New survivor perk: photosynthesis

When near a light source all exhaustion perks recharge 5%/10%/15% faster. This could stack with "Vigil" for total of 30% or -12s if standing still under a light source for the entire duration.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • 10%/20%/30%? also that rounds to 20 seconds of exhaustion chopped off so idk

  • @8obot1c said:

    10%/20%/30%? also that rounds to 20 seconds of exhaustion chopped off so idk

    Big mistake I used the numbers for something else I'm cooking xD

  • With a light source what you mean? Like those light pole attached to the gens? If yes, should they be completed (hence, enlightening) or not?

  • @YaiPa said:

    With a light source what you mean? Like those light pole attached to the gens? If yes, should they be completed (hence, enlightening) or not?

    Not exactly, I'm more talking about general lights/torches/campfires around the map. When around them you'd get a status like "photosynthesis" and recharge your perks a bit faster.

  • Not all light source would actually trigger the status but big ones like yes those of the gens would trigger the perk.

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/712015#Comment_712015

    Not exactly, I'm more talking about general lights/torches/campfires around the map. When around them you'd get a status like "photosynthesis" and recharge your perks a bit faster.

    This means it would work every time on the Game, never on Mcmillan's, around the fire barrels in Cooldwind, and so on.

    Unless you're going to create different tiers of light (like low=the moon on Mcmillan's, medium=Haddonfield streetlights, high=fire barrel) this perk might create some confusion.

  • @YaiPa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/712023#Comment_712023

    This means it would work every time on the Game, never on Mcmillan's, around the fire barrels in Cooldwind, and so on.

    Unless you're going to create different tiers of light (like low=the moon on Mcmillan's, medium=Haddonfield streetlights, high=fire barrel) this perk might create some confusion.

    No you got it wrong. That's why I used the term "light source" bc it would trigger around certain big bonfires but of course some maps would be harder on that perk.

    Just like the swamp is ######### if you brought lithe instead of sprint burst.

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/712015#Comment_712015

    Not exactly, I'm more talking about general lights/torches/campfires around the map. When around them you'd get a status like "photosynthesis" and recharge your perks a bit faster.

    well (Im going to get technical here) plants don't produce energy when the light they are getting is fire (I can go into reasons, but not in this comment), however, if there is a light shine on it (generator light) they can produce energy. so, if being near light is what you are going for I suggest you have to be near a completed generator for this to go off. id say 16 meters is fine.

  • Nah, it shouldn't work with any light source. Should only work with sunlight.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Nah, it shouldn't work with any light source. Should only work with sunlight.

    "Photons" aren't only carried by sunlight. How do you think we grow weed inside ?

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/712152#Comment_712152

    "Photons" aren't only carried by sunlight. How do you think we grow weed inside ?

    With Brawndo, it's got what plants crave.

  • It also require UV lights. Tbh idk if fire could work but since the sun is a big ball of fire I'd think fire does produce photons (light).

  • Would be too much work for BHVR to code light sources into all the maps. I bet they are never gonna do anything like this.

  • @Mochan said:

    Would be too much work for BHVR to code light sources into all the maps. I bet they are never gonna do anything like this.

    Again it wouldn't be ALL light sources. Just the main ones on the maps.

    Like you couldn't get this perk working standing next to a candle.

  • Lol, can't wait for Dwight's new Sunflower outfit.

  • God, this is surprisingly Vigil but worse. If a perk has similar, or is meant to combo SPECIFICALLY with one perk, then it is a bad idea.

    This perk only exists to reduce exhaustion cooldowns with around the same numbers as Vigil.

    I think I'd like Vigil to be buffed instead of having this perk take a perk slot.

  • @Toxicboii said:

    God, this is surprisingly Vigil but worse. If a perk has similar, or is meant to combo SPECIFICALLY with one perk, then it is a bad idea.

    This perk only exists to reduce exhaustion cooldowns with around the same numbers as Vigil.

    I think I'd like Vigil to be buffed instead of having this perk take a perk slot.

    Thing is I would be fine with that ONLY if it took a second perk slot so it wouldn't be OP.

    Like one single perk recharging everyone's ######### 30% faster ? No.

    Idk if you got that but this isn't AoE like vigil.