Fix stuff on console plz or I'll cry😭 and bring in Franklin's into most of my matches.

I'm sick and tired of trying to run in a basic line hugging the wall only to get stuck on something which I made sure I moved out of the way from.

It feels like the more wide the Survivor it is the more often it happens. Could just be a latency thing with the killer but it just ruins a chase when it completely stops you in place because you ran a little too close to the wall or a corner of a barrel or whatever.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • it seems like you get stuck wayyyyy to easy on objects

  • Collision is very strange. I was running around a Coldwind loop and got stuck on nothing :/

  • I would play Claudette and it'll hardly happen unless the killer has a bad connection. Whenever I play a burly man like Jake or Ash it's almost once per match. I just got Ash's new outfit and he's now extremely wide and I'm convinced that his hitbox is widened too I'm getting stuck on everything. Well everything is a bit of an exaggeration but it's so annoying.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    I'm sick and tired of trying to run in a basic line hugging the wall only to get stuck on something which I made sure I moved out of the way from.

    It feels like the more wide the Survivor it is the more often it happens. Could just be a latency thing with the killer but it just ruins a chase when it completely stops you in place because you ran a little too close to the wall or a corner of a barrel or whatever.

    Sounds like hitbox collision not matching up with the visuals of the object and not the controls.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/92317/fix-controls-on-console

    Sounds like hitbox collision not matching up with the visuals of the object and not the controls.

    Sounds like you're right. I hope dedicated servers fix it when they come out. Also if they don't fix grabs I'm gonna lose my poop.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729044#Comment_729044

    Sounds like you're right. I hope dedicated servers fix it when they come out. Also if they don't fix grabs I'm gonna lose my poop.

    Yes I hope grabs get fixed as I have had far to many grabs stolen from me.

    I don't think dedicated servers will have an effect on this issue because it isn't really a "latency" thing.They would need to tightened up the actually physical hitboxes of items/object to fix that issue. If you program a car with a 2m width but put a 2.5m jagged hitbox on it then that programmed car will always spawn as such. It needs to be manually adjusted/scaled to have the hitbox reflect the visual of the item.

  • You monster.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729054#Comment_729054

    Yes I hope grabs get fixed as I have had far to many grabs stolen from me.

    I don't think dedicated servers will have an effect on this issue because it isn't really a "latency" thing.They would need to tightened up the actually physical hitboxes of items/object to fix that issue. If you program a car with a 2m width but put a 2.5m jagged hitbox on it then that programmed car will always spawn as such. It needs to be manually adjusted/scaled to have the hitbox reflect the visual of the item.

    There's a reason why you're a MegaWaffle and not an ordinary Waffle. Very insightful and interesting point made again.

  • That's not controls. That's a clipping issue on map objects. They need to make their clips less jagged and more smooth so that players that run against them don't get caught on corners.

  • That title change has me concerned :O

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    That title change has me concerned :O

    It'll be fine...after I gather 7 toolboxes, 5 flashlights and a medkit from Survivors 😈

  • What I'm concerned with is frame rate, specifically during things like becoming exposed or gaining bloodlust. The frames take a huge hit whenever something like this happens, and if you're running around a loop as Demogorgon or Trapper you constantly lose frames because of the glowing portal/trap indicator disappearing and reappearing like the game can't handle it, although because it's console, they most likely won't be able to do much about it.