Ghostface Buff

Someone on one of the forums made the point that Ghostface's secondary power, crouch, is very underwhelming and that most of his add-ons aren't worth running. That got me thinking of a way to make his crouch and some of his add-ons more useful.

My idea -- While Ghostface is crouched, the Night Shroud recovery rate increases by 25 percent.

1. Reusable Cinch Straps -- Increases movement speed while crouched by 3.2 percent to 93.2 percent

Increases Night Shroud recovery rate while crouched by 10 percent

2. Leather Knife Sheath -- Increases movement speed while crouched by 6.5 percent to 96.5 percent

Increases Night Shroud recovery rate while crouched by 15 percent

3. Olsen's Address Book -- Increases Night Shroud recovery rate by 20 percent

Reduces Night Shroud recovery rate while crouched by 10 percent

4. Chewed Pen -- Increases Night Shroud recovery rate by 27 percent

Reduces Night Shroud recovery rate while crouched by 15 percent

This way you can still combine Olsen's Address Book and Chewed Pen to get his Night Shroud recovery time down to 17.52 seconds and now you can combine Reusable Cinch Straps and Leather Knife Sheath to get it down to 15 seconds, with the condition that you will need to be crouched, sacrificing movement speed and visibility for increased stealth.

This would give Ghostface players more tools to work with and more decisions to make, and allow his two not very helpful faster crouch speed add-ons to be used as an alternative way to play. 

Comments

  • Oooo interesting idea! Any ideas for Legion maybe?


    I like the buff for the crouch mostly cause It really isnt useful other than make you harder to see. Even the hitbox for the detection doesn't change much. It makes sense that acting more stealthy would MAKE you more stealthy.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    Oooo interesting idea! Any ideas for Legion maybe?

    I like the buff for the crouch mostly cause It really isnt useful other than make you harder to see. Even the hitbox for the detection doesn't change much. It makes sense that acting more stealthy would MAKE you more stealthy.

    Awesome! As for the Legion, I'll see if I can come up with anything; if I do, I'll let you know.

  • I like the ideas.

    I'd personally prefer improvements on his core kit more though.

    Currently his most optimal play style is to just completely ignore stalking in like 99% of circumstances and just keep using his power for the Undetectable to spread pressure.

    It feels like really bad design when the best way too play a killer is to essentially not even use their power. This is also a similar problem Pig has with her Ambush, but that's for another post.

  • @MongByeolBuddies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/753106#Comment_753106

    Awesome! As for the Legion, I'll see if I can come up with anything; if I do, I'll let you know.

    Thank you! I have a thread you can toss it in! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93454/a-simple-idea-for-legion-rework-buff-you-decide/p1

  • im okay with him being buffed after they fix the fact his power is either invincible during the match, or wont work at all

  • Alright I just posted my idea -- both to your forum and as a new discussion. Hope you like it!

  • @Blueberry said:

    I like the ideas.

    I'd personally prefer improvements on his core kit more though.

    Currently his most optimal play style is to just completely ignore stalking in like 99% of circumstances and just keep using his power for the Undetectable to spread pressure.

    It feels like really bad design when the best way too play a killer is to essentially not even use their power. This is also a similar problem Pig has with her Ambush, but that's for another post.

    Thanks! I might be in the minority on this, but I actually like Ghostface and have a lot of fun playing him. My main gripe is just the lack of add-ons comparable to the increased Night Shroud recovery rate ones and the fact that crouch, at least for me, isn't very useful.

  • @MongByeolBuddies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/753496#Comment_753496

    Alright I just posted my idea -- both to your forum and as a new discussion. Hope you like it!

    AHHH ITS SO GOOD

  • @MongByeolBuddies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/753447#Comment_753447

    Thanks! I might be in the minority on this, but I actually like Ghostface and have a lot of fun playing him. My main gripe is just the lack of add-ons comparable to the increased Night Shroud recovery rate ones and the fact that crouch, at least for me, isn't very useful.

    Also, guess who my second favorite Killer is? Ghost Face!

  • @MongByeolBuddies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/753447#Comment_753447

    Thanks! I might be in the minority on this, but I actually like Ghostface and have a lot of fun playing him. My main gripe is just the lack of add-ons comparable to the increased Night Shroud recovery rate ones and the fact that crouch, at least for me, isn't very useful.

    Oh I love him as well, I just think he needs improvements. I totally agree with you about the crouch. A lot of time it feels like it's lacking a purpose. I think your changes would be nice to improve it with the addons. I'd kinda like if there was a tiny bit of increased recovery while crouched at base too.

  • @PlagueDocta said:

    I don`t think addons need to be buffed. I personally think that his base power needs to be changed. Having "chewed pen" cd reduction as default would be a nice improvement to his power.

    I would also like if they reworked reveal mechanic. So it doesn`t cancel the whole power, but instead doesn`t allow you to stalk a certain survivor for a period of time and old CD reduction addons would instead reduce amount of time you can`t stalk a survivor that has revealed you.

    It would be cool if they changed his U/R addons. Tape is boring and Camera is useless most of the time.

    For example: Tape will increase amount of time it takes to mark a survivor to 30 (20) seconds, but mark is permanent and doesn`t fade away after survivor was hooked or downed OR you can instantly kill marked survivor by your own hand (similar to shape).

    Camera will reveal all survivors' auras outside your terror radius for 4 seconds when you activate night shroud OR will reveal marked survivor's auras for the duration of the mark.

    This sounds nice!

  • Yes, buff Ghostface ! You hear his footsteps .. lol, I can not even hear the survivors!