2 ideas for a NOED rework that's based off how successful the killer has been.
Idea 1
A Hex rooting its power on hope. You are animated by the power of your Hex Totem when the Survivors are on the verge of escaping.
Every time you hook a survivor, gain a token. When the exit gates are powered, if there is a dull totem remaining on the map, this hex is applied to it. If there isn’t, a hex totem will be reconstructed at random, and the survivors will be able to see it’s aura.
For every token increase you movement speed by 0.5/0.75/1% and, depending on how many tokens you have, the following effects apply:
3+ tokens: Survivors suffer from the haemorrhage status effect.
5+ tokens: Survivors suffer from the exposed status effect.
7+ tokens: Survivors suffer from the exhausted status effect
9+ tokens: You can kill survivors.
The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.
“The beast exhausts us, wearing us down until we no longer can stand.”
Idea 2
A Hex rooting its power on hope. You are animated by the power of your Hex Totem when the Survivors are on the verge of escaping.
Every time a survivor loses a hook state, a token is applied to them. Once the Exit Gates are powered, if there is a Dull Totem remaining on the Map, this Hex is applied to it.
Depending on the amount of tokens on a survivor, the following effects apply to that survivor:
0+ tokens: The survivor suffers from the exhausted status effect for 60/90/120 seconds
1+ tokens: The survivor suffers from the exposed status effect
2 tokens: The survivor can be killed.
Tokens can not be earned once the exit gates are powered
“The closer to death we are, the more unlikely we are to escape it. And we’re always one foot through death’s door.”
What do you guys think? Maybe a few numbers could be tweaked, but I think these would be good reworks.
Comments
I like it! Especially the first idea. Maybe tune down the movement speed and replace hemorrhage with mangled and it would make for a much better perk to use and face than the current NOED
I like idea number 2 better because it doesn't render the survivors' counter play null, and it needs killer input to get an extremely strong effect. :)
I thought speed might be an issue, probably 0.25/0.5/0.75 would be better.
The first idea wont work, since ppl already dont like having NOED work after running past dull totems to do gens instead. Having it activate even after cleansing the totems...
The 2nd idea doesnt really offer much of anything, although it APPEARS to. With adrenaline being so common, survivors are typically already going to be exhausted. Beyond that, the benefit of killing any survivor via mori instead of hook isnt benificial if the survivor is on death hook anyway. Beyond that, I feel like cleansing totems would be even less common, since ppl who havent been hooked yet wont have the incentive to counter NOED if it wont affect them anyway.
No. Good ideas but NOED is fine right now.
I really like the first idea of rewarding the killer based off of how well he did. I also like the idea of the totem reappearing, but I feel that it would lower survivor incentive to do totems, so I think a reappearing totem, even if its aura is revealed to all survivors, might be too much.
Besides that, I really like the first idea. Instead of NOED rewarding killers who do poorly, it instead will reward survivors who have done at least decently.
I think it is a good rework :). But, I don't think NOED really needs a rework as it isn't the most broken or annoying perk. That being said, I actually like the first idea more than the current NOED. Just get rid of the reappearing totem.
Crying about Noed and not about decisive strike, People who cry about Noed are only the ones who only play survivors
I'm not crying about NOED? I'm a killer who uses it a lot, I just want more interaction in it in return for more benefits.
That tends to be very true.
Your ideas are good, it's just that NOED is the only real counter to the Adrenaline build right now. Making it token based as well as a hex perk would make it too weak, just like the new Dying Light.
Nothing wrong with noed . Use smallgame