I think it's a noob perk... because it doesn't work against actual good survivors they tend to communicate well and destroy totems. So it ends up just targeting bad ones. But it's still a very balanced perk that doesn't need changes nonetheless it's the survivors fault for falling into it if it activates in the long run anyways.
Its not that difficult to escape the killer at end game and if a team gets wiped by a NOED killer when all they needed to do is open the gates then that tells you more about the survivors than the killer.
But i find the perk balanced. NOED is dead weight until end game and a perk that makes you play 99% of the match without should be strong enough to justify the 1% time it activates.
personally? i see it simply as a perk. nothing more, nothing less. it shouldn't be classified as whether it's a perk for new players or not. this goes for many other meta perks that people disagree with as a whole.
The only instance I can see someone as a noob because of NOED is when a Myers runs it. He already has the potential to insta-down survivors if you manage EW properly, and he's even one of the few killers that gets add-ons which allow you to mori people, if the situation requires it.
A Myers running NOED doesn't trust his own abilities, therefore I see those players as noobs. But that's just my take on it.
I voted idk, since I just view it as a very bad perk.
I mean killers that use it, can only hope to achieve something against really bad survivors. Mediocre survivors will simply cleanse it and watch the desperation of the killer afterwards.
The killer sacrifices one slot for a hex that is situational at best. Once all gens are completed nobody has to do anything but get the doors open. So even when you hook somebody it is just more time for the survivors to cleanse that one totem and that is the reason why I and my friends do not bother with cleansing dull totems as that is time that you can use more efficient.
I think the perk needs some kind of rework, it doesn't help bad killers and it certainly isn't good as the counter to it is far too easy.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think it's a noob perk... because it doesn't work against actual good survivors they tend to communicate well and destroy totems. So it ends up just targeting bad ones. But it's still a very balanced perk that doesn't need changes nonetheless it's the survivors fault for falling into it if it activates in the long run anyways.
Its not that difficult to escape the killer at end game and if a team gets wiped by a NOED killer when all they needed to do is open the gates then that tells you more about the survivors than the killer.
But i find the perk balanced. NOED is dead weight until end game and a perk that makes you play 99% of the match without should be strong enough to justify the 1% time it activates.
personally? i see it simply as a perk. nothing more, nothing less. it shouldn't be classified as whether it's a perk for new players or not. this goes for many other meta perks that people disagree with as a whole.
i also agree with @Quol and @KillermainBTWm8!
:3
noob
The only instance I can see someone as a noob because of NOED is when a Myers runs it. He already has the potential to insta-down survivors if you manage EW properly, and he's even one of the few killers that gets add-ons which allow you to mori people, if the situation requires it.
A Myers running NOED doesn't trust his own abilities, therefore I see those players as noobs. But that's just my take on it.
I voted idk, since I just view it as a very bad perk.
I mean killers that use it, can only hope to achieve something against really bad survivors. Mediocre survivors will simply cleanse it and watch the desperation of the killer afterwards.
The killer sacrifices one slot for a hex that is situational at best. Once all gens are completed nobody has to do anything but get the doors open. So even when you hook somebody it is just more time for the survivors to cleanse that one totem and that is the reason why I and my friends do not bother with cleansing dull totems as that is time that you can use more efficient.
I think the perk needs some kind of rework, it doesn't help bad killers and it certainly isn't good as the counter to it is far too easy.