Why was Badham made into 5 (I think) different maps instead of one?
Not saying I don't like the new map rework, its great. The thing is, why is there so many different versions in the first place? At aome point it just looks like a bunch of clutter dropped in and then called it a day. Not to mention it just adds to the amount of maps players should familiarize themselves with. Plus the naming scheme... Why wasn't the original layout of badham used and just tinkered with the structures?
Comments
They want to create more unique experiences so that players don't always know what to expect. I for one enjoy the system for those exact reasons. Also means I might one day have a chance against a full kitted out 4 man SWF because they might not 100% know what they're doing (please nobody accuse me of "maining" killer, I play both)
They all have the same size.
I think the reason they gave was specifically because they can't make new maps of the Nightmare on Elm Street theme without having to re discuss licence agreements.
However they are allowed to make multiple variations of the same map.
It's to add more variety into the game instead of just playing coldwind, Macmillan and Azarovs all day.
I really like the fact that they did, but I would hope they don't do it with other maps such as Haddonfield as well, and instead just try to rework and improve as many existing maps as possible from this point on. I'd be pretty disappointed if Haddonfield was the only map they would change with the next patch and none of the other maps, like some of the older maps that have horrific window spawns.
The lore indicates that as the entity grows, the more maps and characters it can collect... but as it doesn't understand the real world, it often gets things wrong. : P
I think they put out 5 versions to test various design concepts and collect data.
In the end it will help the devs to analyze and use the data to get to know their players better and translate the learned lessons into amazing new maps and map reworks.
I praise and cheer for the devs who made that move and @Patricia could you send the dev team my gratitude?