Methods to lower graphics on pc version?

Basically, my laptop is so ######### it can’t run this game at more than 15 FPS. I’m pretty sure if I knew how to lower the graphical setting than just what is offered in the settings of the game, but I don’t. Could anybody give me a tip? Thanks

Comments

  • Low settings is about the best you can get. You could try to disabling forced anti aliasing but I doubt it would improve any.

  • @BigFatClown said:

    Basically, my laptop is so ######### it can’t run this game at more than 15 FPS. I’m pretty sure if I knew how to lower the graphical setting than just what is offered in the settings of the game, but I don’t. Could anybody give me a tip? Thanks

    I used to play on a laptop and had my graphics set to basically atari graphics. It wasn't very interesting to look at and i still got under 30 fps. I recently got a newish computer that runs it pretty decent on medium/low but i have issues with frame drops since the last update when playing on medium.

  • @Eleghost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103513/methods-to-lower-graphics-on-pc-version

    I used to play on a laptop and had my graphics set to basically atari graphics. It wasn't very interesting to look at and i still got under 30 fps. I recently got a newish computer that runs it pretty decent on medium/low but i have issues with frame drops since the last update when playing on medium.

    Same. i5-7400 3.00Ghz cpu and gtx1050Ti gpu. Get 50-60 fps most of the time but lost of frame drops since not too long ago. Still playable for me (as I am used to console stuff), but damn annoying.

    Everyone saying optimise console but imo my PS4 handles the game better now than my PC does atm (Medium graphics).

  • Before doing any of this, make a backup of the files you are going to alter.

    Windows Key + R and type in %appdata%

    go back one folder and navigate to

    User/Appdata/Local/DeadbyDaylight/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor

    and open the file "engine.cfg"

    Insert the following lines:

    [/script/engine.engine]

    MinSmoothedFrameRate=15

    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=60

    bUseVSync=True

    IdealLightMapDensity=0.02

    MaxLightMapDensity=0.05


    [/Script/Engine.RendererOverrideSettings]

    r.EmitterSpawnRateScale=0

    r.LightFunctionQuality=0

    r.SeparateTranslucency=False

    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=False

    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=False

    r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=False

    r.ShadowQuality=0

    r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=0

    r.Shadow.MaxResolution=16

    r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.24

    r.Shadow.DistanceScale=0.1

    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0

    r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=1

    r.RefractionQuality=1

    r.SceneColorFormat=3

    r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusion=False

    r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=False


    Next up open "GameUserSettings.cfg"

    Press ctrl+f and search for Vsync

    Change the line:

    bUseVSync=True

    to:

    bUseVSync=False

    Also you might want to add the line:

    [/Script/TslGame.TslGameUserSettings]

    Gamma=200.000000

    at the end of the document.

    I play on crappy laptop too and went from 20-30 fps to a rather smooth and constant 55-60fps

  • Your best bet is to lower the resolution beyond the game's settings limit. You can do that by modifying the GameUserSettings.ini which you can find in User\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor. The setting you want to modify is ScreenResolution.

    Also disabling Vsync helps.

  • Since the game is based on Unreal Engine 4, you could theoretically edit the engine ini file directly to lower the graphics past what's available in the menu.

  • @Eleghost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103513/methods-to-lower-graphics-on-pc-version

    I used to play on a laptop and had my graphics set to basically atari graphics. It wasn't very interesting to look at and i still got under 30 fps. I recently got a newish computer that runs it pretty decent on medium/low but i have issues with frame drops since the last update when playing on medium.

    Im just imaging the TI-84 port of DBD

  • Lower your resolution (both ingame and desktop) to 800 x 600 and change your monitor colours to 16 BIT (instead of 32), you'll get good FPS