Title Edit: We need to buff some killers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ

They need BUFFS, not nerfs! Please look downwards, some killers desperatelly need love! Legion, Doctor, Pig, Clown... I almost never see them in purple and red ranks...

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I play both survivor and killer the same amount of time, for me, AS A SURVIVOR, Spirit was fun and counterable, forever Freddy gives me a challenge, and Nurse was pretty cool to play against even when she owned the full team, now, AS KILLER, I was ok with the insta heals, brand new parts, etc. they were part of the game and only purple and red ranks knew how to properly give a challenge with them.

I only want to see more variety of killers in red ranks (XBOX), right now it's always a Spirit, Freddy, Billie and an ocasional Myers, I don't want to have to de-rank in order to play against other killers being controlled by noobs...

Comments

  • @MedicSpirit7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836034#Comment_836034

    Ok I get it but legion is in a horrible state right now and you guys aren’t even changing their button add ons like you said. When will legion be valuable again?

    Don't hold your breath on getting an answer. Behavior is like a politician, they will never give you a straight answer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Freddy just recently got buffed from D tier to A tier. Ghostface was hilariously bad in his PTB and I'd put him in the top 5 or 6. We can even go back to Hag on release. Remember how bad she was? You could make a cup of coffee while she set a trap. Doctor is next on the rework list. I think the Nurse didn't need a cooldown on her base kit, and I think Spirit's issues are more add on related, but if we're being objective, killers have been buffed just as much, if not more than they've been nerfed at an individual level.

    That's a complete overhaul... they changed his power completely not a "buff"... a buff would be if the team reduced the sleep timer by 2 seconds, reduced his heart beat radius so he could see sleeping survivors closer to him... that's an example of a buff... this is a different version of freddy's that's much better than the other one...

    The last "buffed" character that we got was wraith.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836001#Comment_836001

    I'm pretty sure the next one on the "unfun" train is either Freddy, Huntress or Plague. Spirit was fine for almost a year.

    I promise you, Freddy is fine, they only really work on Killers people complain about, usually no one has a problem with him.

  • @Lucama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838908#Comment_838908

    I mean, find anything that's actually game breaking. I can tell you, there was the Legion moonwalking exploit and Nurse on release. So an exploit, which was fixed, and a single actually broken killer, back when survs still had true infinites, no window blocker and a miriad of other busted stuff. So no, you can't apply the same logic.

    Survivors doing gens in 3 minutes is indeed a top end outlier, but is dependent on survivors more than killers. Here's the core problem of DBD, killers don't really get any skill expression outside of playing Nurse, post-nerf only if you have two power recharge addons, and Spirit. The game hinges on the relative skill level of Killer to survivor, and if the skill level is equal or in the favour of survivors then Killers don't really get to play the game and are relegated to a haunted house attraction that sometimes pops out from around a corner. That is to say, they're ultimately not a threat and something for survivors to laugh at.

    Your experience of the game is vastly different to mine. Your points of reference are laughable to me. You confuse broken with exploits, in a very poor attempt to keep your mooted point valid.

    I have no idea what you're referring with a lack of skill expression, especially as it has absolutely nothing to do with nurfs for balancing ?

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838828#Comment_838828

    I promise you, Freddy is fine, they only really work on Killers people complain about, usually no one has a problem with him.

    No one had a problem with spirit a few months ago.

  • Now in the recent months everyone had a problem against Spirit and people would DC upon seeing her, refusing to play against her.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/835747#Comment_835747

    They do though. How can a mod of these forums not see it?

    Ikr? Is kinda ironic. I don't think I live in the same world of this people because everytime I play killer and my results are "overperforming", they say: oh your killer is broken, I can't wait for the nerfs GG

  • I love fishing, but this isn’t good bait.

    I don’t think anyone has ever said that, like... ever.

    Maybe in some cases but ALL killers?

    No.

  • @Watery said:

    I love fishing, but this isn’t good bait.

    I don’t think anyone has ever said that, like... ever.

    Maybe in some cases but ALL killers?

    No.

    Wraith was once the most hated Killer in the game.

  • Yikes... with a title like that, the OP would get torn a new one on the Warframe Forums.

    @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/835747#Comment_835747

    I don't know Peanits, it started with Nurse, then Spirit, and maybe I got myself missunderstood, I don't mean that there's people who wanna nerf every killer, but every time you guys nerf something they see the chance and ask for more and more, I really hope no other killer gets nerfed, more like reworks or buffs for unloved and practically unseen killers at purple and red ranks.

    I do get that you guys call the shots, but I really don't wanna see any change to Freddy, this post is merely for fun

    Nurse and Spirit changes were completely valid. Nurse completely ignores any survivor defenses and Spirit gave so little feedback that survivors might as well have been playing in-game Kahoot.

    There are some things in games that need buffs, and others that need nerfs. That's just the way things are. I'm sure all of those killers will be buffed soon enough (please Legion and Bubba for the love of Vigo), but until then we'll just have to wait.

    And I'm pretty sure Freddy isn't getting nerfed anytime soon lol.

  • @Watery said:

    I love fishing, but this isn’t good bait.

    I don’t think anyone has ever said that, like... ever.

    Maybe in some cases but ALL killers?

    No.

    Can you please quote where I wrote the word "ALL"?

  • @Poochkips said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/835793#Comment_835793

    Edit...

    This. Just this. And both sides do the exact same thing as eachother. Calling eachother out constantly for the same thing and acting like one side is more right than the other. Neverending

    Dude, don't get me wrong, I play both survivor and killer the same amount of time, for me, AS A SURVIVOR, Spirit was fun and counterable, forever Freddy gives me a challenge, and Nurse was pretty cool to play against even when she owned the full team, now, AS KILLER, I was ok with the insta heals, brand new parts, etc.

    I only want to see more variety of killers in red ranks (XBOX), right now it's always a Spirit, Freddy, Billie and an ocasional Myers, I don't want to have to de-rank in order to play against these killers being controlled by noobs...

  • Allow me to rewrite my claim, then.

    This thread, in my opinion- is pointless. Not only is this thread subject to major bias on both ends, but I felt like it was meant to cause dispute.

    The target audience is unclear.

    Peanits even said this himself- this title is mocking something that DOESNT exist.

    Even if you have relevant experience on both sides, you are still capable of being biased.

    I spend time in high purple ranks and red ranks on BOTH console and PC, I don’t have an issue— I think this criticism would’ve been better placed on FireHazard’s recent thread— which explained more in depth that they want more diversity in killers at red ranks.

    I think that thread would be a lot better than straw manning survivor players (assuming that your going for the stereotype of crying survivor main) by saying “KiLlErS ArE ToO poWeRfUl, NeRf ThEm!


    But, that’s just my two cents on the subject. I’m merely applying criticism, not attacking you personally— but I just feel like your message (while important) was obscured by how you wrote your original post.

  • @Watery said:

    Allow me to rewrite my claim, then.

    This thread, in my opinion- is pointless. Not only is this thread subject to major bias on both ends, but I felt like it was meant to cause dispute.

    The target audience is unclear.

    Peanits even said this himself- this title is mocking something that DOESNT exist.

    Even if you have relevant experience on both sides, you are still capable of being biased.

    I spend time in high purple ranks and red ranks on BOTH console and PC, I don’t have an issue— I think this criticism would’ve been better placed on FireHazard’s recent thread— which explained more in depth that they want more diversity in killers at red ranks.

    I think that thread would be a lot better than straw manning survivor players (assuming that your going for the stereotype of crying survivor main) by saying “KiLlErS ArE ToO poWeRfUl, NeRf ThEm!

    But, that’s just my two cents on the subject. I’m merely applying criticism, not attacking you personally— but I just feel like your message (while important) was obscured by how you wrote your original post.

    Ok, I'll give you that. The objective of the post was to state that I believe the Devs should focus on Buffing low tier killers more than nerfing the few viable for high ranks, that's it. The title was a way to drag people in (1000 views till now so...)

    But maybe I should change the title to help this focalize

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/839423#Comment_839423

    Ok, I'll give you that. The objective of the post was to state that I believe the Devs should focus on Buffing low tier killers more than nerfing the few viable for high ranks, that's it. The title was a way to drag people in (1000 views till now so...)

    But maybe I should change the title to help this focalize

    Titles that draw people in can also grant misconception, like in my case. Just title your post what the topic of it is.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/835793#Comment_835793

    All of which you listed took the team over 2 years to do and then most of the maps and etc.... are still in the game that are problematic, haddonfield, ironworks, farm... they buffed medkits they did not nerf them.... the syringes are still very useful and much more fun to use and go against.. litterally nothing you listed is a nerf


    pallet number reduced.

    pallets are thrown later now after passed.

    made a perk for limited time.

    made a perk very difficult to get charged ignoring objectives.

    reduced the range for fast vaults.

    Healing time increased.

    New function that allows any baby killer to kill just with time doing anything.

    Medkits and addons with less charges and instaheals completely removed.

    "Literally nothing you said was a nerf".

    Try any time to play survivor, or at least try to get to rank 19. And if you think so, no, I don't either main survivor or killer, I play both equally.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838957#Comment_838957

    pallet number reduced.

    pallets are thrown later now after passed.

    made a perk for limited time.

    made a perk very difficult to get charged ignoring objectives.

    reduced the range for fast vaults.

    Healing time increased.

    New function that allows any baby killer to kill just with time doing anything.

    Medkits and addons with less charges and instaheals completely removed.

    "Literally nothing you said was a nerf".

    Try any time to play survivor, or at least try to get to rank 19. And if you think so, no, I don't either main survivor or killer, I play both equally.

    pallet number reduced. - needed, maps were just made of pallets at one point

    pallets are thrown later now after passed. - you mean pallet vaccuming? yeah, that was bullshit and needed a nerf

    made a perk for limited time. - DS? Yeah, now it's a one minute window where the killer won't interact with you

    made a perk very difficult to get charged ignoring objectives. - MoM? You mean that absolutely busted perk?

    reduced the range for fast vaults. - you can't get free loops around windows anymore, oh no you have to work for your window loops now :(

    Healing time increased. - and medkits buffed

    New function that allows any baby killer to kill just with time doing anything. - EGC? Then maybe get out of the game instead of standing around and bullying the killer

    Medkits and addons with less charges and instaheals completely removed. - The only Medkit that has ever lost charges was the emergency medkit, this patch, and if you're only using it for self-healing it has the exact same number of charges as before due to using only 50%. No medkit addons have lost charges. Purple instaheal is functionally the same, and situationally buffed because it can ignore instadowns, pink instaheal was absolutely broken and needed a nerf, it's still good.

    So, yeah, a few justified nerfs because of insanely overtuned baselines or just being broken mechanics, and a few nerfs with compensation buffs. Allow me to play you the world's smallest violin.

  • @Lucama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/839544#Comment_839544

    pallet number reduced. - needed, maps were just made of pallets at one point

    pallets are thrown later now after passed. - you mean pallet vaccuming? yeah, that was bullshit and needed a nerf

    made a perk for limited time. - DS? Yeah, now it's a one minute window where the killer won't interact with you

    made a perk very difficult to get charged ignoring objectives. - MoM? You mean that absolutely busted perk?

    reduced the range for fast vaults. - you can't get free loops around windows anymore, oh no you have to work for your window loops now :(

    Healing time increased. - and medkits buffed

    New function that allows any baby killer to kill just with time doing anything. - EGC? Then maybe get out of the game instead of standing around and bullying the killer

    Medkits and addons with less charges and instaheals completely removed. - The only Medkit that has ever lost charges was the emergency medkit, this patch, and if you're only using it for self-healing it has the exact same number of charges as before due to using only 50%. No medkit addons have lost charges. Purple instaheal is functionally the same, and situationally buffed because it can ignore instadowns, pink instaheal was absolutely broken and needed a nerf, it's still good.

    So, yeah, a few justified nerfs because of insanely overtuned baselines or just being broken mechanics, and a few nerfs with compensation buffs. Allow me to play you the world's smallest violin.

    I know those are justfed, I just used them as examples to show the discussion author killers got justified nerfs

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/839706#Comment_839706

    I know those are justfed, I just used them as examples to show the discussion author killers got justified nerfs

    Some of them, sure.

    I can't say any nerfs to Pig, Legion or Freddy(pre-rework) were justified. Nurse needed an add-on look over, but her base kit change just means you have to pay the 9K BP tax to have old nurse. The spirit changes are mostly fine, the change to the Amulet is unnecessary and will make it a dead addon though.

1 2 ›