The Devs Are Still Singin The Same Old Blues
"Dedicated Servers should be released as of Summer 2019"
"Dedicated Servers should be released as of Fall 2019"
Now watch them say "Dedicated Servers should be released as of Spring 2020"
The hype surrounding ST has died out for some because the new players I have interacted with have clearly stated "This game is trash there's too many issues." "How the hell did the killer hit me through the window even though I already vaulted and was running." "These Gens are getting done too fast this isn't fair." "These survivors are tryhards.." "These killers are tryhards..." "Dedicated servers got pushed back again, dude what the #########?" "I want my refund this game is trash I'm getting F13th, I don't care if that game is dead." Of course the biggest one.
"THIS GAME IS TOXIC"
Lol I've said this once and I will glady say this again. Stranger Things isn't enough to save this game, and it's facts. Newcomers will be discouraged to continue to play the game, the same cesspool of people who have been carrying this game above ground since 2016 are slowly growing tired of this game. Then these people got the nerve to release DBD on Nintendo Switch???? Should be focusing on your game mechanic that Survivors and Killers are complaining about. It's not that hard to pool your resources into the developer team instead of your arts team to push out these cosmetics.
The simplest solution to fix this decaying game is to focus on game mechanics and how to improve them instead of taking the cash grabbing route of putting these same game mechanic fixes in DLCs. BHVR you are not slick, I'm not dropping money on a game that fails to address issues within the game and try to give out cheap fixes in terms of Perks, that I have to pay for and forced to agree to any changes made to those said perks. Yes I am talking about MoM deal with it.
It's clear this game has taken the route of the Madden and 2k Franchise and it's only a matter of time before this game becomes a joke. This game can improve if they really tried putting forth effort in addressing game mechanics. I enjoyed the game and want it to do well but you can't have a game doing well when you turn a blind eye to the most obvious issues that people are having.
Player Count - https://steamcharts.com/app/381210
Comments
Couldn't said it any better, I would rather have a finished product in my opinion! :)
Also, I love what you did with the last paragraph! 🔥😎
Stop this song alrrady mate, the OP is not complaining about dedicated server.
"We'll do this, we'll do that". Yeah, no.
In the same time they are "working" on this and instead of fixing issues of their game, they've released around... 150 cosmetics ? (I dont know the exact number).
Priorities. Thats what the OP is about. Dont talk about doing something if you know you wont make it.
It's quite literally the truth, though.
No one promised anyone anything, only set a planned date, and this is the exact reason they stopped giving planned dates. Because people blow a gasket when it doesn't go to plan and then pretend the devs made some sort of promise (which they didn't) and then it just makes them look bad.
Even when they don't say dates and someone else says a date people blow a gasket (see the double BP event anger posts that happened)
I don't need or care about dedicated servers. I just need a boot option for the guy in Madagascar with 1100 ping that wont leave the game and forces me to close on the other 3 green pings.
I agree with their decision to not push horribly buggy servers that were shown to have severe issues in testing, especially with projectile killers.
What I don't find encouraging is that these are the exact same issues we saw months ago when dedicated servers were tested, and clearly nothing got fixed about it.
I do feel cheated out of a few perks because of the problem with generators getting done too quickly. We have mindbreaker and surge to combat this problem rather than perks which let you get creative and synergise with a number of other perks.
Surge isn't too bad it just feels like a lazy perk if you don't feel like kicking gens.
"These Gens are getting done too fast this isn't fair."--- how exactly are new players running into this problem? A new killer at Rank 20 isn't going to have a legion of rabid genrushers bullying him at Rank 20.
This is the rank when killers are hunting down potato survivors who are hiding in the corners of the map crab walking.
"Lol I've said this once and I will glady say this again. Stranger Things isn't enough to save this game, and it's facts"The game strictly speaking is in no danger and doesn't need saving. The number of players playing is relatively stable. You can check Steam Stats to see that the playerbase hovers around 18k-ish and that's been consistent for the past couple of years. It's not in any danger of dying out any time soon.
Those are the real facts.
Can't speak to the talent/skill at both BHVR and Ubisoft but Ubisoft, I would wager, has a lot more experience on their side to fix a problem like that.
Why do you think I linked the player count for? My health? Also Rank Reset much?
The fact that you're trying to say 18k isn't that small considering that's like rat droppings on a map is kinda low standards. The fact the game went from roughly averaging (as you can see on that player count btw) 30k to a measly 18k that's okay to you? That means you have a higher chance of replaying the same people you've played before. No new faces to play with or against. No calm atmosphere. This isn't a open community at this point it's a gated community.
But that's exactly my point. We actually don't know how much energy/resources/manpower they are dedicating to certain tasks because we don't sit in on their meetings or watch over their shoulder as they work every day. I don't know if you've ever worked in a company office, but typically they have different teams for different tasks. The programmers and game designers are not the ones creating cosmetics.
Yes, it's possible that they are funneling all their money and technical resources into the development of cosmetics while ignoring the long-term health of the game because they are greedy moneygrubbers who don't care about their game or their player satisfaction.
It's equally possible (in fact, more so, if we assume that the devs are neither complete idiots nor pathological liars) that they are pushing out cosmetics precisely because they care about player satisfaction and game health in the long term. Cosmetics are far easier to develop than game mechanics, harder to get wrong, and don't need as much testing and iteration, therefore they are able to be implemented much more quickly and frequently. At the same time, cosmetics bring in more retinue for the company which can then be redirected into larger and more complicated tasks like game balance and dedicated servers.
We simply don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and it's incredibly foolish and presumptuous to pretend that we do by complaining about the developers and their priorities as if we know anything about their motivations and intentions aside from what they've told us themselves.
So to sum it all up we need to mind our business and let them do what they want
Yes and no. A more accurate summary would be that we need to recognise that we don't know everything. We are on the front end of this game, not the backend. We can criticise and we can complain, but we ought not to be too quick to assume we have all the information and judge the developers accordingly.
I noticed that too. Like weren't some of these issues around during the very first test of the servers.
That's super concerning, especially the huntress one's