Where is the reward for those that bought every DLC which is now available to all?
For those of us that have purchased every DLC, where is the bonus for us now that you've opened everything up to everyone via in game play? If there is nothing then do we need to pursue a refund?
Comments
Why do you feel like you should be refunded? You paid for the DLC with your own money and got to try it out early. I also doubt they will have any compensation ready that fast.
Regardless, in my opinion you've already gotten more than you paid for by getting the DLC's as you had multiple months to enjoy the characters and have them leveled up and that was either for 7.99 or 6.99 USD depending on when you purchased it. Think of it like food, you go to a store and purchase maybe $20 worth of food, that might just last you a week or two and is definitely not permanent. You think you can just eat the food and then turn it back in for a refund because you don't have it the way you bought it anymore? The answer is no because you already enjoyed the product (or just had it) so because of that you're not entitled to a refund and if you really ask me, compensation isn't needed either (while nice, it's not necessary).
That's an insane comparison - besides they already stated they were going to do something for us.
I get that and I can understand why people would be upset with these cosmetics not being available right away, perhaps they should make an announcement regarding what's happening with that. In my opinion though, I don't think they will be able to whip up exclusive skins that will really shout "thank you" to the purchasers right away so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see them come around until maybe a patch or two later. My main problem comes in when people expect a refund over an item they've already used long enough as is.
It's the same thing as saying I should get something for buying a game when it was released plus the DLC's and then getting mad 7 months later when the "Game of the year" edition of the game comes out at a discount. You already had the content in this case for 5+ months, how would you even get a refund for something you have and played for X amount of hours? If we do get some kind of cosmetic for buying early that is great but I don't find it necessary.
Actually from hearing what other people say. The secondary outfits of the survivors aren't available when buying with shards
I can confirm yes, secondary outfits aren't available to those who purchased them with shards.
you had it earlier is not a valid reason as it was purchased in good faith that that was the only way you could play it. Those who did want to pay never got to play it. That is no longer the case.
stop using false analogy’s.
I still think people were confused by the DEVs saying if you buy the DLC you get an extra cosmetic, because if you buy curtain call you do get an extra cosmetic. I don’t think they ever planned adding retrospective cosmetics for the other DLCs
another OP who wants something for nothing.
However they did say that they were gonna add some skins for those who purchased it early.
Noone knows when, and I think that's what this guy is confused about just as everyone else.
Oh Nooooooo XD
Whereever you go - I will be there to hug it out
lol
oops
Such a whiteknight, how noble you are.
Read the thread again, devs promised us unique skins, and we still do not have them.
It wasn’t an early access purchase. They made pay to play a play to pay system
It would be a polite gesture but I don't think it's really needed, personally.
It was just $7 every once in a while for something new to mess around with, that's a good enough reward to me. I'll keeping buying the DLCs since it's cheap and something new, but I would never expect some sort of compensation for me filling the game with more to play around with.
I put 800 hours into this game.
I'd say I got my reward already.
That's a great way of thinking, hadn't thought of that.
Any alternate cosmetics a character has are what we have for owning DLC. When they said we may get exclusives the assumption was that they'd create something instead of just locking out things that already existed.
Most of the DLC is licensed, and requires money to purchase anyway. You cannot buy the movie characters with Shards. At least, I didn't check...
They shouldn't give anything more than what they have already.
You bought the DLC and didn't have to grind shards.
No one deserves special treatment and they have no legal obligation to give free stuff to specific people.
For god's sake, people, this is not an entitlement problem if you regard the statements the devs have made in that regard.
They said that buyers of the DLCs would receive an exclusive cosmetic option that people who unlock Chapters with Shards won't get.
Since they didn't specify what those cosmetics would be/are, people (reasonably enough) assumed that those would new, not yet existing cosmetics.
That in fact, those exclusive cosmetics would simply be any already existing alternative to the default outfit wasn't specified until a couple of weeks later.
I think the main reason people are annoyed is because they spent money on both dlc killers (Hag/Doctor - excluding licensed killers since they are still pay only) before earning them via play time was even an option. Had earning killers through shards been a thing, I know very well that my choice to spend money on either would've been reversed in favor of simply playing to get them. I completely understand why some people are irritated about no compensation (auric cells or anything substantial), as many were likely never under the impression that something they paid money for could go up for free.
How is it a false analogy? The OP wants a "bonus" for having purchased content from over a year ago because it is now unlockable with play time which is the same concept as I stated. You HAD the content for at least a year at this point (non-licensed that is) and used it for that long and it is not a foreign concept in games especially for previously released DLC to come in the base game. Why did they not get mad when it came out for console and we got all prior released DLC included? Not to mention its not like its an instant unlock, you still have to grind to get there for free, and you don't get all the cosmetics you get with purchasing.
Not to mention he is not asking for a bonus he is asking for what he believes was promised by the Devs.
There were
They said they "might" do something you act like they made promises.