Do we need/want more Emotes?

I want emotes for both killers and survivors! Not only for communicating, also for fun! I mean, maybe you shouldn't be able to stop the animation once started?

I'd love tosee a:

Dancing Dwight

Tantrum Hag

Dissapointment hand on face Bill

Push up David

Laughing Toxic Nea

Warm Up Excercise Legion

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • We don't need, but I want more. Also based on the options I feel like this is biased... XD

  • ONLY AS LONG AS THEY'RE REASONABLE

    Ahem.

    I'm fine with killers and survivors getting a few new emotes. Just keep it reasonable. What is reasonable? No dancing for starters. Only have emotes that make sense like letting Evan chuckle or have Amanda waving her finger at someone that is trying to remove a trap. As for survivors, better pointing (like aiming a flashlight by holding the button). And maybe a few smiles.

  • @8obot1c said:

    We don't need, but I want more. Also based on the options I feel like this is biased... XD

    Why biased? There are 2 No options, why would you select no if it weren't cause of toxicity or thinking it wouldn't add anything to the game?

  • I voted no but I only would like 2 more default emotes added to the d-pad. (I play on PS4)

    Silly emotes don’t belong in this game.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/800181#Comment_800181

    Why biased? There are 2 No options, why would you select no if it weren't cause of toxicity or thinking it wouldn't add anything to the game?

    Well the ones with yes are capitalized and the ones with no are lowercase, plus you also voted yes so yeah.....

  • @8obot1c said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/800196#Comment_800196

    Well the ones with yes are capitalized and the ones with no are lowercase, plus you also voted yes so yeah.....

    Oh, I'll have that in mind for other polls, sorry, was not intended like that

  • Push Up David would make you stop in place and lose your movement, not a bad idea, would love to customize which emote goes to my d-pad.

  • Killers can already do some sort of emotes: the Clown Dance, Moonwalking Myers, Bing Bonging etc. And more often then not they're used for toxicity already.

    I'd like some more emotes to improve communication between solo survivors though.

  • 100% against. No. Absolutely awful.

  • I dislike your suggestions for emotes but I'm in favour of a few more emotes to mix it up a little.

  • No. Emotes should fit the atmosphere of the game. Having dances would make this game more of a meme than it already is.

    Emotes that fit the situation. Not default dance BS, or facepalming.

  • I understand this is a game...but simply put: if you were a survivor and awoke in to a strange, horrific landscape before being pursued by a hulking, bloodthirsty killer...the last thing on your agenda would be twerking or doing the floss.

  • Did somebody say finger guns?

  • No thanks, unless people come up with actually usefull emotes that also fit with the tone of the game.

  • No. The last thing I want to see is a Survivor or Killer doing a fortnite dance. It does not fit in this game.

    Hell, the game started with 0 voicecoms and 2 emotes. Why? To promote a scary atmosphere; the Survivors were too scared to make a sound. Sounds could lead the Killer to them.


    Of course, then came SWF and using Discord so... 🤷‍♂️

  • it doesnt have to be cringy emotes like some sort of TF2 Conga line or Fortnite solo dance, however i believe that some actually scary emotes, or just some that fit the personality of the character using them, could fit into the game pretty nicely.

    like a Legion going into a tantrum, swinging all around him for a few seconds?

    or a Trapper kneeling down and inspecting the floor he is about to trap?

    maybe Claudette could pick a flower that is growing close to her and put it in her pocket?

    and why not have David start boxing the air?

    just some ideas, however i belive such emotes would make the trials feel a lot more unique and may lead to some funny moments.

  • God no.

    The only emotes that should be in the game are functional ones, like the point and "come here" gestures we already have.

    We dont need dumb garbage like dancing or random stuff actions.

  • It would 100% promote toxicity but i mean this game is really already at rock bottom. It would be cool to see more of the characters personalities but it would only be for survivors because as a killer who are you gonna emote to and when? A survivor on the hook?

    I don't know honestly but if they do add them i would want them to be tamed because the game already suffers from deteriorated atmosphere because the game isn't dark and survivors aren't scared since the advantage is in their favor

  • Finger guns are only exception

  • I say no, but I would like something for the killers... even if it was just going the things they do while looking for a lobby

  • Oh look a huge bloodthirsty mutant creature is chasing me with a razor sharp weapon of death! Good time for a Dab! LOL! U Mad Bro!?

  • I don't want 4 toxic neas laughing at me at the exit doors

  • No. Waste of developer resources. Focus on improving the game's health (balance, performance, etc) instead.

    Also pointing/come here are not emotes. They are gestures, ones you can use to communicate non-verbally to other survivors (or even the killer). An emote is just something with no purpose other than to be silly.

  • They would make good rift rewards.

    @thesuicidefox said:

    No. Waste of developer resources. Focus on improving the game's health (balance, performance, etc) instead.

    Also pointing/come here are not emotes. They are gestures, ones you can use to communicate non-verbally to other survivors (or even the killer). An emote is just something with no purpose other than to be silly.

    That's not how game dev works. The people who would make emotes are not the same people working on balance or servers.

  • @Buff_Bubba said:

    They would make good rift rewards.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828598#Comment_828598

    That's not how game dev works. The people who would make emotes are not the same people working on balance or servers.

    Yea but they are the people working on animations for new killers/abilities. It still takes away resources from important stuff.

  • I just want a waving emote for saying "hi" so we don't need to "teabag" anymore when we meet other survivors and an emote to bow one's thanks would be cool, that's all :)

    also give killers the same emotes ^^

  • No thanks, I'd rather have the game issues be fixed first.