Official Rift Survey

Use the survey to voice your complaints about the slow progress and overly difficult challenges in the Rift.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/J83Q56Z

Make our voices heard.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I gave my criticism, but also that i'm not against it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • @Boss said:

    I gave my criticism, but also that i'm not against it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    I did the same. Told them I want the time requirement and difficulty lowered but ultimately I want the pass.

  • I wrote about my concerns that later challenges might be too difficult, making completing the rift impossible.

    Everything else about it is perfect in my opinion

  • I voiced my concerns about how these things make it feel like a cash grab

    • Excessive grind that very few people have the time to complete
    • Time locked challenges
    • Challenges that detract so much from normal gameplay, many players will throw just to complete a quest
    • The ability to pay your way through the tiers because they know you can't grind your way through them without living an extremely unhealthy lifestyle and giving up your IRL commitments.

    I also noted that, from a business standpoint, it's probably a bad idea to reimburse every auric cell spent if they fix the grind.

    It's fine now because no one will ever make their money back but they'll go broke if they ever make a version of the rift that isn't an obvious scam. (Well, they won't go broke because they have many, many, many other sources of income but they will probably just break even on Rift content)

  • @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    I voiced my concerns about how these things make it feel like a cash grab

    • Excessive grind that very few people have the time to complete
    • Time locked challenges
    • Challenges that detract so much from normal gameplay, many players will throw just to complete a quest
    • The ability to pay your way through the tiers because they know you can't grind your way through them without living an extremely unhealthy lifestyle and giving up your IRL commitments.

    I also noted that, from a business standpoint, it's probably a bad idea to reimburse every auric cell spent if they fix the grind.

    It's fine now because no one will ever make their money back but they'll go broke if they ever make a version of the rift that isn't an obvious scam. (Well, they won't go broke because they have many, many, many other sources of income but they will probably just break even on Rift content)

    Or they could... you know... make it not a scam. By simply removing the Auric Cell rebate. There is MORE than enough content in the premium pass to be worth ten bucks.

    I'd rather spend the ten and actually be able to complete the pass and get what I paid for than to have the potential of getting Auric Cells back and the pass be uncompletable.

  • @Theoretical_Heart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757276#Comment_757276

    Or they could... you know... make it not a scam. By simply removing the Auric Cell rebate. There is MORE than enough content in the premium pass to be worth ten bucks.

    I'd rather spend the ten and actually be able to complete the pass and get what I paid for than to have the potential of getting Auric Cells back and the pass be uncompletable.

    I mean. That's basically what I said. If they fix the grind and make it into something that isn't an obvious scam, then they'd need to remove a lot of the auric cell rebate. Maybe not all but most of it.

  • @Theoretical_Heart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757197#Comment_757197

    I did the same. Told them I want the time requirement and difficulty lowered but ultimately I want the pass.

    What i'm hoping for is that they come out to say the current values on the PTB were set that high for reasons.

    Whatever reasons they are, it'd most likely turn into good news since we can then expect them to be lower in the live version.

  • @Theoretical_Heart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757197#Comment_757197

    I did the same. Told them I want the time requirement and difficulty lowered but ultimately I want the pass.

    same, I feel bad for casual players since it's unlikely a casual player will unlock everything without paying.

  • @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    I voiced my concerns about how these things make it feel like a cash grab

    • Excessive grind that very few people have the time to complete
    • Time locked challenges
    • Challenges that detract so much from normal gameplay, many players will throw just to complete a quest
    • The ability to pay your way through the tiers because they know you can't grind your way through them without living an extremely unhealthy lifestyle and giving up your IRL commitments.

    I also noted that, from a business standpoint, it's probably a bad idea to reimburse every auric cell spent if they fix the grind.

    It's fine now because no one will ever make their money back but they'll go broke if they ever make a version of the rift that isn't an obvious scam. (Well, they won't go broke because they have many, many, many other sources of income but they will probably just break even on Rift content)

    I doub't that, see for cosmetics they don't actually require any further work. So they pay once and can sell as many times as they want. Another thing i really dislike this "rarity" of the skins.

    Like how is anything rare ???

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757276#Comment_757276

    I doub't that, see for cosmetics they don't actually require any further work. So they pay once and can sell as many times as they want. Another thing i really dislike this "rarity" of the skins.

    Like how is anything rare ???

    I'm guessing you're responding to the "break even" part? I was more talking when interacting with individual customers but yeah, you're right overall.

    As for the cosmetic rarities, that does have a purpose. It's how much effort was required to make it. IE: The more they have to pay the artist, the rarer it is. That I'm fine with. I'm not fine with the fact that I have to damn near buy the game again for one outfit.

  • Gave my critism and concerns along with positives.

    My personal concerns.

    People actively not playing the actual objectives to do challenges instead.

    The grind, while grinding is fine overall for the rift and challenges i dont like perk dependent ones. Some players without perks and possibly buying from the shrine (may need to grind shards) or buy the dlc to get the perk (grind for teachable) still have to then grind for a chance of it to appear before then grinding for the challenge. Its adding more grind and I think they should be based of what people have currently to use in game more than needing something extra.

    Dcing issue can be problematic for some challenges where multiple kills in a match are needed. Adept achievements fell foul of this with some killers and it can cause a lot of frustration.

    I like the concept of it all and it looks promising but I feel it should be more accessible for the masses if they want to gain maximum sales for the passes.

    Might not be popular but maybe the auric cells being part of it is the main issue as they do need money coming in and not just having a one off payment indefinitely.

  • @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757312#Comment_757312

    I'm guessing you're responding to the "break even" part? I was more talking when interacting with individual customers but yeah, you're right overall.

    As for the cosmetic rarities, that does have a purpose. It's how much effort was required to make it. IE: The more they have to pay the artist, the rarer it is. That I'm fine with. I'm not fine with the fact that I have to damn near buy the game again for one outfit.

    Yes i was responding to the "break even" part.

    Thanks, it is indeed true and I didn't even look at it that way.

  • I put that it would take too long for alot of players to finish and the higher challenges are to ridiculous imo. There should be more choice also if you main a side cause you don't like playing the other or whatever reason fine, I think you should be able to pick whatever side you want to play on each challenge. The Devs gotta stop forcing people to play how and what they want for things, emblem system is proof of that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Gave my concerns and criticisms.

    My main gripe with challenges is that too many people will throw a match in order to complete certain objectives, which for the people who just want to play, is going to be frustrating, especially as solo survivor.

    I also gave my criticisms about the grind. Even in the best case scenario and completing all of the challenges, it will still take over 100 hours to complete the track. This is not factoring queue times, games that end prematurely, disconnections, etc. That's just... geez, that's a lot of time.

    Oh but hey, there's a solution! Just pay more money and you can skip all the grind!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/501/0ZNBJFE8JX2Q.png

    A company that by their own hand, has a problem in something they're selling, and then sells a solution to said problem? Yeah, that makes me very, very concerned.

    They do that with perks now so it's not looking good.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Gave my concerns and criticisms.

    My main gripe with challenges is that too many people will throw a match in order to complete certain objectives, which for the people who just want to play, is going to be frustrating, especially as solo survivor.

    I also gave my criticisms about the grind. Even in the best case scenario and completing all of the challenges, it will still take over 100 hours to complete the track. This is not factoring queue times, games that end prematurely, disconnections, etc. That's just... geez, that's a lot of time.

    Oh but hey, there's a solution! Just pay more money and you can skip all the grind!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/501/0ZNBJFE8JX2Q.png

    A company that by their own hand, has a problem in something they're selling, and then sells a solution to said problem? Yeah, that makes me very, very concerned.

    Why concerned? Snake Oils are amazing! Why I hear they can fix everything!