The best way to get Mettle of Man

Ways to gain perk charges:

Get hit when:

-next to a dying survivor

-a survivor is carried

-attempting to unhook a survivor

(Take note until protection hits are better registered, regular types of taking hits will be more common and charges can only be registered once in any situation, and can be repeated of course)

Most useful build

- [MoM, Self Care, Iron Will, Light Weight]

(to ensure taking a hit during a carry makes it harder to track you)

If you prefer quicker healing, swap SC with Inner Strength

If aren't good at pin pointing a soon to be downed survivor's location, swap Light Weight with empathy.

Comments

  • Good advise for MoM users!

  • Thanks for the advice. I didn't know that you can get protection hit while beiing next to a dying survivor.

  • Easiest way to get MoM to proc would be to build a time machine and travel back before the nerf. Getting that perk to work NOW is pretty unlikely, lol.

  • @LordGlint said:

    Easiest way to get MoM to proc would be to build a time machine and travel back before the nerf. Getting that perk to work NOW is pretty unlikely, lol.

    I had someone use it against me, I actually guessed the way he was playing that he HAD to be trying MoM because he was playing so weirdly/badly.

    Well he got it activated, used it running for the gate and I got him again... then I let him go because I admired him for running it post nerf. Maybe this could be an archive thing?

  • When I wanted to use Mettle Of Man lately I used to run Were gonna live forever, MoM, Inner Strength and QnQ. Add a Medkit with the purple insta heal and all you have to do is take a hit when killer is carrying someone then insta heal, take another hit then go hop in locker. Now your one hit away from it working and are at full health

  • @Danielgdp3 said:

    When I wanted to use Mettle Of Man lately I used to run Were gonna live forever, MoM, Inner Strength and QnQ. Add a Medkit with the purple insta heal and all you have to do is take a hit when killer is carrying someone then insta heal, take another hit then go hop in locker. Now your one hit away from it working and are at full health

    All of you have to use is an instaheal, so you can ignore a hit later, wouldn’t it be better to just save the instaheal? I mean I see how you get 2 stacks of WGLF but that’s about it.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775478#Comment_775478

    I had someone use it against me, I actually guessed the way he was playing that he HAD to be trying MoM because he was playing so weirdly/badly.

    Well he got it activated, used it running for the gate and I got him again... then I let him go because I admired him for running it post nerf. Maybe this could be an archive thing?

    omg that would be the most brutal challenge EVER. Just imagine if everyone on your team were trying to get it to work.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775622#Comment_775622

    omg that would be the most brutal challenge EVER. Just imagine if everyone on your team were trying to get it to work.

    I actually thought that would be happening. Everyone just crowding the hook and taking hits but sadly it didnt.

    Has anyone any info on how the perks gonna be reworked? It should be possible to activate it more then once with the upcoming update but how?

  • @JiggleWiggle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775686#Comment_775686

    I actually thought that would be happening. Everyone just crowding the hook and taking hits but sadly it didnt.

    Has anyone any info on how the perks gonna be reworked? It should be possible to activate it more then once with the upcoming update but how?

    Seriously when I saw that change I was like, who managed to take enough hits to figure out MoM can’t activate twice? Had to be a farming meme game.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775743#Comment_775743

    Seriously when I saw that change I was like, who managed to take enough hits to figure out MoM can’t activate twice? Had to be a farming meme game.

    I laughed my ass off when I saw that buff. Thats like if they announce that they're gonna buff NOED so instead of doing double dmg...it does TRIPLE!!!!

  • @LordGlint said:

    Easiest way to get MoM to proc would be to build a time machine and travel back before the nerf. Getting that perk to work NOW is pretty unlikely, lol.

    Well...You're not wrong...

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775743#Comment_775743

    Seriously when I saw that change I was like, who managed to take enough hits to figure out MoM can’t activate twice? Had to be a farming meme game.

    Jup thats that so im very curious to see where this perk is going since its impossible to get 6 hits in a normal game only to neglect two other hits that should have downed you

  • @LordGlint said:

    Easiest way to get MoM to proc would be to build a time machine and travel back before the nerf. Getting that perk to work NOW is pretty unlikely, lol.

    I've activated it at least 25 times post nerf thanks to this build, but that's if I'm fortunate to have time to run to the survivor that was downed.

  • It makes zero sense to use this stupid perk now.

    Using it means getting a free hit once. But to activate it you need to take three hits. How does that make sense in any way, shape or form.

    And you even have a penalty after its activated!

    The perk is so worthless it's only worth running for the most extreme meme builds... and I say this as someone who regularly runs No Mither.

  • @Mochan said:

    It makes zero sense to use this stupid perk now.

    Using it means getting a free hit once. But to activate it you need to take three hits. How does that make sense in any way, shape or form.

    And you even have a penalty after its activated!

    The perk is so worthless it's only worth running for the most extreme meme builds... and I say this as someone who regularly runs No Mither.

    The ONLY use, I mean realistically even moderately useful, is to get it built up prior to Endgame so it can help you get yourself out or save someone. But DS or BT seem better for that and overall.

  • Incorrect on the survivor being carried


    Sometimes the game will give you protection 100, which is not considered a stack for MoM

  • @Hoodied said:

    Incorrect on the survivor being carried

    Sometimes the game will give you protection 100, which is not considered a stack for MoM

    There has never been a case for me where getting hit during a carry doesn't give a stack, unless you tried twice.

  • The best thing to do for you and your team is to not actually use Mettle of Man at all. The time you spend dinking around trying to get protection hits would be far better spent working on generators.

  • @THEghostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776183#Comment_776183

    There has never been a case for me where getting hit during a carry doesn't give a stack, unless you tried twice.

    I tried, and I got it when taking a hit a few seconds after a survivor was picked up


    Because BHVR

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776376#Comment_776376

    I tried, and I got it when taking a hit a few seconds after a survivor was picked up

    Because BHVR

    The biggest issue is that in one proc attempt, you'd only get one stack for that moment, so performing an insta-heal body block means nothing for MoM, because every hit after the first gives nothing. Did you know you can heal 99% and getting hit with active mom doesn't deplete it?