Should There Be Killer Emotes?

I think killers should have an emote in the game.

Nothing memey, but something to give them some personality as they play.

I mean, doesn't feel the same when Freddy is hunting down gals and he's not rattling off psychotic quips and taunts.

If you'd like to see killers emote more, what kinda emotes and taunts would you let them make?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I would personally love to see the killer emote. Maybe a slow head shake?

  • Oh god please no lol. Just wouldn’t fit IMO.

  • Yes, Plague should be able to hurl a chunk upwards then catch it in her mouth.

    That is all.

  • I want my Myers to be able to default dance and I'd like that feature now

  • Each killer could have a unique emote, but still be careful not to kill the atmosphere.

    • Freddy could scrape his claws along a nearby wall, sparking all the way.
    • Myers could turn his head to one side and stare at you as he walks past in a different direction.
    • The Hag could yank a foot or heart or some other body part out of the ground for a quick snack. Something she supposedly buried there in the mud to save for later, you know, like a squirrel.

    You get the idea. These along with standard “yes” an “no” head shakes would be nice!

  • I wanna dance with the killers


  • @yobuddd said:

    Each killer could have a unique emote, but still be careful not to kill the atmosphere.

    • Freddy could scrape his claws along a nearby wall, sparking all the way.
    • Myers could turn his head to one side and stare at you as he walks past in a different direction.
    • The Hag could yank a foot or heart or some other body part out of the ground for a quick snack. Something she supposedly buried there in the mud to save for later, you know, like a squirrel.

    You get the idea. These along with standard “yes” an “no” head shakes would be nice!

    I like this idea a lot. It could even change depending on cosmetic sets (such as different Legion members. Frank and Joey act differently, and so do Julie and Suzie).

  • Survivors have emotes so that they can communicate with each other. Killers don't need to communicate. Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I just feel like this could only go one way. Taunts would not only detract from the atmosphere of the game, DBD players really don't need more ways to be toxic.

  • The last thing we need is a Clown with a /dance emote.

  • Besides, the killers each have an irritating built-in emote after they successfully hit a survivor (wiping/looking at weapon etc).

    It would only be used as a taunt for hooked/blocked survivors. The killer is a solo player and doesn't need to communicate with members of a team.

  • @se05239 said:

    The last thing we need is a Clown with a /dance emote.

    Imagine the Clown default dancing.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795120#Comment_795120

    I like this idea a lot. It could even change depending on cosmetic sets (such as different Legion members. Frank and Joey act differently, and so do Julie and Suzie).

    Ooooh that sounds fun too! I could imagine Huntress behaving differently depending on which animal head she’s wearing!

    This may be a little burdensome to program in initially though. Perhaps if we got a standard set of unique killer emotes for basic skins, other variations could be introduced later. Maybe even sold in the store. (Profit potential may help motivate BHVR to actually follow upon an idea like this!)

  • @yobuddd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795410#Comment_795410

    Ooooh that sounds fun too! I could imagine Huntress behaving differently depending on which animal head she’s wearing!

    This may be a little burdensome to program in initially though. Perhaps if we got a standard set of unique killer emotes for basic skins, other variations could be introduced later. Maybe even sold in the store. (Profit potential may help motivate BHVR to actually follow upon an idea like this!)

    For the Huntress she should start spinning her hatchet in her free hand as she's moving around. Feel that's very Huntress-like to casually play around with her hatchets while hunting.

  • @se05239 said:

    The last thing we need is a Clown with a /dance emote.

    I'd imagine the Clown taking a swig from a separate bottle of alcohol and letting it fall on the ground.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Besides, the killers each have an irritating built-in emote after they successfully hit a survivor (wiping/looking at weapon etc).

    It would only be used as a taunt for hooked/blocked survivors. The killer is a solo player and doesn't need to communicate with members of a team.

    I don't see how an animation that actively hinders the killer is any worse than Survivors T-bag camping pallets.

    Bad strategies that work is the most irritating thing.

  • @yobuddd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795410#Comment_795410

    Ooooh that sounds fun too! I could imagine Huntress behaving differently depending on which animal head she’s wearing!

    This may be a little burdensome to program in initially though. Perhaps if we got a standard set of unique killer emotes for basic skins, other variations could be introduced later. Maybe even sold in the store. (Profit potential may help motivate BHVR to actually follow upon an idea like this!)

    That works. Make it profitable. : )

  • I imagine the Clown doing that pennywise dance.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Besides, the killers each have an irritating built-in emote after they successfully hit a survivor (wiping/looking at weapon etc).

    It would only be used as a taunt for hooked/blocked survivors. The killer is a solo player and doesn't need to communicate with members of a team.

    If you have a problem with that, just use STBFL! : D

    I don't quite see what's wrong with having an optional animation killers can perform at any time they want. Survivors have them. It's only fair that killers can too...

  • @Fibijean said:

    Survivors have emotes so that they can communicate with each other. Killers don't need to communicate. Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I just feel like this could only go one way. Taunts would not only detract from the atmosphere of the game, DBD players really don't need more ways to be toxic.

    Most of the time they aren't used to communicate. Most of the time they are used to troll or actively hinder other survivors.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795511#Comment_795511

    If you have a problem with that, just use STBFL! : D

    I don't quite see what's wrong with having an optional animation killers can perform at any time they want. Survivors have them. It's only fair that killers can too...

    Thing is that survivor emotes are there to communicate to other survivors ('Come' and 'There!') as part of the team.

    I'm am totally against emotes that are simply taunts and poses. Personal preference.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795972#Comment_795972

    Thing is that survivor emotes are there to communicate to other survivors ('Come' and 'There!') as part of the team.

    I'm am totally against emotes that are simply taunts and poses. Personal preference.

    Well, can't argue that since that's just opinions. I don't see any wrong in having the option though, since more options is always better. That being said, I also think it should fit within the atmosphere of the game. Like clown doing some knife tricks, or Micheal tilting his head like admiring his work... that kind of thing.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795414#Comment_795414

    Most of the time they aren't used to communicate. Most of the time they are used to troll or actively hinder other survivors.

    But the reason they have them is for communication. There is an actual mechanical purpose behind survivors emoting, unlike with killers. Any kind of animation in the game can be used to troll or be toxic because people get creative, but whether you see it or not survivor emotes do serve a practical purpose.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795973#Comment_795973

    But the reason they have them is for communication. There is an actual mechanical purpose behind survivors emoting, unlike with killers. Any kind of animation in the game can be used to troll or be toxic because people get creative, but whether you see it or not survivor emotes do serve a practical purpose.

    Why they're there and how they're used now are two different things. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that intention doesn't really matter.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795973#Comment_795973

    But the reason they have them is for communication. There is an actual mechanical purpose behind survivors emoting, unlike with killers. Any kind of animation in the game can be used to troll or be toxic because people get creative, but whether you see it or not survivor emotes do serve a practical purpose.

    Feel like it would serve more as a relaxant for a killer.

    At least for me. I'd love to get in character as a killer.

  • Just two taunts like maybe shaking head or laughing as the equalevants for survivors gestures.

  • I feel like killer emotes should be a thing, but very conservative.

    Like, maybe pointing menacingly and a deep chuckle.

    I don't want anyone dancing or any of that. Reasonable stuff.

    For example, you're playing Trapper. You are patrolling the map while playing traps and you see a Meg desperately try to hide behind a tree. Instead of the default we have now of just aggressively power walking at her I'd like to have a menacing point I'd be able to do first then storm towards her.

  • @Peasant said:

    I feel like killer emotes should be a thing, but very conservative.

    Like, maybe pointing menacingly and a deep chuckle.

    I don't want anyone dancing or any of that. Reasonable stuff.

    For example, you're playing Trapper. You are patrolling the map while playing traps and you see a Meg desperately try to hide behind a tree. Instead of the default we have now of just aggressively power walking at her I'd like to have a menacing point I'd be able to do first then storm towards her.

    That'd be awesome.

    Often I find myself shaking my head at people as Pig who are trying to take off their hats right in front of me. It'd be nice to have a dedicated "Naughty Survivor" button.

  • @Rezblaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/797560#Comment_797560

    That'd be awesome.

    Often I find myself shaking my head at people as Pig who are trying to take off their hats right in front of me. It'd be nice to have a dedicated "Naughty Survivor" button.

    Ooh, that'd be good. Have Amanda's emotes be "The moving finger" and the pointing emote.

    Honestly, I feel like everyone should have a point emote and a unique emote for each killer.