What's your favourite map/set of maps?
For me, I personally love all of the Crotum Penn Asylum maps, this is just my opinion, but I feel the maps are well designed and balanced. I think the layout of them all are well done, and that the landmark buildings in them at just the right amount of multilevel gameplay (as opposed to gideon meat plant and haddonfield which I feel the amount of spaced out multilevels can be somewhat annoying, especially as a killer). I love the whole feel of them, they seem the perfect amount of eerie/gloomy and it feels like the game itself (DBD) belongs on these kind of maps. The original maps like coldwind farm, macmillan estate, and autohaven wreckers, just don't have the same feel, and some of the maps in those sets I don't feel are greatly designed and can be frustrating with the large areas of loop spots.
While yes, I am a killer main, I have played all maps with every killer and also survivor, but whether I'm playing survivor or killer, I always enjoy getting the Crotus Penn Asylum maps. This is just my personal opinion, and I would like to know if a lot of of other players also enjoy the CPA maps as much in me, and if not, which map or map sets do you prefer? ![]()
P.S. I would have made a poll if there was an option to ![]()
Comments
As surv i like the swamps cos i know how much of a pain it is for killers.
As killer i do not like the swamp cos its a pain in the ass.
Other than swamps i like them all but it depends on what killer i use. Some killers are better at some maps than others.
Red forest is where it's at. I love the atmosphere the map has, and it's just fun to play on as both survivor and killer.
As killer I dislike anything with corn (corn blindness is real) and bloodlodge and sheltered woods (because too many pallets)
My favorite maps;
The Game.
It's one of the most fun maps to play on as either side.
Anything that's not Coldwind Farm, Autohaven Wreckers, Macmillan Estate, Swamp or Disturbed Ward.
The thompson house is just perfect. It really makes me feel like that there is something really bad happened. Whenever I am in that map, I always take a look at that house. Rotten fields is very scary for me as well.
I hate autoheaven's green background. If it was planned in another way I would be in love with that set of maps too.
I hate gideon and lery's. They just don't have the atmosphere. They feel like they are just maps. An institute or a meat plant could be a lot more scary.
Crotus Prenn. Easy loop zone in the building for survivor and I love doing laps around it as Hillbilly (DIsturbed Ward), and I'm personally happy they added another map to it with the clown. Cool ass chapel and the little carnival is awesome aesthetically.