Buffing weak killers will increase cosmetics sales

Remember the last time they nerfed the Pig? They then released some great cosmetics for her. At the time I wondered if they would give her a buff at the same time. But then, why would they? They have never done it in the past. I'm sure some people may have been put off paying quite a lot of Auric cells for a newly nerfed killer.

Why should we pay Auric cells for the wonderful Legion cosmetics when they have no power, no ability to end a chase and survivors stand mending in front of my face?

Wouldn't it be a really great idea for when you know you have top cosmetics for low tier killers as good as the Treeman Wraith, Pantless Myers and Bra and Panties Piggy, that you choose that time to give that killer their much needed minor numbers buff?

Obviously don't do this with Spirit.

Comments

  • Idc about cosmetics, i care about balance. So yeah buff pig and legion lol.

  • I like Treeman Wraith but why should I pay full price for Wraith cosmetics when half the time he is invisible?

    Also why does the clowns knife (surely the smallest cosmetic) cost the same as his massive fat belly?

    I have Hallowed Clown and thinking about Santa but there is almost no point in getting the knife for either of them. No-one will notice if you don't have them.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    Idc about cosmetics, i care about balance. So yeah buff pig and legion lol.

    Right now the devs have no motivation for buffing weaker killers as they don't profit from it. I'm hoping they can see that there IS a way that they can profit from it.

  • There is a major issue with skin prices, most of them shouldn’t be purple rarity, I.e. billy ranger outfit pants are pretty simple, tho they cost the same of the ranger body piece.

  • @YaiPa said:

    There is a major issue with skin prices, most of them shouldn’t be purple rarity, I.e. billy ranger outfit pants are pretty simple, tho they cost the same of the ranger body piece.

    Yes 400 AC for a pair of pants that is almost the same as some default pants is a little odd. They should also discount colour variations once you have bought something too.

  • The devs probably sell a lot more survivor skins than killer skins, so most likely their focus lies on these.

  • Key point: Killer players dont see their costume in game, only Survivors see your costumes

    Survivors can see their own outfit all the time.

  • Agree, when a cool new cosmetic comes out for a killer, I instantly play this killer for a few games until I realize it is the same trash killer like before (Legion, Wraith, Trapper etc)

  • After wraith update, dbd got a really big resurgence of players I noticed on steam charts.