Decisive Strike

Let me preface this by saying that I believe DS is in a very good spot at the moment. Obviously, this shouldn't be high up on the devs priority list, as I think there are FAR more important issues to be addressed first. That being said, Decisive Strike is an anti-tunneling perk. However, if a Killer is very efficient or if the Survivor is...aggressive, you can still be hit by it even if you are not intending to tunnel. Obviously, the main counter to this is to slug. While that is a good point, the Killer shouldn't be denied a hook due to a Survivor playing poorly.

Again, this shouldn't be high up on the list, but I propose that Decisive Strike be changed so that it will reset whenever a new Survivor is hooked. In compensation for this, allow it to trigger on both hook stages. That way, for the people who legitimately do not try to tunnel excessively, it has no effect on them. The people who do, however, it will hurt them more.

I personally, do not think there is anything wrong with tunneling. I do recognize that it is NOT a very fun way to play the game, sort of like how rushing through gens is not exactly fun. That being said, what do you guys think?

Comments

  • If theres survivors all around the hook, why would I go anywhere? If the survivors are smart & go do gens I'll get bored and leave to go find someone else. Camping works if the survivors are dumb, its that simple. BBQ&chili also tells me theyre close if i dont see an aura when i hook someone, I know about lockers, doubt all 3 remaining get inside one at the same time. And I dont care about pips, at all. Whatever happens, so be It.

  • If a killer is downing a survivor within 60 seconds of them being unhooked I am sorry but that is tunnelling. Your method could easily be abused by downing the unhooked survivor and then hook the person who unhooked them.

  • @Irvin said:

    If a killer is downing a survivor within 60 seconds of them being unhooked I am sorry but that is tunnelling. Your method could easily be abused by downing the unhooked survivor and then hook the person who unhooked them.

    "Downing the unhooked Survivor, then hooking the person who unhooked them."


    That isn't tunneling. You seem to have zero idea of what you are talking about. Define tunneling for me, please?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737875#Comment_737875

    "Downing the unhooked Survivor, then hooking the person who unhooked them."

    That isn't tunneling. You seem to have zero idea of what you are talking about. Define tunneling for me, please?

    "Tunnelling" is when the killer chooses to go for the person they hooked immediately after they are unhooked.

  • @Irvin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737885#Comment_737885

    "Tunnelling" is when the killer chooses to go for the person they hooked immediately after they are unhooked.

    Then your example isn't tunneling. His priority was clearly the unhooker. If the unhooker made a stupid play by unhooking someone without Borrowed right in front of the Killer, that is ENTIRELY on them.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738373#Comment_738373

    Then your example isn't tunneling. His priority was clearly the unhooker. If the unhooker made a stupid play by unhooking someone without Borrowed right in front of the Killer, that is ENTIRELY on them.

    My example was a DS counter, down the person who was unhooked. Slug them, hook the person who unhooked and then come back and hook the original survivor. If the killer wants to choose this tactic then they should have to either risk the DS or wait the full time.

  • @THEFREAK420 said:

    If theres survivors all around the hook, why would I go anywhere? If the survivors are smart & go do gens I'll get bored and leave to go find someone else. Camping works if the survivors are dumb, its that simple. BBQ&chili also tells me theyre close if i dont see an aura when i hook someone, I know about lockers, doubt all 3 remaining get inside one at the same time. And I dont care about pips, at all. Whatever happens, so be It.

    all most everybody uses bbq+chili. just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are all close by. to hide from bbq+chili you can hide behind hooks and gens, not just lockers. after those 4 seconds survivors move from hiding place, you'll more than likely bump into them if you give it a go. or if you think they are close by within 40m then go look for them, don't hover at the hook. if you don't like pips, is it because you like annoying people and ruining there fun?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737875#Comment_737875

    "Downing the unhooked Survivor, then hooking the person who unhooked them."

    That isn't tunneling. You seem to have zero idea of what you are talking about. Define tunneling for me, please?

    that is camping!

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738373#Comment_738373

    Then your example isn't tunneling. His priority was clearly the unhooker. If the unhooker made a stupid play by unhooking someone without Borrowed right in front of the Killer, that is ENTIRELY on them.

    it is tunneling whether borrowed time is used or not!

  • @bomb1720 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737295#Comment_737295

    all most everybody uses bbq+chili. just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are all close by. to hide from bbq+chili you can hide behind hooks and gens, not just lockers. after those 4 seconds survivors move from hiding place, you'll more than likely bump into them if you give it a go. or if you think they are close by within 40m then go look for them, don't hover at the hook. if you don't like pips, is it because you like annoying people and ruining there fun?

    Yeah, doubtful. If no one shows up on BBQ, there is a VERY high chance that at least one of them is near.

  • No, it isn't. If I start to walk away, and someone comes and unhooks you, is that camping?

  • @bomb1720 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738600#Comment_738600

    it is tunneling whether borrowed time is used or not!

    I'm not letting someone get away for free. If you have Borrowed, I'll get the other guy

  • I think it would be better if DS stopped once you touched something or did something (save, did gens, did a totem) since that would mean you got enough time to get away and possibly regroup or get healed. It doesn't matter if a killer is 'efficient'. If he comes back to tunnel a person unhooked, there should be some sort of punishment for it, even if in perk form. And if they decide to slug, that shouldn't be a counter. You shouldn't be able to wait out the timer. You can still use the slug as pressure 'cause someone still needs to come over to heal them.

  • @fluffymareep said:

    I think it would be better if DS stopped once you touched something or did something (save, did gens, did a totem) since that would mean you got enough time to get away and possibly regroup or get healed. It doesn't matter if a killer is 'efficient'. If he comes back to tunnel a person unhooked, there should be some sort of punishment for it, even if in perk form. And if they decide to slug, that shouldn't be a counter. You shouldn't be able to wait out the timer. You can still use the slug as pressure 'cause someone still needs to come over to heal them.

    So, the Killer gets punished for being good? Seems fair.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739051#Comment_739051

    So, the Killer gets punished for being good? Seems fair.

    A killer who needs to tunnel and kick down the weak isn't good. You're picking off the easy targets. There should be some sort of downside towards targeting someone who was just on the hook and if you happen to down two people, you're disabling one person's DS even when the hooks are right next to each other. If they're disabled if they touch a gen, do a totem, get a save, it would mean they would have enough to regroup. To look around, etc. And that's on top of the 60 second wait time.

    If there's some sort of counter to someone cheesing the perk from the survivor's side, it needs to do its intended purpose better, though. That would mean pausing the timer if slugged.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738901#Comment_738901

    No, it isn't. If I start to walk away, and someone comes and unhooks you, is that camping?

    if you make sure the hooked can not get rescued, it is camping. if for example billy does a mad dash from hook, pretending to go after someone, then does a mad dash back to hook, hovering around the hook, that is camping. who ever goes after the rescued they are a tunneler.

  • anyway i have an idea to stop tunneling, hopefuly camping too, ds would not be needed. i will mention this in new discussion hopefuly tomorrow!

  • @fluffymareep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739056#Comment_739056

    A killer who needs to tunnel and kick down the weak isn't good. You're picking off the easy targets. There should be some sort of downside towards targeting someone who was just on the hook and if you happen to down two people, you're disabling one person's DS even when the hooks are right next to each other. If they're disabled if they touch a gen, do a totem, get a save, it would mean they would have enough to regroup. To look around, etc. And that's on top of the 60 second wait time.

    If there's some sort of counter to someone cheesing the perk from the survivor's side, it needs to do its intended purpose better, though. That would mean pausing the timer if slugged.

    So, by your logic, if I go for the weak player on the team that cannot loop, I should be punished?

  • @bomb1720 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739007#Comment_739007

    if you make sure the hooked can not get rescued, it is camping. if for example billy does a mad dash from hook, pretending to go after someone, then does a mad dash back to hook, hovering around the hook, that is camping. who ever goes after the rescued they are a tunneler.

    Ummm, no. If I see someone near the hook, I'm not leaving, that'd be idiotic. I'm not letting them get a free save. If the person who got unhooked runs into me, is that tunneling?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739083#Comment_739083

    So, by your logic, if I go for the weak player on the team that cannot loop, I should be punished?

    You're reaching. You can believe what you want, but it isn't my problem if you can't read.

    Also your idea isn't good. You're suggesting more worthless perks.

  • @fluffymareep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739426#Comment_739426

    You're reaching. You can believe what you want, but it isn't my problem if you can't read.

    Also your idea isn't good. You're suggesting more worthless perks.

    Just like it isn't my problem that you cannot defend your argument, hence why you ignored my point.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739469#Comment_739469

    Just like it isn't my problem that you cannot defend your argument, hence why you ignored my point.

    I've defended my argument and you're latching onto stuff that doesn't matter and repeating yourself like a broken record. If you go after someone who's weak in chase, that's expected. If you tunnel someone out of the game because they were the injured one, that's kinda cruel. Makes it so they don't get points and it's in many cases the option that is the easiest. DS was reworked into a perk that would supposedly counter that and you're asking to make it an MoM.2. We don't need worthless perks.

    I gave a suggestion that would make the perk (that you're wasting a slot in hopes of countering tunneling) balanced while making it so that you won't get punished by someone who just bum rushed the hook or jumped on the gen instead of getting healed and somehow you want more? I'm honestly not sure if you're even reading what I'm saying. Should I make a TL;DR for you?

  • @fluffymareep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739484#Comment_739484

    I've defended my argument and you're latching onto stuff that doesn't matter and repeating yourself like a broken record. If you go after someone who's weak in chase, that's expected. If you tunnel someone out of the game because they were the injured one, that's kinda cruel. Makes it so they don't get points and it's in many cases the option that is the easiest. DS was reworked into a perk that would supposedly counter that and you're asking to make it an MoM.2. We don't need worthless perks.

    I gave a suggestion that would make the perk (that you're wasting a slot in hopes of countering tunneling) balanced while making it so that you won't get punished by someone who just bum rushed the hook or jumped on the gen instead of getting healed and somehow you want more? I'm honestly not sure if you're even reading what I'm saying. Should I make a TL;DR for you?

    *sees worthless perks.... looks at Killer Perks* Mhmm...

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739522#Comment_739522

    *sees worthless perks.... looks at Killer Perks* Mhmm...

    Tbh we need to nerf monstrous shrine.




    /s

  • Why not Spies from the Shadows while we are it? Oh and Beast of Prey...

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/740062#Comment_740062

    Why not Spies from the Shadows while we are it? Oh and Beast of Prey...

    AHA, Territorial Imperative.

  • Also Insidious, Mindbreaker, and Predator.

    You know, that one scratch mark perk that actively hurts you?

1 2 ›