The Killer Propaganda that Killers are Useless at Red Ranks

Can we please put this nonsense to rest? I don't know who started it, probably some hack Killer Main Streamer who is preaching his sheep followers the gospel, but I've been playing in Red Ranks a lot during this event and the past few weeks and all I can say is, I see far more survivors getting destroyed by any and all killers at the red ranks.

Sure, I may be solo queue, but I also got into a few SWF teams here and there judging by the names of the survivors (ran into a 3-Man group with names Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point and Microsoft Access once). They all still get destroyed by killers like Wraith, Trapper, and Plague.

Seriously, any killer is viable even in the red ranks. The number of times we escape all four of us is exceedingly rare, and most of the time only one escapes, or we end up in 4Ks. It's seriously not just The Big Three that can cut it in the Red Ranks.

I'm sure there are powerful SWF Commando Squads that can beat even good Nurses or Spirits, but those are very, very rare I am sure.

Comments

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725125#Comment_725125

    And that paragraph is how it should be, which many people don't seem to understand. They say "I can't 12 hook 4k these really strong, good survivors with my legion! IMBA!" It's like...of course you can't? The thing is, every killer has the potential (yes, every killer) to at least tie even the best SWF teams (if that killer is one of the best too), and plays well in that game.

    Unfortunately this ranking system has squewed many killer's views of what a win and a loss is. Yes, some of the lower tier killers could use some maintenence, but acting like killers are getting hard bullied is a flat out lie. The best killers are able to perform against the best survivors. Period. One of the streamers I would recommend you people watch is Sal-gu. Go watch him handle those big bad skilled SWF groups.

    All the doom and gloom from unskilled killer players is getting so old.

    This guy gets it.

    I've personally always thought certain killers should just be tied to certain maps personally. Some struggle mainly because of maps they are placed in.

  • @Regionlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725152#Comment_725152

    This guy gets it.

    I've personally always thought certain killers should just be tied to certain maps personally. Some struggle mainly because of maps they are placed in.

    Nomen est Omen?

    In the 3year anniversary Stream they mentioned about changing the Killer Ranks so that there is a ranking between each Killer and not all of the Killers. This would be really cool, because then someone who is not that good with a certain Killer, can play this Killer in a more relaxed environment. Someone can be a really good Spirit, but a not so good Hag, but will not get stomped when playing a Killer they are not familiar with.

    Furthermore, people who are playing weaker Killers but are not dedicating themselves to those weaker Killers, will not rank up as high as people who only play that one Killer, meaning that the latter will match Survivors which are at a higher Rank than those who are only playing a Killer casually.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725162#Comment_725162

    Nomen est Omen?

    In the 3year anniversary Stream they mentioned about changing the Killer Ranks so that there is a ranking between each Killer and not all of the Killers. This would be really cool, because then someone who is not that good with a certain Killer, can play this Killer in a more relaxed environment. Someone can be a really good Spirit, but a not so good Hag, but will not get stomped when playing a Killer they are not familiar with.

    Furthermore, people who are playing weaker Killers but are not dedicating themselves to those weaker Killers, will not rank up as high as people who only play that one Killer, meaning that the latter will match Survivors which are at a higher Rank than those who are only playing a Killer casually.

    I agree with him on his previous comment, but idk about the separate ranking thing. It sounds cool, but once you are experience enough with one M1 killer it isn't that hard to pick up a new one. As long as those who rank up one M1 killer to rank 1 start off at like 10 on a fresh one I see no major issue, but 20 is pushing it, lol.

  • @altruistic said:

    I played 50 games at R1 solo last season and kept track of every stat.

    I am a 5000 hour player since beta, and have primarily played survivor.

    I have over 9400 escapes and 36000+ saves off the hook. I’ve played Survivor, a lot.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fmwuhlmag8s32myoqtKQvCxneF5WNWhRvE4bz6pWfRQ

    I only escaped 22/50 games or 44%.

    21/50 games were 4K’s or 41% of the time.

    Killers in a better place than it ever has been. Players here are just bad, for the most part.

    The beginning of that post sounds so much like the Navy Seal copypasta that I can't stop laughing

  • @BlueFang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722864#Comment_722864

    The beginning of that post sounds so much like the Navy Seal copypasta that I can't stop laughing

    Just to give some info about my playtime. I’m not a new player by any means.

  • @altruistic said:

    I played 50 games at R1 solo last season and kept track of every stat.

    I am a 5000 hour player since beta, and have primarily played survivor.

    I have over 9400 escapes and 36000+ saves off the hook. I’ve played Survivor, a lot.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fmwuhlmag8s32myoqtKQvCxneF5WNWhRvE4bz6pWfRQ

    I only escaped 22/50 games or 44%.

    21/50 games were 4K’s or 41% of the time.

    Killers in a better place than it ever has been. Players here are just bad, for the most part.

    When people say killers aren't viable than they mean against really good or optimal survivor teams. Doesn't necessarily mean they are bad. It depends on the killer in the end though. Killers in general are in a good spot though, there are a nice amount of viable killers in my opinion. But when people complain about killers like Clown or Wraith, it's probably not because they are bad.

1 2 ›