What Gen slowdown perk is better?

In your guy's opinion what gen slowdown perk is better corrupt intervention or ruin? I'm trying to choose between one or the other.

Comments

  • Ruin is better for killers that don't require set up time. This includes hill Billy, nurse, spirit, clown, wraith, etc. Killers that need to set their power up can make better use of corrupt intervention, since it gives them more lenient patrol routes. This includes killers like hag, trapper, and plague. Corrupt is arguably better because it's guaranteed to last for 2 minutes, but ruin is stronger in that it's effect actually regresses gen progress (assuming the survivor can't hit great skill checks).

  • Or just run both Hex: Ruin & Corrupt intervention, these to perks combined together with force the survivors the side of the map your own and they mostly likely won't look for the Hex until they touch a gen or spawn near the totem. In my opinion I have been getting consistent results usually 2-5 hooks before the first generator is done.

  • I really like Pop.

    But I suppose it depends on how easily you can down survivors.

    If you can down and hook quickly Dying Light and Pop would be good. If you struggle with that then Ruin and Corrupt Intervention would be better.

    Thrilling Tremors is iffy in my opinion.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    I really like Pop.

    But I suppose it depends on how easily you can down survivors.

    If you can down and hook quickly Dying Light and Pop would be good. If you struggle with that then Ruin and Corrupt Intervention would be better.

    Thrilling Tremors is iffy in my opinion.

    I like pop as well, but if I'm choosing one gen slowdown perk(which I usually do) I usually either bring corrupt or ruin, I'm just conflicted because whenever you bring ruin you run the risk of it being cleansed in the first minute. Ruin is more effective but corrupt is a guaranteed two minutes.

  • @Clocktower6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/847295#Comment_847295

    I like pop as well, but if I'm choosing one gen slowdown perk(which I usually do) I usually either bring corrupt or ruin, I'm just conflicted because whenever you bring ruin you run the risk of it being cleansed in the first minute. Ruin is more effective but corrupt is a guaranteed two minutes.

    Who do you play as?

  • Right now I'm mainly playing spirit, and sometimes ghostface.

  • Short answer: It depends

    Long answer:

    @NuclearBurrito said:

    Both

    Pros

    • Works immediately to stall the game
    • Forces Survivors to move around more often early on

    Cons

    • Gets removed by late game
    • Has anti-synergy with each other

    ruin

    Pros:

    • Has more total stall
    • Requires active effort from Survivors to remove
    • Survivors looking for Ruin are easier to find due to them running around
    • Better on small maps

    Cons:

    • Duration is inconsistent
    • If they can hit greats consistently its effectiveness is reduced
    • Can increase your patrol times if you defend it

    Corrupt intervention

    Pros:

    • Has a consistent duration
    • Synergies with Setup Killers and powers or perks with tracking effects
    • Reduces patrol times if Survivors work on generators
    • Better on large maps

    Cons:

    • Immersion hard counters the effect if you aren't a setup Killer and you don't have tracking abilities
    • Anti-synergy with totems
    • Doesn't require active effort to remove

    Conclusion

    Ruin is better if:

    • Your Killer has no tracking tools or short patrol times
    • The rest of your build is chase focused
    • The rest of your build contains other totems

    Corrupt Intervention is better if:

    • Your Killer is either a Stealth Killer, a setup Killer or has built in tracking
    • The rest of you build includes early game tracking
    • Your Killer has large patrol times

    Thus:

    • Ruin is generally better on high tier Killers such as Nurse, Spirit, Hillbilly due to their usually high speeds. Since tracking is a limiting factor moreso than patrol times Ruin works better with their kits
    • Corrupt Intervention is better on low tier Killers such as Trapper or Wraith due to having more utility focused kits. Meaning that tracking is less of an issue and pure consistent stall is much more important
    • Corrupt intervention can also be used on any Killer to it's full effect with the use of Whispers
    • Ruin tends to work better on Killers that it does not synergize with compared to CI on Killers it doesn't synergize with

    To be more specific on which Killers are best with which perk (before taking into account other perk combos):

    Ruin:

    • Nurse
    • Spirit
    • Huntress
    • Billy
    • Leatherface
    • Clown

    Corrupt Intervention:

    • Hag
    • Ghostface
    • Myers
    • Doctor
    • Pig
    • Wraith
    • Trapper
    • Demogorgon

    Preference (Works well with both perks):

    • Legion (Has Tracking, but needs to find someone first. Can go either way)
    • Plague (Uses setup, but requires finding someone to make use of it. No tracking abilities until set up.)
    • Freddy (High mobility for patrol times, but also traps to make use of setup time)

    You CAN use either perk on any Killer and get results. But some Killers make better use of one perk over the other, and that's what this list is trying to sort by.

    Neither perk is objectively better overall. Ruin has the best stall potential and is easier to capitalize on usually, but CI's is more consistent and works really well with utility powers.


  • @Clocktower6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/847310#Comment_847310

    Right now I'm mainly playing spirit, and sometimes ghostface.

    You don't need any perks on spirit lol. And for Ghostface both have their benefits and downsides. Corrupt won't block ALL the gens, but if Ruin goes down in 2 seconds then you have nothing. So i would play test and see which gives you better results.

  • Ruin, it's very easy to play around Corrupt Intervention. Especially on killers without good tracking, like Spirit, they will just hide the entire duration of Corrupt and you will be forced to bring Whispers to make any use put of it. So Ruin is much better on her.