WGLF should have the same aura reading effect as babysitter : change my mind.
^ The title. yes it would make babysitters effect redundant if you run both as you'd have the same effect twice, but really thats the only thing this perk needs.
^ The title. yes it would make babysitters effect redundant if you run both as you'd have the same effect twice, but really thats the only thing this perk needs.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I would be ok with it... could use a side effect.
Mostly I just want the bps... :p
Well same here, but even bbq and chilli has a secondary effect.
Playing with wglf is like playing with 3 perks.
Just give WGLF the BBQ aura effect and watch the forums get set on fire.
See the other survivors outside the killer terror radius?
Nah see the Killers aura when you get a safe unhook lol.
The forums would be on fire for weeks if this actually happened.
Bring the fire then. and babysitters has a similar effect which is why i suggested that as copy n paste etc etc
That's what the op said, get the babysitter aura read.
I don't think anyone would care, no one cares about babysitter
I mean tbh I care about babysitter. Mixed with head on, borrowed time and we'll make it, it can make for some pretty safe "hook saving" builds.
I haven't seen that perk get used, I haven't really checked the perks tbh.
But if they added that with WGLF, so many people would complain you have no idea. That's most likely why it wouldn't even be considered...
I honestly don't think it's that bad of a thing, I mean babysitter has it and it's considered underated edit: /not useful I mean
Not all things are official until the DLC is released.
Anyways, idk then. The perk is niche to use at best, but I can see it being an issue for if you're pulling a stealth build. Perhaps i'm thinking its an issue because I've seen people complain about less before...
I mean it procs less then alert, and alert is considered a good/decent but not overpowered perk.
Then it sounds like a niche perk at best.
So I don't personally see an issue, Alert isn't even an issue. I'm just saying, from personal experience here people have complained about less... so I wouldn't be surprised.
And those people are a loud minority tbh
TBF, its the majority that does it imo.
While the minority of "top players, I.E. Red Rankers" do complain about certain things from time to time, I mostly see the majority (that being players below Purple Rank) complain about a lot of things here.
Its mostly due to them not really facing what they're complaining about a lot like some of us have for years even, but its also just out of frustration and they want to just hope for something better to happen. It mostly just boils down to bandwagoning though, a lot of people bandwagoned for Legion to get nerfed, and instead he was buried because the complaining was too much to bear for anyone.
Yes, The Legion was flawed. But the general originality and overall mechanics that he once had are pretty much dead now, and he isn't fun to play anymore. I guess that one Legion that used Franks Mixtape + Stab wound study too much really got to people...
That, and the constant healing, which is still a thing and people stopped complaining about that one because they realized it'll never be changed.
My point is though, the forum is about discussion, but it really just boils down to people complaining about something they despise, and demands are usually made to fix it.
And if the "issue" is too big, you'll expect the forums to start burning for days until an official statement is made.
No offense in anyway, but I find this BBQ vs WGLF arguement very contradicting. Here's my reasoning behind this...
BBQ Arguement:
"The aura reading reduces camping, so BBQ is fine. It benefits both the killer and the survivor."
WGLF Arguement:
"Nah, don't add this suggestion to WGLF, even through it reduces farming and it's a serious issue for survivors."
Everyone complains about how WGLF encourages farming, which is understandable, so why is a suggestion that reduces farming a problem? If BBQ prevents camping, why is a perk suggestion that reduces the survivors' equivalent of camping a problem? :(
We both want the same thing here, and the survivor is sacrificing a perk. I just think it's fair to give them something that helps them get a safe unhook - it's the core goal of the perk. :)
It was more satire in nature than it was a personal issue for me. I really don't care if you see my aura when you get a WGLF stack, i'll still find you. And if I don't I'll move on, I wont survey the area for hours looking for someone who might not even be there.
The main point of my post was to point out the little things people usually flame over that're not even a big deal. Take NOED for example, its fairly easy to counter, but people intentionally don't choose to counter it, so they come here to complain about it.
Off-topic though, I never agreed that BBQ was an issue (if anyone ever thought it was) because it was a fairly "balanced" perk overall. You get a hook with the benefit of extra BPs during end-game, and a small aura reading also when you hook someone.
Its a benefit with no downsides, however, Lockers exist, and so do mind-games. So people can easily just fool you into going places they didn't even run to...
As for WGLF, I personally feel the niche implementation of an aura reading will actually help breed more farming. Hear me out, if you're actively unhooking people just to get stacks, and you don't care for the unhooked Survivor and also don't want to be chased.... You can use the aura reading to stealth around the Killer, leaving the unhooked Survivor to just get tunneled. (Not encouraging farming what so ever, this isn't a suggestion to do so.)
It could very well help out actually, or it could just get the unhooked Survivor tunneled. A double edged sword, ultimately defeating the purpose of stopping the constant farming. In no way do I encourage farming, but ultimately this would just benefit them even more. WGLF can't be fixed tbh, and it would be unfair for Killers to have BBQ but Survivors don't have WGLF, so maybe if they cracked down on farming more and considered it a reportable offense that it would be stopped?
Idk? People complain about things that they don't even understand sometimes, I just thought it would be funny to say that people would also complain about that addition also.
Thank you! said more perfectly then i ever could.
And theres no real reason to contest the arguement on a forum post that has no one really arguing against it though? Like some people may complain yes, but at the same time people complain about most things in life sadly.
And to address the point that it encourages farming i'd like to subtely disagree. if you see the killers aura (lets just say outside of terror radius distance for sake of arguement) you can point that out to your buddy you just unhooked to either follow you away in the opposite direction, or point in the direction of the killer to let them know where not to go in order to not be farmed.
And if you truly believe this change would encourage farming you could tie it only to safe hook saves = granting the aura reading later on after as a subtle warning for your good dead in order to avoid the killer.
Not everyone plays in a SWF, and if you're actively unhooking people to just get stacks, why would you even mention where he is in the first place? Don't most farmers run away from the area after they got what they wanted?
Even if they point towards where the Killer is, the scenario could have that be pointless if the Killer was literally 10 meters away when this happened. Also, some Survivors probably won't even know what you're pointing at anyways...
I can agree that its just a niche benefit if you're actively helping others with it, but it could also just cause more of what people don't want to happen. I guess you could say that people will want to have you stay safe until the safe unhook happens? But by then, if the Killer is far away enough the safe unhook will happen anyways...
And I wasn't really contesting anything, the post was mainly a joke until you thought I was serious and I didn't know what to say after lmao.
I think your misunderstanding something here.
By giving this perk a secondary effect, that will be it's main effect you take away from it's farming nature.
Expecially if the usage can only be gained by not farming others. Yes not everyone plays in swf but there are gesture keys for a reason. By giving it a secondary effect, one that's active in game your giving it a use, and whilst people may use it mainly for the bloodpoints because let's be honest shortening the grind is a desire we all share, having it have a use promotes a playstyle similar to how bbq and chilli promotes finding survivors and being active, wglf would promote the survival of survivors (a category often overlooked in the emblem system) by giving locational information.
Hell an even better alternative is to not give yourself the aura reading, but your unhooked buddy. Let them see the killer and know which direction to head in order to be safe.
Hows this, if they changed it to have both Players see the Killer for a distinct amount of time, than it would cut down on farming while also helping the unhooked Survivor.
Even if you try to farm a Survivor, they'll get the aura reading. So unless they unhook you right next to the survivor, they'll be fine. Even if they do that, its considered trolling since you actively know the Killer is there... and you did it to just get a WGLF stack... so...
Its good for both Survivors in-exchange for the risk of unhooking a Survivor, it'd be great for stealth builds also and its not too OP for people to disagree with.
A win, win.
Wglf needs a rework tbh. The devs knew from Day 1 that this would become a farming perk which incentivizes an unhealthy playstyle for survivors.
And on top of that it’s designed in a way that if all four survivors are running it it’s nearly impossible for everyone to get there stacks.
I know there are protection hits but they are buggy AF and do not work 9 times out of ten.
We only need more ways to ge stacks, nothing more tbh
WGLF also allows you to collect stacks through protection hits alongside the unhooks, so I think this perk is already in a good place and needs nothing more
But it has no effect on a trial. Even bbq has an effect (the aura reading.) With wglf your forced to play altruistically with only 3 perks essentially...