Are pallets slower?
I think the new pallet update is amazing because it gets rid of the void that sucked for killers but pallets feel slower. Maybe it’s just cause I’m used to the void but I feel like a lot of the time I’m performing the animation of throwing down I always get hit through pallets. Although it usually still stuns the killer it costs me a hit and I only have 2 hits in a chase. I have seen some people who also think pallets are slower. So are pallets slower like is it proven or do I just think they are slower because I’m used to the void?
Comments
Actual there’s a big with the stun, that keeps the killers active hurtbox for a second. I juked a leatherface in hospital, he tantrums near a pallet, I walk up to it, then slam the pallet. The slam pulled him to the center (for the stun animation) and instantly downed me through the completely thrown pallet. It’s a problem
I have had the same thing happen to me.
I believe there is now a small delay between pressing space and actually dropping the pallet.
Dunno if it's intentional or not, but for now drop them a little bit earlier than you usually would to compensate.
For most my experiences, throwing isn’t delayed, it’s the stun it inflicts that’s delayed. Allowing the killers attack to basically phase through a wall
Dunno if it's a delay or positioning thing, but they made it so you had to be completey out from underneath the pallet to throw it down, so standing full outside the pallet. So you kinda have to hit that sweet spot where you have to throw it down from, which could be the reason it feels slower? But not 100% sure. Just what it seems/feels like to me.
The hit boxes are kind of weird now in my experience. I get the logic that if you're still mid-animation and someone swings for you, they should hit you, but I've had moments where I've cleared the animation and been on my way and someone has hit me from the other side of a window/pallet.
There is no bug at all, your timing is just really bad if your getting hit through the pallet, try dropping sooner.
I'm being hit through pallet drops all the time, the reason I stopped using pallet loops and went to window jukes instead. Better results too.
Also, blame peer to peer and how dedicated servers are the #1 wishlist for almost every player
That is due to the network. The killer actually is already slighty closer to you thanit might seem. When I play killer, I never manage to hit a survivor after the stun, but it might look like that on their screen
Not just network. I’ve done it as killer, and totally gotten complete bullshit hits. Also, I stunned a leatherface IN TANTRUM and by me stunning him, he got sucked to the center of the pallet, but his hitbox remained active and downed me through the stun
From what I saw on the dev stream it is an issue with the animations. It is being re-worked as well as bringing back trap sabo to allow survivors to pass over them while you are breaking them. Another thing is being able to actually cancel the unhook without using the full grab animation. Just give them some time I would suggest.