Its about how Developers contact with reality

What is wrong with the game:

Balancing problems across the board

Infinite loading screens

"Shard offerings for testing killers" appearing in my blood-webs despite owning every killer in the game

Infinity loops in some maps

No "exit" button in first screen (which means if my internet goes down when I enter the game, the only way to exit is ctrl+alt+delete)

All survs are uglier than killers (ok, that's not so important but still)

Problems with localisation without fixes in 3(!!!) years

Dancing ping

Waiting for the lobby 100500 minutes for join to killer from another side of the world and 600 ping, and same situation for killers (just waiting is twice as long)


Rank system what means nothing coz rotation of ranks in lobby can dance between 18 to 1 for everyone, and doesn't matter what rank you have.


SWF and all problems with it


Useless report system


And many-many other stuff


WHAT OUR GREAT DEVELOPERS are focusing on:


Deleted the "switch button between killers and survs".


What I really want to say is: If everything the developers have done to this game is just one big troll on the community (coz I can't believe you really do not understand, what the playerbase wants/needs in this game after TONS of feedback) maybe its time to finally reveal the truth. 3 years of trolling, trolling been great. However you need to stop it and start working like normal developers. Seriously. You have amazing potential, but you continually walk back any progress with bad decisions or lax work in other areas of the game. Its time to stop and improve. Thank you for your time.

15493675551250.jpg

Im sorry for some mistakes in my letter, cause it is not my main lang, but i know so only here i have 0,001% chance to make you read this post.

Comments

  • @twistedmonkey well, if you say so google translate is too bad for this, guess we'll never see the good translation in game, coz noone on this planet knows english+other lang, right? Especially in game comunity. Someone who can open dat goddamn notepad and translate 10-20 words without program asist... yep, this is impossible.

  • No, but you made several snide remarks about the dev team – that they’re trolls, that they don’t care, that they need some practice at making games, and compared the game to “a cup of garbage”. Your reply to Peanits was sarcastic and insulting, and you have just been generally aggressive and demeaning in about half of your responses on this thread.

    You can give your opinion in a constructive way without insulting those around you – in fact, people are more likely to take you seriously if you don’t come off as angry and disrespectful, and unprovokedly so.

    Perhaps the word I used was harsh, but it wasn’t uncalled for. I was calling it like it is.

  • A lot of the OP's post is pretty baseless or abstract whining. It doesn't matter how long this game is supported, balancing is a forever issue and truthfully it isn't nearly as bad as many players like to think it is. If you put 100 players in a room and asked each person to "solve" the game's balance issues, you would get 100 different opinions. They are doing the best that they know how. So scratch that off the list.

    Shard offerings for testing killers" appearing in my blood-webs despite owning every killer in the game- Big deal. Players are constantly forced to purchase things they will never use on bloodwebs. Would I prefer these things replaced with iridescent add ons or offerings I would actually use? Of course. In terms of priority, this would be near the bottom though.

    Infinity loops in some maps- Most of the time players refer to infinity loops that aren't actually infinity loops. Most of the time a window will eventually block off the loop. With that said, there are problem areas that should be addressed. It's an ongoing process though. They have addressed many such areas already and will continue to do so. Would I prefer that they worked on these faster? sure.

    No "exit" button in first screen (which means if my internet goes down when I enter the game, the only way to exit is ctrl+alt+delete) Meh.

    Infinite Loading Screens- fair enough. This shouldn't be a thing.

    Problems with localisation without fixes in 3(!!!) years // Dancing ping // Waiting for the lobby 100500 minutes for join to killer from another side of the world and 600 ping, and same situation for killers (just waiting is twice as long) I'm just going to group all these together. Most of this is like getting mad at the weather. A lot of it is beyond anyone's control and most of the time isn't an issue.

    Rank system what means nothing coz rotation of ranks in lobby can dance between 18 to 1 for everyone, and doesn't matter what rank you have. Fair enough. This has been a problem since forever, but in all fairness it is on the roadmap to be addressed this year.

    SWF and all problems with it SWF isn't nearly the issue that players make it out to be on the forums. There really isn't a whole lot that can be done about it either. The best thing to do is just accept it for what it is or move on to another game.

    TLDR: Basically everything brought up is either not that big of an issue or is in the process of being addressed. About the only thing I agree with the OP on is that infinite loading screens shouldn't be a thing and should have been addressed long ago.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/695256#Comment_695256

    You are here just 8 months. You have no clue what the veteran players are dealing with for 3 years.

    Sound still bugged btw.

    Still no colour blind option btw.

    Still no real graphic settings btw.

    Fps are still tanking against doctor and Freddy dreamworld btw.

    Just to name a few absolute basic things.. It's really embarrassing.

    @justarandy

    What point are you trying to make here? Am I too inexperienced to comment?

    Again, I’ve seen huge improvements in my short timespan in the game. My 8 months experience does not align with OPs.

    Also, the problems you mention has little to do with balancing and game health. How does fps-drops when playing Freddy coincide with a “veteran” perspective?

  • @Dreamnomad ok, here we go:

    If you ask 100 players about Nurce, 99 will say "she is imba". Coz this is the obvious fact. I said i talk not about balance between killers and survs coz real balance is impossible in unsymmetric game. Please read all posts before ansver. 

    About shards - this is the one of the many things that make a gaming experience worse than it could be. And at the same time it can be fixed without spending time and resources. Just an example.

    About loops - repeat it after play vs players who has Balance Landing on Haddonfield.

    "meh" - what?

    Localisation is out of control? what? You wanna tell me little gnomes make the game localisation but only when they want and developers cant influence their opinion? Cool story, bro.

    "or move on to another game." great argument. "change the world or change yourself". But the game is not the world and can be changed by people like we if only we stop close eyes on problems. 

    "in the process". You are right, but this process is proceed last years. I dont want die before see how they fix all actual problems. 

  • @Fibijean you are correct in based, but in our sad reality doenst matter how you are respectful with developers of THIS game - they just ignore you anyway) You can see it on first page of disscussion - developer do not react on main post but ansver at 2 comments. It is not cause that comments full of respect, but cause they know what to ansver. Thats how it works, sad but true.

  • @Pandemic said:

    @Fibijean you are correct in based, but in our sad reality doenst matter how you are respectful with developers of THIS game - they just ignore you anyway) You can see it on first page of disscussion - developer do not react on main post but ansver at 2 comments. It is not cause that comments full of respect, but cause they know what to ansver. Thats how it works, sad but true.

    But the points he addressed were directly mentioned in the OP. Sure, he didn't respond to everything the OP brought up, but it's more likely that he just doesn't have the answers or isn't allowed to give them than that he is ignoring OP because of incompetence or a hidden agenda.

  • @Fibijean "doesnt have the answers" - just like i said. Just imagine if someone ask you why you doing wrong what you doing, and you like "derp... better ignore it than say i messed up".


    "than that he is ignoring OP because of incompetence" - any arguments for this opinion please? We can see so same issues follow us in every new patch, and when people ask developers, why (im not the first and not the last who asked this) they keep in silence. Im not sure thats cause Mr. PrettyGoodJob just cant talk about. I see no any real reasons.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/695289#Comment_695289

    I can guarantee that the report system does something. I used to be an ACM before becoming a community manager and I can promise that there are people looking at those reports. They didn't pay us to stand around and look pretty, sadly.

    For the switch roles button; this is a side effect of the lobby changes in 3.2.0. Since the SWF option has been merged with the solo option, the button needed to be removed. Otherwise, you could have a friend join your lobby, switch to killer, and then be able to play killer with your friends in a public match. That's not something we could have.

    These changes also allowed us to automatically regroup people with their friends after a match, something that we've been requested for a long time. When we look at the two options- delay the whole feature so we can update that one button, or remove the button for the time being- the choice was pretty clear. We opted to add the feature that people have been asking for sooner rather than letting a single button hold everything back.

    I've noticed that the invite system is sorely lacking, specifically, it's a lot harder to invite people you want since they don't show up in the list... because they're not given priority. Are there any plans to increase the size of the list, or at the very least, limit to only people who own the game? A lot of people on that list didn't even own the game in the first place... and took up slots that others could have.

    For clarity, I'm on Xbox, and the invite system seems very counterintuitive to the previous one, imo. I know that I can invite from my friends list from pressing the Xbox center button, but that isn't always reliable.

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/696089#Comment_696089

    @justarandy

    What point are you trying to make here? Am I too inexperienced to comment?

    Again, I’ve seen huge improvements in my short timespan in the game. My 8 months experience does not align with OPs.

    Also, the problems you mention has little to do with balancing and game health. How does fps-drops when playing Freddy coincide with a “veteran” perspective?

    No, I'm just saying that you have no clue what the community is suffering with since release. Just because u noticed some improvements in the last 8 months does not mean everything is good. Because the devs are missing improvements of 3 years.


  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/695341#Comment_695341

    Nope, it's just a matter of time. Changes take time. The team on Dead by Daylight is still fairly small (not tiny, but not as big as some might think). While there's a lot of stuff we want to do, there's only so much we can do in a single update.


    You have ample time for cosmetics though, right?


    Lemme guess, you say: "We're not on the same team."


    All whilst being the ones who allocate money to which dept. to do what.

  • @StupidPallets said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/695497#Comment_695497

    You have ample time for cosmetics though, right?

    Lemme guess, you say: "We're not on the same team."

    All whilst being the ones who allocate money to which dept. to do what.

    Like a god said

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/696939#Comment_696939

    No, I'm just saying that you have no clue what the community is suffering with since release. Just because u noticed some improvements in the last 8 months does not mean everything is good. Because the devs are missing improvements of 3 years.

    @justarandy What a peculiar argument. We play the same game, no? So the bugs you suffer from, I suffer from too. I just haven’t suffered as long.

    I never said “everything’s good”. I said there’s been improvements in areas outside of OPs narrative. Devs are evidently working hard, just not in areas you or OP want them to.

    I’m going to tap out of this conversation now, as I feel that you're not here to discuss the subject, but rather to discuss my merits in the game.

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/697417#Comment_697417

    @justarandy What a peculiar argument. We play the same game, no? So the bugs you suffer from, I suffer from too. I just haven’t suffered as long.

    I never said “everything’s good”. I said there’s been improvements in areas outside of OPs narrative. Devs are evidently working hard, just not in areas you or OP want them to.

    I’m going to tap out of this conversation now, as I feel that you're not here to discuss the subject, but rather to discuss my merits in the game.

    Lmao bye then

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/695289#Comment_695289

    I can guarantee that the report system does something. I used to be an ACM before becoming a community manager and I can promise that there are people looking at those reports. They didn't pay us to stand around and look pretty, sadly.

    For the switch roles button; this is a side effect of the lobby changes in 3.2.0. Since the SWF option has been merged with the solo option, the button needed to be removed. Otherwise, you could have a friend join your lobby, switch to killer, and then be able to play killer with your friends in a public match. That's not something we could have.

    These changes also allowed us to automatically regroup people with their friends after a match, something that we've been requested for a long time. When we look at the two options- delay the whole feature so we can update that one button, or remove the button for the time being- the choice was pretty clear. We opted to add the feature that people have been asking for sooner rather than letting a single button hold everything back.

    Second Account(as in testimony) for that! I’ve gotten someone banned through it.

    Just go to support and they can carry out the action.

  • 15576240233560.jpg

    @Watery Lets remember, how many time passed, betwen how Ochido started make his toxic content on account with unlocked addons, and moment when support ban him. 1.5-2 years? Thats all what you need to know about report system. 

  • @Pandemic said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/034/GWW9V3MHHGIV.jpg

    @Watery Lets remember, how many time passed, betwen how Ochido started make his toxic content on account with unlocked addons, and moment when support ban him. 1.5-2 years? Thats all what you need to know about report system. 

    imma be honest. i have no idea what you mean.

    it works pretty well for ME personally

    edit:also, that is a content creator— i don’t like him personally but there could be other factors that made him less likely to be banned. don’t take my word for it. ive gotten a person temp-banned for slurs and a few other things. i think that may be a different thing altogether, but i might be wrong

  • I honestly think BHVR's biggest problem is the lack of structured analytical techniques in their development process. They look at it all from a developers stand point, but they don't really check some of their potential design flaws before putting them into practice. For instance, Mettle of Man comes to mind. It was either a very evil plan to lure survivors into buying a product they knew needed to be changed, or they could not see the problems with the original design of the perk. Either way, that is a problem. As soon as the perks went public, many players saw the potential problem and abuse of that perk. It unfolded exactly like the majority of the player critics said it would.

    There are several examples of this in the past. It is clear they have the talent and creativity, I just think their refining process is severely lacking. They need someone that plays devil's advocate in order to identify these pitfalls for them.

  • @Pandemic said:

    @twistedmonkey well, if you say so google translate is too bad for this, guess we'll never see the good translation in game, coz noone on this planet knows english+other lang, right? Especially in game comunity. Someone who can open dat goddamn notepad and translate 10-20 words without program asist... yep, this is impossible.

    Most of their dev team doesn't even speak english they speak french.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/695341#Comment_695341

    Nope, it's just a matter of time. Changes take time. The team on Dead by Daylight is still fairly small (not tiny, but not as big as some might think). While there's a lot of stuff we want to do, there's only so much we can do in a single update.

    So then are we even gonna talk about how many issues that console has ? I sincerely want to know why 60 FPS hasn’t been added and why there is such low resolution and no way to even change this. This isn’t even beginning to state how much neglect the console platforms have received. Also I want to know why nurse can’t turn her normal sensitivity while blinking like pc? It’s a completely different killer! Again another console only issue

  • Coz they do not care. Thats all.

1 2 ›