I feel crappy

Was doing my final archive challenge, trap 4 people in one game. Wasn't looking forward to it. I dont like playing trapper.

Try 1, map red forest. Trapped around tight spots near gens, All gens done in less than 7 minutes. Again i hate trapper.

Try 2, map red forest. Trapped shack. 3 gens done in less than 2 minutes. No one went near shack. At the end i downed one. Dropper her near a trap. Set 2 more. Swung at it. Picked her up let her wiggle free. All her team came amd instead of stepping in them they started disarming them.

Try 3, map temple of purgation. I said screw it. Went to shack messeged everyone to step in traps. They finished gens and came to step in traps.

I felt dirty. Like i was cheating. But really those maps with pretty much a rookie trapper.

I apologize to all killer mains. I worked with the enemy. Into the void i go.

Comments

  • I just used a black ward with Iridescent Stone and Trapper Bag. Wound up on the Game map, trapped in areas they likely would go through to get to gens, trapped my totems(just so I could see when they were being worked on). Because the traps kept resetting themselves, I got plenty of traps. They thought they were safe, but they didn't know I had Iridescent Stone.

  • Red Forest is good if you trap around the main building, shack, and some spots survivors might run and be unsuspecting of a trap. But it takes time to trap which is the sad thing so in the time you set 2-3 traps, 1-2 gens can already be done.

    It's probably better to bring one of the addons to increase the traps you carry/start with as well.


    Is fine though, you do the challenges how you see it best. I will probably see about begging the survivors to take pity as well for some of my killer challenges because I rarely play killer.

  • Don't feel dirty. I did the challenge by gathering up all my traps and setting them in one spot, then I began stepping in the traps. The survivors saw me and followed suit. We had a blast.

  • Did it 1st try.

    It's easier when you play trapper more often, you learn the better spots and how to herd survivors

  • It's just one of those killers you cant master the first few times you pick up. Those maps are awful though lol

  • I done this challenge by using iron grasp, agitation, mad grit, stitched bag and tar bottle put everyone in the basement and trapped everywhere around it.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    Was doing my final archive challenge, trap 4 people in one game. Wasn't looking forward to it. I dont like playing trapper.

    Try 1, map red forest. Trapped around tight spots near gens, All gens done in less than 7 minutes. Again i hate trapper.

    Try 2, map red forest. Trapped shack. 3 gens done in less than 2 minutes. No one went near shack. At the end i downed one. Dropper her near a trap. Set 2 more. Swung at it. Picked her up let her wiggle free. All her team came amd instead of stepping in them they started disarming them.

    Try 3, map temple of purgation. I said screw it. Went to shack messeged everyone to step in traps. They finished gens and came to step in traps.

    I felt dirty. Like i was cheating. But really those maps with pretty much a rookie trapper.

    I apologize to all killer mains. I worked with the enemy. Into the void i go.

    Hey. It's okay. I've played a friendly game of Trapper and let people step in my traps ( i just stood by without hitting anybody, putting traps down ), and then i helped them farming for the rest of the game and let them escape.

    Nothing wrong with that, it's okay to help each other doing challenges. There's BPs and Lore behind these, and you can help Survivors getting BPs as well, to me it's a good enough justification and there's nothing wrong, you didn't cheat.

  • As trapper i normally set traps on the other sides of windows or vaults (depending on the map) you have a pretty good chance of a survivor jumping through the vault or window then BAM. But yeah its annoying and basically you have to spend time not looking through gens to set your traps which is why trapper is kinda meh.

  • I trapped them like 20 times but it was a perfect map for it, don't know the name but between the rooms the ground is darkish and they fell for it time and time again. Also in the stairs they did not see them running and got trapped. On normal maps I can trap them 4-5 times but first time doing this challange and it was crazy mayhem lol.

    As a survivor I got a msg from the killer to please help him with this so I stepped in his trap a few times. In the end he let med escape and killed the rest that was also pretty fun.

  • When I first engaged the challenge, all my traps were practically disarmed no matter where I placed them. I think only one fella stepped on one. However I dealt with them conventionally and eventually sacrificed everybody. Odd game.

    The second match, it was although every survivor was a masochist and couldn't stop running into my traps. Struck off the challenge easily.

  • Don't feel bad. I farmed mine too. I hate playing Trapper.