Why did the survivors dc? I know but don’t know why

So I came home from work last night, took a nice shower, smoked, and played 2 games. I asked my friend what killer I should play, he asked to see trapper. So I played him.

NOTE: I never play trapper. He’s annoying to play as due to how his power is mostly rng/luck based. I just hate that. Also, I have roughly 4-5k hours (if that even matters)

so I put on the addon that insta-downs and put on the 2 extra traps (I think that should be base, but only 2 traps can be carried-Not 3). Either way, I did that because survivors never step into my traps anyway. Yet, my trap setting IQ was either at 1000 yesterday or the survivors have low IQ’s. 2 survivors DC’d after stepping into traps although I didn’t go after them when they did cause they’re down anyway. No gens were done. I let the other 2 farm points before I killed them. Why do you think the DC’d other than the addons. It’s not like I used them to full potential.


p.s. Don’t kite me up with hate

Comments

  • @TooKoolFoU said:

    So I came home from work last night, took a nice shower, smoked, and played 2 games. I asked my friend what killer I should play, he asked to see trapper. So I played him.

    NOTE: I never play trapper. He’s annoying to play as due to how his power is mostly rng/luck based. I just hate that. Also, I have roughly 4-5k hours (if that even matters)

    so I put on the addon that insta-downs and put on the 2 extra traps (I think that should be base, but only 2 traps can be carried-Not 3). Either way, I did that because survivors never step into my traps anyway. Yet, my trap setting IQ was either at 1000 yesterday or the survivors have low IQ’s. 2 survivors DC’d after stepping into traps although I didn’t go after them when they did cause they’re down anyway. No gens were done. I let the other 2 farm points before I killed them. Why do you think the DC’d other than the addons. It’s not like I used them to full potential.

    p.s. Don’t kite me up with hate

    Simple. They got outplayed but as we all know it's not a defeat if the killer doesn't actually kill you ;)

  • You familiar with the term "mulligan". Its a golfing term for a do-over, when you have a really bad stroke and want another try with the bad one not counting... DCing is a mulligan of sorts. They get to start the game anew with a fresh start and maybe NOT step into a trap the next time.

  • "NOTE: I never play trapper. He’s annoying to play as due to how his power is mostly rng/luck based"

    Someone doesn't know how to lead survivors into his traps... Hehe "Luck"

  • @LordGlint said:

    You familiar with the term "mulligan". Its a golfing term for a do-over, when you have a really bad stroke and want another try with the bad one not counting... DCing is a mulligan of sorts. They get to start the game anew with a fresh start and maybe NOT step into a trap the next time.

    See, they didn’t step into my trap right off. It was sometime into the game. I managed to set a few traps. I trapped near my ruin cause my ruin was in the open and pointless to trap. I found myself in chase with one guy. I hooked him. Than once they both stepped in a trap they DC’d as rank 5s. The other guys who didn’t dc were rank 1s and actually decent. They didn’t even try is what bothers me. They got trapped and gave up. If that’s normal than that’s a problem.

  • You prevented them from playing generator sim.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    "NOTE: I never play trapper. He’s annoying to play as due to how his power is mostly rng/luck based"

    Someone doesn't know how to lead survivors into his traps... Hehe "Luck"

    Figuring I’m the one following the survivors I am not “LeAdINg” them anywhere. They would be leading me. I can try to make them loop me in a certain direction or area, for example, around the T + L walls. I can set a trap by the fire barrel close to the window in the direction that survivor would run into it while looping at the structure. Yet, I cannot force a survivor into it. That’s why it’s luck based. He is also rng/luck based due to the map sizes and how spread out the traps are when they spawn. Again, he is also luck based on the fact that I may trap part of the grass right beside the shack wall away from the window. However, a survivor might be smart enough to not step in the grass while looping me at shack. That trap placement might work vs one survivor, but another might be a little more cautious to avoid it.