd hate to see such a cool concept like this wasted.

  • i've never played this game, but when this game came out last year (no pun intended) it was hyped a bit but died quickly (because of no progression?).

    I have watched the new trailer today and i was surprised it looked so good and the spider is actually pretty scary.

    Maybe a steam release will do them good and give some better exposure this time? together with a better balance game? (i don't know if they changed anything from the base game).

    This could do better than expected?

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    I said this on Paulie's video and I'll say it hear as well. I'm willing to give them a second chance if they learned a harsh lesson with the original release and are willing to apply themselves with this release. I still remember being insanely excited for this game back in 2014 with the initial kickstarter and I'd hate to see such a cool concept like this wasted.

    What do you think? do you expect a major competitor for dbd now they release it on steam esp. with this exciting (?) new chapter?

  • So what, they realised releasing a game solely through DISCORD was a bad idea finally?

    Either way, problematic to let people see the massive issues in your game before trying to do a proper launch, it's gonna have a seriously hard time picking up ground if it isn't different.

  • @Jimsalabim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/869351#Comment_869351

    What do you think? do you expect a major competitor for dbd now they release it on steam esp. with this exciting (?) new chapter?

    I expect it to be a nice change of pace at the start and if they continue to update it, it could become a competitor. Ultimately though, I think they'll both keep on doing their own unique thing and have happy mediums, if it's a success that is.