Keys should be removed

or at least they should only work for one survivor after the killer has closed the hatch. they provide a free escape for survivors who don't deserve it.

Comments

  • I just dislike keys from chests. Free RNG escapes are lame.

  • I dislike keys... except green keys! :D

  • Killers have Mori. Survivors have keys.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Killers have Mori. Survivors have keys.

    Doesn't mean they should

  • I knew someone would bring up moris, they should be changed too. Lets keep this a thread about keys specifically

  • But they do. I think things are find as they are. Obviously others feel differently. Which is fine.

  • @NerfFireUp said:

    or at least they should only work for one survivor after the killer has closed the hatch. they provide a free escape for survivors who don't deserve it.

    Your post confuses me. If the hatch was opened and a player escaped and then you closed the hatch - that means at max 3 players are left with all gens done. To re-open the hatch another key of rare or higher quality is required. Not to mention that the exit gates are now also powered. The odds of two rare or higher keys being found in a match are pretty darn low. If they brought them into the match you should have been able to see this from the loading screen and prepared accordingly.

    I understand keys can be frustrating at times but I dont think they need adjusting. Not as of yet anyway. They are a mechanic which can greatly change the outcome of a match and I think that variation is needed for a game like DbD so matches dont become even more repetitive.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Killers have Mori. Survivors have keys.

    If anything I think keys are currently healthier than moris. Keys reward survivors for completing their objective. The more of the objective the better the survivors can be rewarded - up until a point of diminishing returns (all gens completed - whats the point of using the hatch?). Moris can reduce the work a killer carries out by well over 2/3rds (chases, health states, hook states, carrying to hook, etc) while severely crippling the opposition.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788087#Comment_788087

    If anything I think keys are currently healthier than moris. Keys reward survivors for completing their objective. The more of the objective the better the survivors can be rewarded - up until a point of diminishing returns (all gens completed - whats the point of using the hatch?). Moris can reduce the work a killer carries out by well over 2/3rds (chases, health states, hook states, carrying to hook, etc) while severely crippling the opposition.

    I agree that Moris are more powerful than keys. Whilst the killer has to, at the very least, hook each survivor at least once, it's easier to earn the mori opportunity over doing gens and finding the hatch.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think keys are fine right where they are. As others have pointed out, it's already rare to see someone with a key. And if you really don't want them using it, kill them at the earliest chance, or dodge the lobby. As for keys found in chests, just kill the person carrying it, or bring Franklin's Demise. Personally, if I get a key from a chest, I'll just hide it on the ground somewhere (where other survivors are unlikely to find it) and save it for later if needed.

    If keys get removed, then a lot of things on the killer's side should also be removed.

    There is no if.

    Key's and things like Mori's should be removed. The other things on that list being removed or not is irrelevent, they all need to go for their own independent reasons.