Hatch Priority

On Gas Heaven. Legion. 2 gens left, killed a Nea for my third kill. The only survivor is my obsession Steve, who had basically done nothing the whole game (I avoided him because of STBFL). Nea is getting sucked upwards, Steve and I both see the hatch.

We stand there staring lovingly into each other's eyes, while we wait. I am spamming the ever-loving CRAP out of space to shut it the second I can.

Hatch opens. I put the foot down. Steve jumps up, and gets sucked right through the ground. He escapes. Gg EZ

Shouldn't the Killer get priority in closing the hatch, since they basically already won the game? I've tried this same scenario as a survivor and they always get to shut the hatch before I even get an escape prompt.

Comments

  • Servers ruined priority since the priority was connection based anyway. This means that, when you both have equivalent connection to the server and hit the same button at the exact same time, they both escape and the hatch closes at the same time because the game wasn't coded to prevent this interaction.

  • @LintyScorpion said:

    I agree

    Stop it!

    Anyway, they should get the priority. Dedicated servers are messing it up right now. *sigh*

  • Prior to servers, there was a topic regarding survivors being knocked out of their animation and "staggering" if the hatch is closed while/at the same time that they are jumping.

    A dev then said that once they start their animation, they should get the escape regardless of whether the hatch is closed at the time of the jump.

    It's working as intended.

  • Disagree. Until chat is built into the game and it actually becomes a team game survivor should get priority.

  • @Raccoon said:

    Prior to servers, there was a topic regarding survivors being knocked out of their animation and "staggering" if the hatch is closed while/at the same time that they are jumping.

    A dev then said that once they start their animation, they should get the escape regardless of whether the hatch is closed at the time of the jump.

    It's working as intended.

    Then they should re-enable hatch grabs for the killer

  • Slug the 3rd survivor and you will never encounter this problem again

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    Slug the 3rd survivor and you will never encounter this problem again

    They'll just DC into hatch if they're SWF, but slugging is the correct play.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/793852#Comment_793852

    They'll just DC into hatch if they're SWF, but slugging is the correct play.

    sadly *sigh* i hate slugging, but i have to if i want to 4k