Have they decreased the amount of pips you lose when you disconnect

I've noticed that when you disconnect from a match you only lose one pip instead of two. I got disconnected as a survivor due to an internet error, I came back to see that I only lost one pip. Then when I was playing killer, a survivor disconnected because I chainsawed them as Hillbilly. As I didn't want to waste my time playing a 3v1, I disconnected from the game. Again, I only lost one pip.

If this is the case I assume it's to make deranking harder. However, in my opinion by reducing the amount of pips you lose through disconnecting is removing the deterrent of disconnecting. As when I play solo survivor I already see a lot of survivors disconnecting because due to it being a killer they don't like (mostly the Spirit). I know most people don't care about rank, but losing two pips if you disconnect deterred me from disconnecting.

Comments

  • Yes they made it so you only lose one i dont think it was in the patch notes but pretty sure it's to combat dcing to derank.

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    I've noticed that when you disconnect from a match you only lose one pip instead of two. I got disconnected as a survivor due to an internet error, I came back to see that I only lost one pip. Then when I was playing killer, a survivor disconnected because I chainsawed them as Hillbilly. As I didn't want to waste my time playing a 3v1, I disconnected from the game. Again, I only lost one pip.

    If this is the case I assume it's to make deranking harder. However, in my opinion by reducing the amount of pips you lose through disconnecting is removing the deterrent of disconnecting. As when I play solo survivor I already see a lot of survivors disconnecting because due to it being a killer they don't like (mostly the Spirit). I know most people don't care about rank, but losing two pips if you disconnect deterred me from disconnecting.

    You're a rarity, then, I think, because a lot of survivors want to derank and so a double de-pip encouraged them to disconnect. The change was done on purpose, and I'm pretty sure that's why.

  • still double depip as killer when dcing maybe it's a bug or a survivor only thing

  • even if they did it to stop de ranking people will still do it, it will just take 2x more games. when i de rank i just pop open some youtube videos and stuff or even play another game with DBD in the background looking for a game