Only spending money on chapters/characters

The ridiculous difficulty of some the Rift challenges has put a sudden stop to me spending any more money on DBD (except for new chapters/characters). I have occasionally brought new skins and was a mug and brought the premium pass, but now that's in the past.

I'm going to continue looking forward and purchasing new chapters and survivors/killers, but I am not wasting anymore funds on skins, attire parts or the pass.

Those near impossible challenges and the way they will effectively deny you collecting all the cells and unlockables was the last straw.

Comments

  • ...and I just saw all the unlockable cutscenes on Youtube. 👌

  • Even if you complete those challenges, you still need around 150 hours worth of playtime to finish the whole Rift. Which if you couldn't guess, is not exactly 150 hours if you don't count the downtime and waiting queues that this game so amazingly offers.

  • If they are rly going to add that challenges that I saw, then I will ignore the IV tier. It's not worth it and it's most of time luck based rather than skill based. You are playing with other 4 people and how you can effect them? You can't unless you farm.

    Btw, they are WAY harder than the rest, but they will give you same ammout of progress on rift? That's just bad. It should give you at least whole tier unlock for very hard (and luck) based challenges like kill 3 people in end game collaps in ONE game.

    Save 2 people by flashlight in one game (carrying) is also so bad and lucky based. Yes, you can try to learn the timming, but even lower experienced killers will just look up OR they gonna pick someone facing the wall. On top of that you need to be very close to them to at least try it.

  • @DeKillerKiller said:

    Even if you complete those challenges, you still need around 150 hours worth of playtime to finish the whole Rift. Which if you couldn't guess, is not exactly 150 hours if you don't count the downtime and waiting queues that this game so amazingly offers.

    And the developers said that it'd only require 70-80 hours in total, including the challenges in the mix, to unlock the entire Rift.

    Eh. Good thing I am too cynical to be surprised by the fact that this was a blatant lie.

    On topic, I've not spent money on DbD since the release of the Plague thanks to Behavior really not deserving it. Their priority is pumping out cosmetics and monetizing their player-base. Show that they care and I'll start spending my money again.

  • It's easy: If the challenges are too dependent on luck and what the other players are doing, I'm not spending money on the rift.

  • I was all set to buy the new Laurie skin...but in light of these challenges, I closed my wallet.

  • 80 hours my ass.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    I was all set to buy the new Laurie skin...but in light of these challenges, I closed my wallet.

    I bought it and am having buyers remorse. Laurie’s hair looks awful/it’s basically grey hair even though it’s supposed to be “golden brown” psh. I think I’m done buying overpriced low res skins.