This is what is driving me away from the community

image.png

He did the DC exploit that allows you to keep your stuff instead of losing it when dying, he killed himself on second hook and did it so I sent him "Slow Claps" to get that



Never told for what I was reported for but this is starting to get really ridiculous as all I did was play Plague with BBQ, Ruin, TTS, and Corrupt with apple

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Set your messages to friend-only and save yourself sanity.

  • A lot of survivors reports killers for losing and uses camping and tunneling (mostly) as a defense (even though that's not bannable).

    The only thing you can really do is laugh at it and move on. They're just salty. If you know you did nothing wrong, then nothing's gonna happen. Some survivors just doesn't like to lose and they often blame the killer for losing.

  • @se05239 said:

    Set your messages to friend-only and save yourself sanity.

    That doesn't exist on Xbox sadly

    Only ps4/steam. On Xbox you have to block case by case

  • I honestly didn't know this was a thing until now, but have seen it sometimes on my friend's ps4. It's when a survivor disconnects on their final hook?

    @ChainsawCharlie said:

    Why do you care if he gets to keep his stuff or not? It doesn't effect you. When people DC I laugh because it tells me I'm doing my job well. Getting Rank 1 is easy for me so I don't care if his DC hurts my pipping either, cause Red ranks are very stressful to play killer anyway...

    You have get into the competitive spirit of things. If you get this sort of reaction, that means you pissed them off. So don't ALSO get angry. Take joy in the domination!!! Don't feel bad about it and stop trying to control other peoples' actions. All you can do is be the best killer you can be, and that will ALWAYS get DCs.

    I mean there's a reason the bloodweb / items disappearing on death exists...Survivors dcs wasting a killer's addons AND don't lose any of their spent BP on the match assuming they didn't use an offering?

    Imagine the worst-case scenario: multiple survivors bring in very strong toolboxes and rush gens, but if they're going to die they save their toolbox for the next match so they never have to worry about losing it - but since they have a near 20% boost on generators the chance they're dying is quite low so they don't have to worry about hitting the supposed DC threshold.

  • Dc's are being changed to a time out system so they will get better.

    It's best never to message people after a match like that. They probably saw it and realised them dcing got to you.

    Slow report could also be about themselves. They are expecting you to report them for dcing.

  • Have you messaged him first? Why tho? Seems like your goal was to trigger him and get any kind of salty reaction.

  • You can't really say the community is pushing you away when you clearly instigated the conversation, which from a outside point of view, you were being kind of a ass toward this guy.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787647#Comment_787647

    That doesn't exist on Xbox sadly

    Only ps4/steam. On Xbox you have to block case by case

    not true. its a pain to get there but you can do it. this game is the whole reason i figured out how to navigate to the settings.

  • I dont think it matters that he initiated the convo, he didnt report and wasnt toxic about it.

  • @Kerbert said:

    I dont think it matters that he initiated the convo, he didnt report and wasnt toxic about it.

    He was deliberately aggravating the guy after he'd just beaten him, though. Of course the response was salty. Probably should have left well enough alone.

  • @Mookywolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788653#Comment_788653

    not true. its a pain to get there but you can do it. this game is the whole reason i figured out how to navigate to the settings.

    It must be hidden extremely well then i searched all of the privacy settings 10x over and couldn't find that or a way to deny party invitations.

    Hopefully next year when next gen launches Microsoft makes their settings easier to find.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788758#Comment_788758

    It must be hidden extremely well then i searched all of the privacy settings 10x over and couldn't find that or a way to deny party invitations.

    Hopefully next year when next gen launches Microsoft makes their settings easier to find.

    yeah hopefully. if you do want to get there though, go to your Settings, Account, Privacy and online safety, Xbox live privacy, View details & customize, Communication & multiplayer, and then just change all the settings that say everybody to friends only... yeah, its a real pain to figure it out on your own :/

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/856/NMCDPTWXRD7V.png

    He did the DC exploit that allows you to keep your stuff instead of losing it when dying, he killed himself on second hook and did it so I sent him "Slow Claps" to get that

    Never told for what I was reported for but this is starting to get really ridiculous as all I did was play Plague with BBQ, Ruin, TTS, and Corrupt with apple

    You know you should just laugh at these things.

  • The most common rage messages I get is about McDonald’s WiFi or something like that

  • I wish PS4 had endgame chat. I am not adverse to acrimony.

  • If you msg someone talking crap you're just as big of a douche as he is for dcing.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    Why do you care if he gets to keep his stuff or not? It doesn't effect you. When people DC I laugh because it tells me I'm doing my job well. Getting Rank 1 is easy for me so I don't care if his DC hurts my pipping either, cause Red ranks are very stressful to play killer anyway...

    You have get into the competitive spirit of things. If you get this sort of reaction, that means you pissed them off. So don't ALSO get angry. Take joy in the domination!!! Don't feel bad about it and stop trying to control other peoples' actions. All you can do is be the best killer you can be, and that will ALWAYS get DCs.

    Players keeping equipment that they should have lost definitely affects the game.

  • Yup. The community for this game is absolutely disgusting.