What Ethnicity is the Doctor?

It doesn't really matter. I'm just quite curios, I would love to know. Please don't just have an answer like oh he's black or he's white, don't bring the wikis into it as they are not always correct. With this being said, what ethnicity is Herman Carter The Doctor?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Idk, his name sounds very white.

  • I'm pretty sure he's African American....

    I could be wrong....

  • image.png

    African American, Just like @Boosted_Dwight stated.

  • It doesn't really mean anything to say 'wikis aren't always correct' unless you have any reason to think this particular one isn't. But it is.

    Mind you, he was supposed to be Chinese, but that was suddenly changed (take a guess why...)

  • Look it up and it says his nationality is African American

  • He's da real Indian.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    I'm pretty sure he's African American....

    I could be wrong....

    He was originally Asian surprisingly but I’m China they wouldn’t allow him to be Asian bcux the Doctor is based off a Chinese Serial killer so China made the devs change it so they’re game wouldn’t be banned from China

  • @Science_Guy said:

    It doesn't really mean anything to say 'wikis aren't always correct' unless you have any reason to think this particular one isn't. But it is.

    Mind you, he was supposed to be Chinese, but that was suddenly changed (take a guess why...)

    He was originally Asian surprisingly but In China they wouldn’t allow him to be Asian bcux the Doctor is based off a Chinese Serial killer so China made the devs change it so they’re game wouldn’t be banned from China

  • The cutscene from last Rift showed that he was african american...

    @Dcdiaz99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777411#Comment_777411

    He was originally Asian surprisingly but In China they wouldn’t allow him to be Asian bcux the Doctor is based off a Chinese Serial killer so China made the devs change it so they’re game wouldn’t be banned from China

    And that is just chinese corporatism. Cant have a Chinese man look bad, no sir.

  • @Science_Guy said:

    It doesn't really mean anything to say 'wikis aren't always correct' unless you have any reason to think this particular one isn't. But it is.

    Mind you, he was supposed to be Chinese, but that was suddenly changed (take a guess why...)

    I really don't know why. Can you explain?

  • bc the chinese gov doesnt like to point out bad things about them / shine bad light on china.Thats why hollywood alters films (fractions, symbols, ethnicity of villans etc) to pander to the chinese gov / market.

  • Well, this is a half a year old thread on a topic that came up three years ago, so my memory is probably quite off at this point. IIRC, he wasn't based off a serial killer, he was based off of some Chinese doctor with a controversial way of treating video game addiction. I assume Feng's backstory as a washed-out gamer was alluding to that, though I don't think the DBD killer was supposed to have anything to do with games. Either way, Fiv55 pretty much nailed the reason that didn't go over well.