Older Maps ever be reworked?

I think the devs did a great job on reworking Badham, particularly with pallet spawns. When I play survivor, I feel theres enough pallets close together that I can hop between many in a chase. When I play killer, I feel the pallets are easy enough to mindgame.

Now the question is will the devs ever rework the older maps, aka Coldwind, Macmillan, and Autohaven. And by rework, I don't mean 5 different version of the same map. I just mean change the way pallets spawn and the strength of loops, especially the infinites that are oh so plentiful on these maps.

Comments

  • @Alba said:

    Next chapter will be a map rework, but I dont know which map

    I think the most likely candidate is Haddonfield, being as how they said in a dev stream that they were gonna make multiple versions of licensed maps so they don't have to go through another licensing meeting to create a whole new map.

  • Eh, I don't think they would rework a map that is that new.

  • @Kerbert said:

    I think the devs did a great job on reworking Badham, particularly with pallet spawns. When I play survivor, I feel theres enough pallets close together that I can hop between many in a chase. When I play killer, I feel the pallets are easy enough to mindgame.

    Now the question is will the devs ever rework the older maps, aka Coldwind, Macmillan, and Autohaven. And by rework, I don't mean 5 different version of the same map. I just mean change the way pallets spawn and the strength of loops, especially the infinites that are oh so plentiful on these maps.

    "Easy enough to mindgame" By that you mean, wait for crutch bloodlust for free hit

  • @Alba said:

    Next chapter will be a map rework, but I dont know which map

    God I hope it's more than just one map being reworked. Otherwise, at that rate, they'll be finished in late 2020 or early 2021.

  • @Usui said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/89607/older-maps-ever-be-reworked

    "Easy enough to mindgame" By that you mean, wait for crutch bloodlust for free hit

    What? Just what the hell?

    People want more mindgameable loops so killers have some counterplay on those loops. Nobody ever said they want mindgameable loops so they can just bloodlust those loops to get easy downs. Once all or at least most maps have been reworked, they can finally get rid of bloodlust, which pretty muchh just lets you get a hit on survivors with zero effort needed.

    Honestly I can just pray that devs alter all the other maps they don't rework in the next patch as well so that braindead safe window loops get removed, and maybe the size of a few pallet loops get decreased so they become mindgamebale, and then they can turn off Bloodlust with the next patch as well.

  • @Usui said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/89607/older-maps-ever-be-reworked

    "Easy enough to mindgame" By that you mean, wait for crutch bloodlust for free hit

    bloodlust is band aid fix for ######### loops just like ruin to fix gen times once maps are reworked so killer and surv would have 50/50 chance to mindgame each other then bloodlust should be removed

  • @Alba said:

    Next chapter will be a map rework, but I dont know which map

    They've mentioned prioritising the licence maps as they really can't add any new assets or different maps to them so variations are the best way they could change them up so it's unique and different.

    The likelihood is haddonfield and the game are on the list.

    Then I could definitely see it's spreading out to the single area original maps

    Memorial Institute

    Mount Ormond resort

    Yamaoka Estate

    Debatably the asylum

    Maps setting to have more general enough that you could add different map types of in the same theme we're just probably get different maps.

    So probably be your redwoods and swamp

  • I would say that only the old maps with god windows should be adjusted.