To The Devs

What did the spirit nerf fix?

I mean I get it, shes harder to use and some addons are not as annoying or useless and replaceable by lower tier addons *cough* amulet *cough*.

But what was fixed? She can still hit you and phase on your face, still stand at a window with one option removed and still can stand still at pallets. Yes shes harder but she still doesn't give feedback, which was the main issue because she wasnt the most difficult.

So instead of nerfing her addons or power, why not make grass shuffle or make her husk do something noticeable but not ridiculously obvious?

Because shes still the same just slightly harder or you wont get the occasional collision hit, most spirits that are experienced just hear you either way.

@Peanits

Comments

  • @xRem said:

    What did the spirit nerf fix?

    I mean I get it, shes harder to use and some addons are not as annoying or useless and replaceable by lower tier addons *cough* amulet *cough*.

    But what was fixed? She can still hit you and phase on your face, still stand at a window with one option removed and still can stand still at pallets. Yes shes harder but she still doesn't give feedback, which was the main issue because she wasnt the most difficult.

    So instead of nerfing her addons or power, why not make grass shuffle or make her husk do something noticeable but not ridiculously obvious?

    Because shes still the same just slightly harder or you wont get the occasional collision hit, most spirits that are experienced just hear you either way.

    @Peanits

    So we should punish the players who took the time not to rely on the collision and such..? When will people ever be satisfied I swear

  • @xRem said:

    What did the spirit nerf fix?

    I mean I get it, shes harder to use and some addons are not as annoying or useless and replaceable by lower tier addons *cough* amulet *cough*.

    But what was fixed? She can still hit you and phase on your face, still stand at a window with one option removed and still can stand still at pallets. Yes shes harder but she still doesn't give feedback, which was the main issue because she wasnt the most difficult.

    So instead of nerfing her addons or power, why not make grass shuffle or make her husk do something noticeable but not ridiculously obvious?

    Because shes still the same just slightly harder or you wont get the occasional collision hit, most spirits that are experienced just hear you either way.

    @Peanits

    You people cant give it a break can you? My lord

  • In summary: Spirit's power wasn't nerfed to the point of uselessness, so nothing has been improved... Ok.

  • @XombieRocker said:

    In summary: Spirit's power wasn't nerfed to the point of uselessness, so nothing has been improved... Ok.

    That's not what I meant, I love spirit as is and enjoy playing her but this nerf didnt fix anything people were complaining about. Sure collision was annoying but not the main issue.

    @DontNerf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/104581/to-the-devs

    You people cant give it a break can you? My lord

    Sorry on the dbd fourms I talk about dbd.

  • I find it interesting that a Spirit player, whose character they love doesn't get the Legion treatment, complains why they didn't get the Legion treatment.

    ๐Ÿค”

  • @Mr_K said:

    I find it interesting that a Spirit player, whose character they love doesn't get the Legion treatment, complains why they didn't get the Legion treatment.

    ๐Ÿค”

    Not what I meant, I want her to stay just as strong.

    But I was asking why the devs didnt fix anything that was huge, sure shes harder but shes still the same basically.

    I want her to be more fun for both sides in this rework, if it isn't changed enough now she more than likely will get legioned.

    My post didnt ask for nerfs or say I'm upset shes till Amazing, I asked why didn't they change what most who wanted change asked for? I wouldn't mind a MINOR, MINOR,MINOR(just for the devs,we all know what slight means) visual que and in exchange shes faster ot has a longer duration etc etc.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Well, I personally will enjoy the fact that she won't be able to lunge at me from 16+ meters away, or being able to go from one side of a loop to the other side of a loop in a single lunge.

    The changes also slightly raised her skill floor, which I feel was very much needed. I think a little bit more needs to be done with raising her skill floor juuust a bit more, but when it comes to changes I prefer taking one step in front of the other at a time too -- rather than changing a bunch of things at once and completely overstepping the target like they did to Nurse.

    I think the only real other change I'd like to see from her phasing is her moving grass/corn. Would also like my ectoplasm "scratch marks" idea just so she provided more feedback after the fact to help people learn to play against her a little better.

    I'm pretty sure scratch marks would be the actual death of her.

  • Imo her core issue isn't fixed and I will call it now: survivors will still hate her the same and DC/suicide as often as previously. Maybe less because of prayer beads.

  • @justarandy said:

    Imo her core issue isn't fixed and I will call it now: survivors will still hate her the same and DC/suicide as often as previously. Maybe less because of prayer beads.

    I mean, any killer that can down you with their power is doing to get flak.

    Old Nurse, Rework Freddy, Billy like a while ago, the list goes on.

    I feel like what's the problem here is that some survivors dislike being put into the Injured state before a chase. I mean who would when you had little time to react?

    But that just means the killer got the drop on you, and they'll use that to their advantage.

  • Prayer Beads and the collision changes needed to happen.

    The issue is that most good Spirit players pairs of headphones won't be affected by that in the slightest.

    It does nothing to address that Spirit has multiple tools to pinpoint your exact location while phasing, where survivors are left completely to guess, and then surprisingly the one with all the information often wins out.

    It does nothing to address the issue that the only way to play against Spirit and not be a blaring beacon of "HIT ME I'M RIGHT HERE" is a PERK, which should not be mandated based on a broken killer being meta. And to add to that, Stridor still completely overrides Iron Will and removes the one reliable tool against her.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/841129#Comment_841129

    How would they effect her power if they only appeared after she does?

    All it would do is show the path the Spirit took AFTER she finished using her power, not during.

    If it's after she finished using her power, then it's a pretty useless telltale. If it's during her phase, then it would killl her.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/841736#Comment_841736

    They would only appear when she appears, never during her power.

    It'd mostly just be used so survivors who successfully evade her know what they did to evade her, and for the survivors who go down they will see what she did so they know how they went down, instead of her just popping up in their face and getting shanked with zero feedback as to what she did during her phasing.

    With it, perhaps survivors will feel a little less frustrated when they see feedback on what happened and why, instead of being left completely left in the dark.

    I think the only way this would nerf her is if the Spirit player moved the exact same way again and again and again and again in the same match and a survivor who saw her scratch marks notices and takes advantage of that.

    I can agree with this when you put it that way, it wouldl force players like me to play more unpredictably and I like that. I like the random jumpscares I give people ^^

  • Wow will no survivor be happy until every killer is moving at 80% speed, can only use there power once per match, and must be able to get hit by pallets / blinded / just pretty do nothing until survivor tells you ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

    GO TO YOUR CORNER AND DONT MOVE.

  • I think the changes are a step to the right direction. The devs will most likely monitor how she performs in the future and make further changes if needed.

    I personally love that the collission during phasing is gone since it was basically a free hit whenever it happened

  • I've seen several people talk about exactly this topic, and I agree with you/them. This is not fixing what people hated (apart from her anal beads), it's just smoothing over some of the rough patches on the sandpaper dildo that is playing against spirit.

    Having a mapwide spooky sound when she entered her power, like with how beads works now, would have been a way better fix for her base kit, letting people know that now is the time to do weird and unpredictable things. Instead, we're still stuck guessing at all the same things (except window vaults, those are no longer a glaring issue).

    I mean, as happy as I am over not getting clapped by a 15-meter lunge anymore, I'm still going to dramatically sigh every time I get paired up against Rin.

  • @DevourOfSalt said:

    Wow will no survivor be happy until every killer is moving at 80% speed, can only use there power once per match, and must be able to get hit by pallets / blinded / just pretty do nothing until survivor tells you ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

    GO TO YOUR CORNER AND DONT MOVE.

    Funny, I'd like to meet some of these survivors who want every killer to be nerfed into total oblivion. I haven't seen any on these forums.

    But seriously, you're not promoting a constructive conversation when you make a strawman out of every Survivor complaint. Spirit was, and still is, unlike any other killer in the game, because she has almost no tells for what she's actually doing, and avoiding a hit from her is almost always a matter of guesswork instead of true mindgames.

    When Huntress is about to throw a hatchet, she has an audio cue and a visual cue before it happens. When Hillbilly is about to use his chainsaw, he has an audio cue and a visual cue before it happens. When Spirit is using her Phase Walk, she has... nothing. There's no sound that tells you when it's happening, nor any visual cues to let you know what she's doing. One moment she's standing in place, and may or may not be phasing... and the next, she's right in your face, and you take a hit.

    I have zero issue with having strong killers that can get a 4k against good survivor teams if played well. But there needs to be good counterplay. You can't have a Killer that forces the survivors to just rely on blind guesses to try and avoid getting hit.

  • This was a great fix and I hope they keep up the good work. Dev's made her harder to play but shes still useable and not destroyed in the slightest.

  • Still really like this guys changes to the spirit, it was so simple but seems hecka effective! https://youtu.be/mXezFRaSvvE