Was Leather ever good?

Aside from Nurse and thats because I play on console. I struggle to use Leathers power more than any killer in the game. Even with TWO "Moderate" charge boosts that claim to stack. His chainsaw charge just feels so insanely long and I always miss just as he is putting the saw down. I don't get how I am doing it wrong much less how you could use him with items that INCREASE THE CHARGE time.


I know his chilli add ons ACTUALLY don't do anything to him. Are his other add ons like that as well?


No wonder so many leathers get tempted into camping.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • The best Leatherfaces I go against on console seem to increase the manuverability of the Chainsaw.

    ...But even then they have a rough time.

  • His add ons suck. I swapped one charge add on for a speed add on and its not even noticeable. Trying the length one now but I doubt it matters.

    I know if this was real life the noise add ons would be obvious. But what ACTUAL function do they do? What benefit is there to the noise being lowered? I figured a delay in them realizing you're about to use the saw? But that doesn't seem right because its obvious when you're about to use it and they can also just see him raise it instantly....

  • Leatherface in his current state is only good for meme builds.

  • One of the beast Mark's and one priming bulb are prolly the best but you need to be on someone close to get them or mindgame them.

  • By the powers I don't actually have,

    Invested in me by no one,

    I now summon thee... @GrootDude

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    By the powers I don't actually have,

    Invested in me by no one,

    I now summon thee... @GrootDude

    I was about to as well. I contribute to your summoning.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    By the powers I don't actually have,

    Invested in me by no one,

    I now summon thee... @GrootDude

    What's better than one summons? Two... @Yamaoka

    There both the certified bubbas shall be here to destroy us with their facts and logic shortly XD

  • I like hooking someone, than using Insidious, then chainsawing the unhooker too. Then I still camp while the other guy bleeds on the floor. Make sure to use his "quiet chainsaw" addon. It's fun for you and Survivor and makes game healthy like good mamma cooked meal.

  • Bubba tips


    1. Use your chainsaw while either very close or right behind survivors.
    2. If you notice people going for a save, try to stop it. You’ll either scare the savior away or get one/both of them.
    3. Try to hug walls if survivors run around them but also stay far enough that you don’t become a rampaging bubba.
    4. Don’t be afraid to use your chainsaw at certain loops if you’re using speed add ons.
    5. His chainsaw speed add ons are his best add ons
    6. You can chainsaw through windows if a survivor is still vaulting


  • Since his release... no sadly... Nothings changed since his release so I can 100% say no, he's never really been the greatest to use.

    He was better than Freddy... was.

  • The time he was released was the worst time I've ever had on this game. Every single game was leatherface and they always camped lol

  • I'd argue old freddy was still better to use, a few perks and addons at least made slugging freddy a threat.

    but then you have bubba, who doesnt have a power if you're near a window and can be pallet looped to hell and back with nothing to assist against it.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    The time he was released is the worst time I've ever had on this game. Every single game was leatherface and they always camped lol


    lol I know, it's great!

  • Leatherface for the most part has always been the worst killer since his release. The only killer that comes to mind who might have been worse was PTB Ghost Face.

  • Leatherface is the only killer in the game that creates a 100% movement controlled "AOE death zone". That's -by definition- an overpowered concept for a game like DBD as he can "theoretically" down the entire survivor team in one swing.

    Now obviously the developers know something as powerful as this concept NEEDS to be limited by numerous factors otherwise they would quite simply break the game.

    Leatherface's (base) limiting factors are:

    - slow charge up time (2.1 seconds / 8.4 meters running distance for survivors by default)

    - speed penalty while charging/holding the chainsaw (86.25% movement speed by default)

    - slow acceleration which can't be noticeably altered by chili addons

    - slow top speed (126.5% during the chainsaw end-animation that can't down a survivor)

    - long tantrum when bumping into stuff (5 seconds / 20 meters running distance for survivors by default)

    - low chainsaw attack range of 15 meters (which allows survivors to outrun his base chainsaw by running around small objects and even some trees)


    And these are just his "chainsaw weaknesses". His overall weaknesses include lack of mobility/map pressure/gen defense/can be seen from across the map etc.


    Now you can improve his chainsaw attack to a certain agree using addons.


    If you use charge up addons / instasaw you will notice that people can still vault windows in time often because you'll lack movement speed during the chainsaw attack.

    If you use speed addons (speed addons increase his charge time by 12% each) you will notice that people can still vault windows often because you can't start the chainsaw attack in time.


    Using one charge addon and one speed addon is therefore advised for beginner-Bubbas. The Beast's marks + Carburetor Tuning Guide/Primer Bulb. It's nothing groundbreaking but it will allow you to get more chainsaw opportunities.


    Me and @GrootDude share the same opinion when it comes to his strongest addons. Bubba's strongest addons are his speed addons (combined). You may get an overall charge time of just over 2.6 seconds but it allows Bubba to chainsaw around small loops and zone people due to the increased speed AND chainsaw range (+0.5 meters for knife scratches and +1.3 meters for Beast's Marks).


    Due to the charge time of 2.6+ seconds (both speed addons) you need to know every vault and pallet location by heart however as you need to charge up your chainsaw as quickly as possibly to deny vaults but still within the (increased) range which takes some practice. That's why I suggest you try and practice with a combination of Beast's Marks and Primer Bulb/Tuning Guide to get used to using the chainsaw at increased distances.

  • You can try running play with your food for the speed boost/insta down

  • So I tried using both the speed add ons for him. The fact that it resulted in my best ever Leather match makes me hate him more than ever lol.

    So just to be clear. His base chainsaw run is so trash that its ACTUALLY better to stack two items to increase the speed AND charge time. Better than REDUCING the charge time.

    I thought his add ons sucked before. They really suck after realizing that.

    Seriously it was night and day. Suddenly I was actually able to hit people with the saw.