The matchmaking change makes it hard to play with newbie friends

The Stranger Things chapter brought in a LOT of interest from some of my friends that are huge Stranger Things fans. I'm rank 1 and my friends are only around rank 15, still learning the game quite a bit. But now if I queue with them...even though there's three rank 15s, we get a Rank 1 killer.

They don't stand a chance (and neither do I) and quite frankly they've been miserable because they all die instantly. I understand matchmaking was broken, we didn't really notice it was broken because when they first started at 20 ish we were getting rank 15 killers, but wouldn't it make more sense to average the party ranks instead of having it just be the highest..?

Going against a rank 10-11 killer would still be hard for them but at least do-able.

On top of that, if we don't have a full group, it takes very long to find a game unless we have a full team. A random rank 1 survivor will join the lobby, see two or one rank 15s and then dip (I don't blame them).

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @TunnelVision said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/712020#Comment_712020

    A separate queue for SWF would solve this very issue. I play both roles but as a killer if i believe a group is SWF; i'll avoid. Even as a new player i've had too many toxic SWF groups that feel the need to go out of their way to message me on PSN.

    I mean, how would a separate que work? Why would a Killer ever CHOOSE to play against a full SWF when they can just play against people who wouldn't be in SWF at all... that doesn't really make too much sense to me.. but there are better ideas like the one posted after about having a "Casual Match" lobby where there is no rank or pipping involved for example, and then just reward ranked players with some incentive to play that as well. Like most games?

  • @Groxiverde said:

    2 matchmaking queues;

    - One to casual games, you don't pip/depip, swf of 4 max. Weekly events (ex: this week Bamboozle/quick and quiet are basekit for killers/survivors).

    -one to ranked games, you can pip/depip, swf of 2 max and you can't play with teammates 10 ranks above you.

    This is exactly what I have been thinking and suggesting as well.. there has to be a way to make it work that ends up being fair for those who want to just play random fun matches and those who like to rank and take the game more "seriously".

  • @ReviloDBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714111#Comment_714111

    I mean, how would a separate que work? Why would a Killer ever CHOOSE to play against a full SWF when they can just play against people who wouldn't be in SWF at all... that doesn't really make too much sense to me.. but there are better ideas like the one posted after about having a "Casual Match" lobby where there is no rank or pipping involved for example, and then just reward ranked players with some incentive to play that as well. Like most games?

    As a killer i am forced to play SWF, i have no choice in the matter. Why should i as a killer be subjected to toxic SWF groups on a daily basis? There is no notification to indicate that the lobby is filled with SWF, so i have no alternative but to dodge a lobby, or quit mid game. It's not healthy for either side. Unfortunately from my short experience on the game, i run in to more toxic SWF than not. This does not even count the numerous amounts of trash talk psn messages.

  • I said it in other posts, someone will be fired in BHVR. This is the worst movement they had done since the game appear. We can be here continuosly asking for nerfs or buffs, but the game is dead if new players don't want to play.

  • @BloodyNights said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/712515#Comment_712515

    Yeah and that's where I don't agree with you. You seem to automatically assume that a red rank survivor auto wins even against a killer who is just a level behind hitting red ranks themselves. Like a red rank survivor can actually bully a rank 5 or 6 the same way they could a rank 20. While also having a rank 8 and rank 12 in the same game that are not as adept as the other two. Balancing the scales you know.

    But hey you seem to be the type who really must hate people playing together, until they've all been placed in the git gud status category. Which I think is terribly unhealthy for the game as a whole. And is even worse for trying to convince newer players to try the game out. But you know that killer though, poor him. He had ranks averaged out to match his own rank, oh the unbalanced.

    Like I said we are not going to see eye to eye. So I suggest we drop it. You flat out disagree with me, and I flat out disagree with you. And I doubt either of us can change the others mind.

    Dude i love that you're going full child with this and making assumptions about someone because they disagree with you. Very very funny.

  • @CaptainCastle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/712558#Comment_712558

    Dude i love that you're going full child with this and making assumptions about someone because they disagree with you. Very very funny.

    You are acting like I insulted the guy or something? Why because I said that he sounds like he wants everyone to be in the git gud status before playing with one another?

  • @TunnelVision said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/716425#Comment_716425

    As a killer i am forced to play SWF, i have no choice in the matter. Why should i as a killer be subjected to toxic SWF groups on a daily basis? There is no notification to indicate that the lobby is filled with SWF, so i have no alternative but to dodge a lobby, or quit mid game. It's not healthy for either side. Unfortunately from my short experience on the game, i run in to more toxic SWF than not. This does not even count the numerous amounts of trash talk psn messages.

    I don't understand, nothing you just said has literally ANYTHING to do with what my response to your original statement was.

    You said, "We should have separate ques for SWF" to which I replied, I don't see how that would be a possible solution to a problem because if there were separate ques for SWF then a KILLER would have to CHOOSE to play against SWF and I don't see that happening.

    Hm, I'm a Killer, I can choose between playing against SWF team or a team of ONLY SOLO players.. which am I going to choose?

    .. see what I mean?

    I was just pointing out that your solution doesn't really make any sense, but it's okay, there are legit better solutions available that people have been suggesting, such as the person directly after you..

    Separate ques, but one is "Casual Matchmaking" and other is "Ranked" is one example that I personally believe can be made possible to work, if it's done right and there was an actual incentive to play ranked and ranked had slightly different set of rules perhaps than casual matches.

1 2 3 ›