How long until dedicated servers are turned off?

the gameplay experience with the dedicated servers is much worse than the regular peer to peer, I know it is important to test the servers to improve them but unless they get much better they will not be ready by fall and should be delayed again. bad dedicated servers will kill this game. but atm with them up on PC with the experience I had I am refusing to play anymore until they are turned off. anyone know how long this test will last?

Comments

  • Pretty sure they're off right now.

    Edit: Unless they were turned back on recently and I didn't notice... hmm

  • They're live on switch and the game plays fine. I never noticed a problem with survivor or killer.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    Pretty sure they're off right now.

    they've been turned on for the live build on PC for further testing.

  • not soon enough

  • I don't know why they'd ever turn them off if the majority has a positive experience.

    If its still bad for most then sure.

  • @StardustSpeedway said:

    They're live on switch and the game plays fine. I never noticed a problem with survivor or killer.

    switch is a much different platform than PC

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    I don't know why they'd ever turn them off if the majority has a positive experience.

    If its still bad for most then sure.

    most of the feedback I have read and seen is "they are better but still bad" im not the only one not playing until they turn off dedicated servers.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/730550#Comment_730550

    most of the feedback I have read and seen is "they are better but still bad" im not the only one not playing until they turn off dedicated servers.

    The only people you will see complain are the people that are having a bad time, doesn't make them a majority. The people complaining probably live far from a server. I have had zero issues whatsoever here on the west coast.

  • I'm less than 200 miles from a server and I can assure you, thats not the issue. If anything, getting matched with other people who AREN'T close to the server is whats doing it. The animations desync like crazy and there's no way to tell anymore if the rollback is going to be decent or awful