"Endurance" perks and items and how to properly balance them.
As both a killer and survivor (30/70) I really think they should balance these perks and item usage as a status ailment that never goes away or can be reactivated. I also think that Adrenaline, DS, Deliverance, and Unbreakable should be included with this. Essentially when a survivor uses these perks it puts them into a potential deep wound status effect with Endurance and they can't have Endurance effects stacked. The Devs want more perk diversity and they want to balance the game more fairly for killers and this seems like a suitable solution and that SWF and solo players will have to pick and choose what to bring. I also think Adrenaline should just be reworked to not have the overall healing effect and just apply endurance for 10-20 seconds or deep wounds if in the dying state (this would also benefit survivors who could bait a hit). This wouldn't affect the overall uses of these perks except a buff to Unbreakable and Deliverance and a gimp to every other perk.
Comments
You my friend must be affected by tier 3 madness. LOL "deep wound effect" .
I really don't see an issue with it. If you get downed and Adrenaline pops you into a deep wounds state or you use Unbreakable/Deliverance then get hit into deep wounds. What's the real difference from being injured and having deep wounds if you're being tunneled or focused?
No. This is extremely killer sided, we don't need anymore of that BS.
It's killer sided for killers who lack an instant down or NOED and the effect is essentially the same survivors get a free hit for endgame within 10-20 seconds, but swf and solo meta players can't stack adrenaline/borrowed time and instant heals in a match. Meaning that this would open up endgame perk opportunity and perk diversity for survivors since they would have to pick one or risk multiple cases being wasted. I have another reasoning behind this, the could revert MOM back to it's functional state if they force Endurance Perks to be a one time usage. I've played this game for 3 years and the strong meta perks are still what everyone uses and I find it stale for survivor and infuriating as killer. I hate being in lobby and seeing 3 survivors with Adrenaline and DS and I had to do 3 gens looped the killer for 4 minutes with a altruism centric build or being killer and not having any agency lategame unless I have NOED or an instant down.
Deliverance already gives you broken status effect what more do you want? Unbreakable is a 1 time use perk unless you've got someone to heal you your points are silly if I'm being honest this would be a severe biase towards killers would ruin the fun of survivors as a whole. Im glad your sharing your thoughts but there bad for the game tbh.
This would not fix anything, these are not really good and or healthy changes, sry to say that. I dont like those ideas, they dont make alot of sense.
This would buff both perks by adding Endurance to them, it's actually the problem with these 2nd chance perks is that the killer can just down them again when they use it.
It would fix the entire survivor meta and SWF meta. Essentially survivors wouldn't have multiple 2nd chance skills that could stack, they would have to pick one or just risk wasting the others. This would also allow the Devs to make more strong perks like DS and Adrenaline if there was a baseline Endurance requirement. This is why MOM was a bad idea and was axed quickly and why the Devs can't make strong perks anymore. Look I get to red ranks solo easy on PC and Xbox without DS/Adrenaline and despite the nerfs and changes the "meta" hasn't changed in years and has somewhat gotten worse because they nerf other survivor tools holistically and they neglect strong perk stacking. If the Devs do this, they can stop the systematic nerfs to survivors and allow more strong perks in the game for diversity.
@akbays35
All of those perks that you mentioned have a counterplay exept for adrenalin, that is the only perk that needs a nerf but all of the rest are totally fine, idk where your problem is. Ubreakable is a slug counter because slugging is a good strategy for killers, D strike, just dont tunnel and Borrow just dont TUNNEL, if the survivor bodyblocks with borrow just hit him twice to slugg him. If you have problems to counter those perks then you can watch some guides or streams like tru3talent, noob3 etc.
Buddy I play with those guys, I don't post videos of having to loop a killer for 20 minutes when Socialism Sucks (he's not that bad he was waiting for hatch) doesn't do a gen especially when Noob won't run Resilience and I literally watched his 52 escapes on Twitch wondering why Vooshy was hard carrying him lol, I'd rather just die or give the killer a hook just to stop wasting time. Hell I don't play killer cause Jen, Goose, and Scott would do their bully shenanigans in purple/green ranks when I'm just wanting to farm and meme. Sure everything has counterplay to some degree, that's not the issue. I'm talking about the holistics of the game and the future of this game still encountering the same meta from 3 years back and giving Ashe a purpose which really bugs me as a longtime Evil Dead and Bruce Campbell fan. The devs aren't treating the real issue of perk diversity and builds by allowing this wacky stack of 2nd chance perks with no sensible drawback. Like I said, I don't have an actual issue with these perks as a killer, I have an issue with them as a Survivor because I'm tired of skilless hacks who need their crutches, If I ran these perks I'd get bored of getting smacked 4 times with no consequence. I remember when Peanut was just a regular forum guy, I've been through 2 Angrypug beards of this game and remembered Oichido's FIRST ban lol. You've never played against Marths Nurse and it really shows and I'm glad he settled down and got married and I wish his experiment showed the issue with SWF and this game's balance. I miss Diatech, he's pretty much given up on this game and just does speed runs now :/ True has great content and watch his videos regularly, Monto is funny and shows why Spirit needs counterplay, haven't seen Hybrid Panda in awhile he had an amazing track for Shrinewatch. I'm surprised Puppers didn't die in a vape explosion. Tydetime is still around I haven't seen his content since the console tournaments. Demi is the best lol, OhTofu, Ardetha, are really underappreciated. Otzdarva gives me nightmares sometimes and Zubat, he's killed me alot when I do stupid red rank grinding and he's one of the best killers.
@akbays35
Tell me where do you can get 4 smacks without any drawbacks? I would really like to know that lol. I agree that the same meta perks for survivors are since 3 years but how I said, the changes that you suggested are not that well or either fun or skillfull to use, tell me, where is the skill after you use the perk and then when the killers leaves you that you just hold M1 to mend, like dafuq?
It is better to put requierements for these meta perks that you gain these effects from, best example make your choice, you have 2 requierement to get 1 insta down effect.
I am slightly exaggerating based on when these perks/heals were annoyingly optimal, I used MOM, DS, an Instant heal, and Adrenaline once to just tank a bunch of hits when there was one gen left, literally got hit 4 times and rehealed to full and ran away before a teammate broke noed and looped the killer until he dcd. Requirements are nice until you just make them useless like MOM and it would just be better to forcibly spread these perk interactions so the Devs can continue to make strong perks, but with the limitation of just having one work optimally like how Exhaustion is. Everyone bitched about that when they implemented Exhaustion with non sprinting, but it was just noninteractive at a certain point because you could just keep looping then have your perk back up and then continue looping. Devs had to make bloodlust first because they didn't realize they should limit survivors strength in a chase. The fact that bloodlust is still an integral part of this game still shows how strong survivors are.