I met my first speed hacker.

Legit, when he was dead on hook and I hit him, he activated it and spent the rest of the game running at insane speed. I reported him. But I've played this game for a while, and he's the first ever hacker I've ever seen. (Thank god I was Spirit btw).

Just made this thread to ask when did everyone else meet their first hacker?

Comments

  • He escaped btw, I got a 3k.

  • I have never met an hacker

    I am on PS4 so they're probably even less common than on PC

    I am aware that it is still possible to cheat on consoles, but as far as I know it's much harder to do

  • Yeah, is that a bug? Holy #########, that should have been patched in the hotfix. That's disgusting that the devs wont fix that bug, I'm so sorry if you're reading this, Ace.

  • Holy geez....I watched that link..that..is definitely not ok lol

  • It's a major bug on the game, not sure how it happens. But it happened to me on PS4 a few times, I think it's related to frame issues. When it happened to me in a game I had frame issues and when I got hit it started to drop the frames massively and I had the infinite sprint burst that you get when you get hit, it canceled it out when I got hit again though.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687178#Comment_687178

    Yeah, is that a bug? Holy #########, that should have been patched in the hotfix. That's disgusting that the devs wont fix that bug, I'm so sorry if you're reading this, Ace.

    Yeah, I thought it was someday fixed, but apparently nope xd

  • If I had the count of how many lagswitchers I met...

  • Met some low ranks that needed to speedhack after i killed two of them legit with Bubba. The two people speedhacking escaped, but it was ok they just couldn't take a loose and got a permaban like two weeks after that.

  • @Peanits @MandyTalk shouldn't this bug be patched? it's ridiculous.

  • i met my first ever hacker as Leatherface on the Thompson Buildig.

    it was a jake that would run at 115% mms... i didnt notice at first, since i tried to chainsaw him, but when he started running circles around an object and i was not catching up at all, it became apparent he was hacking.

    i tried to mindgame him, was succesfull with that aswell, but he still escaped .-.

    i was hoping to get some assistance from the other survivors, but they did gens and opened the doors for him. they even hookrescued him once (i tried to prevent it, but hey... BT is a thing and i hoped they'd leave him since he was hacking, so i didnt facecamp with an active chainsaw...). the only thing i got from them was "oh, seems like jake was hacking" in the end chat...

    i reported him and never saw him again though ^^

  • Met two Speedhackers so far, one as Survivor, one as Killer.

    When I played Survivor there was an Ace which was WAY too fast. I thought I had some strange lag, but when the Killer said we should report him, it was clear.

    As Killer, I played Burger King Myers (that irony when you speedhack vs Burger King Myers..). She ran away and I thought "Oh, Sprint Burst". Shortly afterwards, I saw her again and she was still that fast (it was around Sprint Burst-Speed). Had do check by chasing another Survivor, maybe it just feels so fast because I am so slow, but nope, she was hacking.

    Afterwards she was making fun of it, that it is not a big deal and just for trolling. Yeah, sure...

  • Run into a few lagswitchers, but no hackers.

  • I'm on PS4 so I only come across lagswitchers, and that doesn't happen often.

  • @LCGaster said:

    I have never met an hacker

    I am on PS4 so they're probably even less common than on PC

    I am aware that it is still possible to cheat on consoles, but as far as I know it's much harder to do

    It's possible to hack on PS4 but you wouldn't be able to play online. In order to jailbreak your PS4 you need to downgrade the Software of your PS4 but the PSN doesn't allow you to play online with an old Software version. There are no hackers on DbD Ps4

  • i met many speedhacking Hillbillys (and maybe 1 other killer) but dunno why, if someone is speedhacking vs me its always billy

    i have yet to meet speedhacking surv

  • @Broccoli_Jaeger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687177#Comment_687177

    It's possible to hack on PS4 but you wouldn't be able to play online. In order to jailbreak your PS4 you need to downgrade the Software of your PS4 but the PSN doesn't allow you to play online with an old Software version. There are no hackers on DbD Ps4

    Oh ok, nice

    I didn't know that