GhostFace's reveal mechanic is fine (Explanation)

People say that they reveal ghostface sometimes when not looking towards him, but that is because his reveal is actually extended when he gets out of view


When revealing GF, the reveal sound you hear extends for .3 seconds after ducking or getting out of view, meaning you actually have 1.2 seconds to hide after being spotted by a survivor before being revealed.


You are welcome

Comments

  • Have you ever had a Mexican Stand-off with a Ghostface? The survivor always loses :-P

    I can be staring and standing right in-front of him while he is staking me, I aint knocking him out of his shroud, but he for sure is one tapping me to the ground.

  • @will_i_am_14_85 said:

    Have you ever had a Mexican Stand-off with a Ghostface? The survivor always loses :-P

    I can be staring and standing right in-front of him while he is staking me, I aint knocking him out of his shroud, but he for sure is one tapping me to the ground.

    Yes I have actually, was he crouched or also standing?

  • I know it's a thing. But I don't think it should be.

  • Probably standing, is there something I am not understanding about how to knock him out of his Shroud? Now whenever I see a Ghostface I just run XD

  • That's not what the problem is.

  • @will_i_am_14_85 said:

    Probably standing, is there something I am not understanding about how to knock him out of his Shroud? Now whenever I see a Ghostface I just run XD

    Ghostface standing has a normal box for reveal, crouching make it harder to reveal him

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    I know it's a thing. But I don't think it should be.

    I have to agree, but reduce it to 2 seconds instead of 3, to prevent players from simply getting behind a wall and become almost impossible to reveal him on maps with alot of walls

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    That's not what the problem is.

    I am aware, the issue is revealing boxes, which shuffle around when he moves I believe (I could be wrong)

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725463#Comment_725463

    I have to agree, but reduce it to 2 seconds instead of 3, to prevent players from simply getting behind a wall and become almost impossible to reveal him on maps with alot of walls

    I'd just replace that aspect of the mechanic entirely.

    Instead of having the timer continue just have it gradually remove reveal progress over a longer duration. Or just pause the reveal progress without having it continue progressing during that time.

    So if you have 1.3 seconds of progress, and then he ducks behind a wall for 0.5 seconds, then you'd only have to look for 0.8 seconds to finish revealing him instead of resetting it to 1.5 again.

  • Having a lot of walls makes it harder to stalk too. So it's a double edged sword.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725469#Comment_725469

    I'd just replace that aspect of the mechanic entirely.

    Instead of having the timer continue just have it gradually remove reveal progress over a longer duration. Or just pause the reveal progress without having it continue progressing during that time.

    So if you have 1.3 seconds of progress, and then he ducks behind a wall for 0.5 seconds, then you'd only have to look for 0.8 seconds to finish revealing him instead of resetting it to 1.5 again.

    I would be fine with this

  • Best way to mess with survivors trying to expose you?


    Spam Crouch repeatedly while stalking them, even if they are able to quickly adjust their screen, it will buy you just a little bit more time to maybe complete the exposed status


    Heck sometimes it completely throws them off

  • @BlueFang said:

    Best way to mess with survivors trying to expose you?

    Spam Crouch repeatedly while stalking them, even if they adjust it will buy you just a little bit more time to maybe complete the exposed status

    Heck sometimes it completely throws them off

    Ah I see you are a man of culture

  • GF detection is definitely somewhat bug

    2 Days Ago On Blood Lodge went against GF I got exposed through the TIRES NOT Joking on Blood Lodge while He was standing up and crouching behind a truck :/

    I out ran his Exposed and later on he tried again this time I ran directly to him stared directly into his face and it did not break him out, but I surely got exposed though.

  • @MissGamer456 said:

    GF detection is definitely somewhat bug

    2 Days Ago On Blood Lodge went against GF I got exposed through the TIRES NOT Joking on Blood Lodge while He was standing up and crouching behind a truck :/

    I out ran his Exposed and later on he tried again this time I ran directly to him stared directly into his face and it did not break him out, but I surely got exposed though.

    You stared as his face, not torso

    and the tires have cracks my friend

  • @will_i_am_14_85 said:

    Have you ever had a Mexican Stand-off with a Ghostface? The survivor always loses :-P

    I can be staring and standing right in-front of him while he is staking me, I aint knocking him out of his shroud, but he for sure is one tapping me to the ground.

    But he was standing in the open, right? Cause you can't break Ghost Face out of his ability if he is peeking around a corner.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725451#Comment_725451

    But he was standing in the open, right? Cause you can't break Ghost Face out of his ability if he is peeking around a corner.

    In a Mexican stand off there wouldn't be one person crouching behind a rock lol

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725451#Comment_725451

    But he was standing in the open, right? Cause you can't break Ghost Face out of his ability if he is peeking around a corner.

    Pretty sure I've been detected from round a corner. My first stalk is always on a gen and am sure I've been broken out of it?

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725585#Comment_725585

    In a Mexican stand off there wouldn't be one person crouching behind a rock lol

    Oh yeah right lol. Would be funny though.

  • My only real issue with Ghostface is that since they buffed stalk, he can practically always expose you.

    It is starting to show at purple/red ranks where everyone has been playing with him since the rework/release.

  • @Supernaut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725585#Comment_725585

    Pretty sure I've been detected from round a corner. My first stalk is always on a gen and am sure I've been broken out of it?

    Yeah maybe it's possible if survivors see enough of your Ghostface's body. I donÄt know, it seems inconsistent. Buf if you just see the head of Ghostface peaking past cover, I believe you aren't supposed to be able to reveal him.